Naruto: Road to Transformation contract, Prologue - episode 1 out of 667

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hizamaruu wrote:

Celes wrote:

Hizamaruu wrote:

do they really need patch from KR to fix that?
      Yes, we do need fix patch from Korea (we don't change staff manually just like that ourselves, most of the time NCSoft has to provide us with settings or scripts) and we are all this time in contact with them. Hope soon we will be able to share info.
      Im a little bit curious , i dont know if you are allowed to answer that tho .Is gameforge able to do such things like changes , i mean do they have the programming skills/knowledge needed or they are being restricted doing such changes by NCSoft?
      I don't know but I expect that NCSoft actually write the game code and have all the tools to edit and build the game, and the publishers in the various regions have access to APIs to be able to add items to characters (to facilitate the cash shop and application of bonus items such as those from veteran rewards) and get character information (to display on website).

Localised content likely gets sent from NCSoft and then is translated etc. before being sent back to NCSoft to be included in the game build before being packaged up and distributed to the publisher.

So this change probably involved Gameforge requesting a new price to be set for the transformation contract, and NCSoft probably just went and made that change (along with anything else requested) before packaging up the client and server components and sending it back. Finally, everything gets updated and we end up with 2,000 gold ingot transform contracts which is wrong. So then this needs to be reported to NC who then have to make the change, build a new client and server, etc.

At least, that's how I reckon it happens - the software developer looks after the maintenance of the game itself, the publisher just requests changes for their region.

However this does beg the question: Why was the update not tested before being applied to the live server? Surely if you have a few changes that are being made, you'd want to just give them a brief bit of testing first? I mean, it's a case of pressing a few buttons in the game to check this particular change. I'm sure NC test gameplay changes, but they probably wouldn't know if this change is right or wrong.
    • The transformation system itself is good. Running around like a bear or penguin is quite irritating but could be accepted. The only problem is their existence in game ... Obtaining such contracts is quite limited , and shouldn't be like that... in parallel of premium/gold pack existence which is similar to pay to play ...
    • Furrybeans wrote:

Hizamaruu wrote:

Celes wrote:

Hizamaruu wrote:

do they really need patch from KR to fix that?
      Yes, we do need fix patch from Korea (we don't change staff manually just like that ourselves, most of the time NCSoft has to provide us with settings or scripts) and we are all this time in contact with them. Hope soon we will be able to share info.
      Im a little bit curious , i dont know if you are allowed to answer that tho .Is gameforge able to do such things like changes , i mean do they have the programming skills/knowledge needed or they are being restricted doing such changes by NCSoft?
      I don't know but I expect that NCSoft actually write the game code and have all the tools to edit and build the game, and the publishers in the various regions have access to APIs to be able to add items to characters (to facilitate the cash shop and application of bonus items such as those from veteran rewards) and get character information (to display on website).
      Localised content likely gets sent from NCSoft and then is translated etc. before being sent back to NCSoft to be included in the game build before being packaged up and distributed to the publisher.

So this change probably involved Gameforge requesting a new price to be set for the transformation contract, and NCSoft probably just went and made that change (along with anything else requested) before packaging up the client and server components and sending it back. Finally, everything gets updated and we end up with 2,000 gold ingot transform contracts which is wrong. So then this needs to be reported to NC who then have to make the change, build a new client and server, etc.

At least, that's how I reckon it happens - the software developer looks after the maintenance of the game itself, the publisher just requests changes for their region.

However this does beg the question: Why was the update not tested before being applied to the live server? Surely if you have a few changes that are being made, you'd want to just give them a brief bit of testing first? I mean, it's a case of pressing a few buttons in the game to check this particular change. I'm sure NC test gameplay changes, but they probably wouldn't know if this change is right or wrong.
      HEHE. API's :)

Don't think this system/game is modern for that kinda thing. I bet they have direct access to the DB or no access at all ...
    • What I think happened is that GameForge requested the transformation contract price to be lowered to 2.000 kinah for the duration of this event and thus making true the claim of Galeas that the october event would have contracts in it.

But this was mistranslated into 2.000 gold ingots and sent back to GF to apply it.

For correct westernization of the game the contracts should not be more than 2 million kinah in my opinion, down from 12.375.000 kinah with a weekly purchase limit of 5 contracts per character.