Banned after trying to log into store?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Banned after trying to log into store?

So I got home from work and wanted to check out the new items added to the store. Immediately met with the message that my account is banned.
      Mindblown, i try to log into the client, and of course i'm banned.
      "You've been banned due breaking the guiedelines and user policies, because you used software that is not permitted for use in game by the company."
      I'm actually freaking out, especially considering I just returned from 4.0, and have had my account ever since NCsoft days.
      I'm supposed to have recieved a email with more information, But nao.
      The only thing I can think have triggered this ban is when i tried to log into the shop my VPN was active, (My vpn is set to run automatically when windows is booting up.)
      Is this something that happens often? will this get resolved or am I nyerked up due to my autobooting vpn? lmao.

I also read through these two pages:
      AION Free-To-Play – Additional Game Rules
      Community Guidelines

And I according to these you're not even banned for using VPN, so what the actual nyerk is going on? Panic is real.
    • Well, if you had the VPN and chose a country where aion coins price is lower than your country, that would mean to cheat the system my friend.
      It would appear Gameforge implemented a ban-hammer to drop upon sneaky guys like yourself.
      But it's all good bro, contact support and tell them you're a good guy and kindly ask them to unban you.
    • [NICK]samaelll wrote:

That happened to me also, but I’m at work and tried logging in on my phone. Are u really banned from the game as from the shop?
      Yes, I checked in game. banned.

Doombolt wrote:

Well, if you had the VPN and chose a country where aion coins price is lower than your country, that would mean to cheat the system my friend.
      It would appear Gameforge implemented a ban-hammer to drop upon sneaky guys like yourself.
      But it's all good bro, contact support and tell them you're a good guy and kindly ask them to unban you.
      My VPN is located in my own country. So there's no price difference.
      I really do hope it's just a misunderstanding tbh. Thanks for the reassuring. Unfortunately they havent replied to my ticket yet.
    • Well... RIP. No more game for me then, probably. That’s the nail on the coffin.

Account banned for logging Aion Shop on a mobile. The funny part is it would be the 2nd time I would on the shop today. Well, fine I guess.
    • The only Gameforge employees that seem to do their job well, are the support.

I give thumbs up for support.
      :cookieshugo:
    • This had happened to me quite a few times, and had to contact the Support to unlock my account.

For me, it mainly used to happen when i tried to log into the forums using my Game Account ID, but since i changed my forum log-in into "Forum Account" (rather than game id), that has stopped.

But sometimes it still happened, like recently when the Forum was down and i tried to log in using one of my of unused game account id, but now that account got blocked (well it was a account which got created accidentally, because of account creation mess from GF side).