PVP GEAR ENCHANTING

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fregion wrote:

We have the original enchanting rates and the only thing we can do is forward to NCsoft that you think the current rates are too low. Which, if I'm not mistaken, has already been done.
    I play this game for so long that I know this is just some nyerked up statement to keep people quiet. while the truth is you do absolutely nothing to keep people buy more enchant stones from the shop and get all the money you can get
  • It's simple.
    gameforge tampered with the enchant rates or it's a bug (oh, that old story again).
    Either way we will never see our wasted hundred of stones again.
    @Fregion
    I got failed enchants at +0 and +1 and according to the enchantment sheet of this patch that's impossible.
    And @Galeas
    We're in october. Where's our veteran reward system? And hero trials.
    No announcement on those topics whatsoever.
  • sharlata wrote:

have you noticed how quickly they "solved the problem with the kinah bug"? when as the old simples bugs are still there and ruin our game unlike "kinah bug" which was never a bug. paradox :E
    everything that can earn them more money will be fixed ASAP I'm sure they even use whip's to speed up the process. After so many years I'm still amazed people have faith in them :/
  • Doombolt wrote:

It's simple.
    gameforge tampered with the enchant rates or it's a bug (oh, that old story again).
    @Fregion
    I got failed enchants at +0 and +1 and according to the enchantment sheet of this patch that's impossible.
    And @Galeas
    That's not impossible. We're playing 6.2 not 6.5. In 6.2 it's 88%, in 6.5 it's 100% which is the "impossible" that you're talking about.
  • Alibi wrote:

Doombolt wrote:

It's simple.
    @Fregion
    And @Galeas
    That's not impossible. We're playing 6.2 not 6.5. In 6.2 it's 88%, in 6.5 it's 100% which is the "impossible" that you're talking about.
    I used 20 ancient stones for an ancient armor piece. And it went to +1 so if that is 88% then I guess eather I'm unlucky as hell or something ain't right
  • Desperation wrote:

sometimes it indeed takes 100+ yellow and some purple (i try by yellow till +13 and then purple) to do +15, but sometimes even that amount doesnt help. These chances are not as in table of powerbook.
    30% - it is chance of +16-+20 by APES in 5.8.
    And it failed less than it fails now

Good I don't need you to tell me what's correct and whats not there. I would have to close the website down long time ago otherwise.
  • Xappy wrote:

I used 20 ancient stones for an ancient armor piece. And it went to +1 so if that is 88% then I guess eather I'm unlucky as hell or something ain't right
    Well that's a different topic. But you're making it seem like it failed 19 times and then went +1 which i'm pretty sure was not the case.

Regardless i will say my armour has failed enough times in a row at those 88% to make me feel like it might not be 88% :D
  • I'm quoting myself, because looks like everybody is ignoring this message in previous page. Probably because it was in moderation for so long and most people probably read only newest messages.

zangyain wrote:

I made a small program to simulate enchanting, starting from +10 with legendary stones on ancient pieces, because it's most relevant at the moment.

My point is to demonstrate only the RNG part in it, because 48% chance seems to be too hard to believe by lots of people.

Results from a single run (with a source code) can be found from <link removed, because I'm not sure if this forum system allows same link in quote, and i don't want it to go to moderation for another 20 hours. link is in the original message in the previous page>

And for all those who can read the code, I know it's not good or pretty code, I'm just an amateur programmer. And if you find any mistakes in the way I made the enchanting mechanism, please tell me.

The results are in the end, and as you can see you can get REALLY unlucky and waste hundreds of stones.. or do it with only 4. The average stones needed were between 41 and 56 when I ran the program about 10 times.
  • zangyain wrote:

I'm quoting myself, because looks like everybody is ignoring this message in previous page. Probably because it was in moderation for so long and most people probably read only newest messages.

zangyain wrote:

I made a small program to simulate enchanting, starting from +10 with legendary stones on ancient pieces, because it's most relevant at the moment.

My point is to demonstrate only the RNG part in it, because 48% chance seems to be too hard to believe by lots of people.

Results from a single run (with a source code) can be found from <link removed, because I'm not sure if this forum system allows same link in quote, and i don't want it to go to moderation for another 20 hours. link is in the original message in the previous page>

And for all those who can read the code, I know it's not good or pretty code, I'm just an amateur programmer. And if you find any mistakes in the way I made the enchanting mechanism, please tell me.

The results are in the end, and as you can see you can get REALLY unlucky and waste hundreds of stones.. or do it with only 4. The average stones needed were between 41 and 56 when I ran the program about 10 times.

Well there you go, average 47.83 which is ~48

The issue is that with those rates, with 16 items that need to be +15'd to upgrade and with the current supply of purple stones, it simply can't be done without taking you a ton of months.
  • Fregion wrote:

We have the original enchanting rates and the only thing we can do is forward to NCsoft that you think the current rates are too low. Which, if I'm not mistaken, has already been done.
    The enchant rate same as korea is absolutely fine. It was meant to be hard, and it will get better with 6.5. Korea gets a lot of tiny patches and hotfixes that make the game better and more enjoyable as soon as possible, something that we don't get (rightfully so) since usually publisher delivers the bigger patch alltogether. The point here is that a competent publisher understands whats needed in order to keep people playing, maintain healthy population servers, please all kind of players from the f2p ones to the big whales. Gameforge already showed plenty of times how they are not able to do such simple task like monitoring and understanding the game. They need to flood the game with LEGENDARY stones. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to progress in the game without these. (well right now, its impossible to progress in the game thanks to ALL the major screws up but hey, lets just talk about this one). They should be dropping just as much as Ancient ones.
  • was enchanting ancient part from +0 to +1 . got +0, insta failure. for sure chance to enchant ancient gear with ancient stones to +10 its less than 55% and after +10 even if we use purple stones is still like 30%. ancient stones probably even 15% after +10. and for sure is not "unlucky as hell " so many ppl used so many stones and result the same.
  • sharlata wrote:

was enchanting ancient part from +0 to +1 . got +0, insta failure. for sure chance to enchant ancient gear with ancient stones to +10 its less than 55% and after +10 even if we use purple stones is still like 30%. ancient stones probably even 15% after +10. and for sure is not "unlucky as hell " so many ppl used so many stones and result the same.
    That's just not true. You think that because all you see are bad posts. You think people that got +15 first try are posting here or anywhere? No, they aren't.
  • Alibi wrote:

sharlata wrote:

was enchanting ancient part from +0 to +1 . got +0, insta failure. for sure chance to enchant ancient gear with ancient stones to +10 its less than 55% and after +10 even if we use purple stones is still like 30%. ancient stones probably even 15% after +10. and for sure is not "unlucky as hell " so many ppl used so many stones and result the same.
    That's just not true. You think that because all you see are bad posts. You think people that got +15 first try are posting here or anywhere? No, they aren't.
    eh? what exactly not true? i think what? this is all taken from the experience of xxxxxx number of people. who spent xxxxxxx ancient stones and xxxx legendary stones. and 0 ultimate. for sure there are 1%of people who got +15 ancient part with purple stone. but that sh1t % i can compare to stigma enchantment to +9 or gear to +26 in 5.8 but this should not be like this . if we would have endgame gear already now wihtout step evolution and we should enchant it with same % like now , its fine. but this is just ANCIENT gear and then purple and then red. why then they did compensation ??? it's pointless. people who got +15 ancient = people who got ultimates from exchange and from siege. not sure if they even drop somwhere. bad posts because its truth. with same amount of legendary stones what we spent already for 1 ancient part we could get already +25 gear in 5.8 problem is drop rate close to 0.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HairyStorm: blablablabla people who got +15 first try they pretty understand how its hard and probably they wont get rest parts so easy next time. its because they got luck not because other players unlucky as hell. ().

• sharlata wrote:

Alibi wrote:

sharlata wrote:

eh? what exactly not true? i think what? this is all taken from the experience of xxxxxx number of people. who spent xxxxxxx ancient stones and xxxx legendary stones. and 0 ultimate. for sure there are 1%of people who got +15 ancient part with purple stone. but that sh1t % i can compare to stigma enchantment to +9 or gear to +26 in 5.8 but this should not be like this . if we would have endgame gear already now wihtout step evolution and we should enchant it with same % like now , its fine. but this is just ANCIENT gear and then purple and then red. why then they did compensation ??? it's pointless. people who got +15 ancient = people who got ultimates from exchange and from siege. not sure if they even drop somwhere. bad posts because its truth. with same amount of legendary stones what we spent already for 1 ancient part we could get already +25 gear in 5.8 problem is drop rate close to 0.
    Guys, I can make this really easy for you and tell you exactly the odds you are looking at when it comes to enchanting. If you have a +10 legendary (purple, or pink if you are a psychopath) piece of gear the chance of increasing 1 level by using a legendary stone is 45%. There is a big whopping "but" though, because the probability of increasing 1 level is NOT the same as increasing 1 level five times in a row (which you need to do in order to upgrade gear)! The probability of you getting from a +10 legendary item to a +15 legendary item, using legendary stones is:

> 2 %. Yes, I am not bullshitting.

I am not making this up, this is legit. Calculating the probability is not hard, because the math you are looking at is basically this

0.45 * 0.45 * 0.45 * 0.45 * 0.45 = 0.0184. So yeah, less than 2% chance of you making a +10 to +15 legendary gear using legendary stones. So yeah, you tell me how many stones that will amount to in the end. Add on top of that the stones you used to make ancient gear (yellow) to +15 and then making the exemplified gear in the above example to +10. Can you fathom it? Because I absolutely can't.

Disclaimer:
    I could be very, very wrong about approaching this, but I dont think I am. I am fairly certain this is how you approach calculating probability of independant outcomes (or events or whatever), but if there is any math buff who can correct it or elaborate, feel free to do so.

Also I should mention that the above example hasn't accounted for critting enchanting (increasing 2 levels instead of just 1), meaning if you happen to crit, the probability will increase because instead of having to achieve 5 enchantment successes in a row, you would need 3 or 4 successes in a row. But that happening is probably ridiculously low - not that I know, but yeah...
  • its simply impossible to gameforge to maintain these rate + these insane prices on shop, not to mention for crappy ancients....

koreans get thousands of enchants stones, ancient/lengendary/ultimate (granted its random) and stigma enchanting stones from box.aion.sdo.com/ for reasonable price...while we are being scammed out of our mind......

on korean streams you can see them getting thousands of stigma enchanting stones, here you have to pay 99 aion coins??!?!?! are you out of your goddamn minds!!!!? 29 for 1 ancient!!!!! ANCIENT!!!! omg!

the lack of insight from this company is astonishing.....really......cant you guys make a calculated guess? not to mention the lack of ethics.

We need thousands of real life money to enchant gear and another few kk to have the transformation scroll, now you tell me, since your so smart bussiness guys, do you think there is allot of people that gonna spend at least 5k on this game?

what do you think will happen to the rest of the population over time!!!!??? and your whales? Jesus.....

the only reason im not cursing is cause you would ban me, otherwise if it was face to face i would tell you what i really think.

The post was edited 7 times, last by [NICK]papichulo ().