Today's Kinah changes officially killed F2P (maths included)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Today's Kinah changes officially killed F2P (maths included)

Ok, long story short.

With the new Kinah changes to self-shop, it's now impossible for new players / F2P players to even remotely play the game.

F2P Income (weekly)
    • Mirash : 170k Kinah total from loot (raw Kinah from bonus chests, white/boss loot items sold) - 130k Kinah from quest
    • GoK : 450k Kinah (on average)
    • GoK weekly income : 1.8mil
    • Mirash weekly income : 1.2mil
    • Total weekly income from instances accessible to F2P players : 3mil
    F2P Expenses (hourly)
    • 1 Food + 1 Drink + 1 Transformation scroll (free contracts for new/returning players) : 66'960kinah
    • Total, per hour (no deaths in PvE/PvP) : 401'760kinah

F2P Income allows for : 7.5 hours of gameplay per week with no progress (no reID, no enchanting)
    Let's not count Luna instances...

Weekly Genesis Crystals
    540 from 60x8 camps
    208 from weekly quests x4
    Total : 748 Genesis Crystals
    We aren't counting PvP quests, for quite obvious reasons

Most optimal Kinah/Genesis Crystal are Gloves/Boots/Shoulderpads at 4'081kinah per Genesis Crystal (previously 15'510kinah)

Weekly income from Genesis Crystals (no progress, pure NPC buying and vendoring) : 3'053'204kinah

With no progress AT ALL, your weekly income in terms of Instances and Weekly Genesis quests covers :
    15 hours of weekly gameplay with ZERO progress and ZERO enchanting and NO DEATHS and NO TELEPORTS

tl;dr - If you don't die, if you don't use teleports, if you don't reset soul sickness, if you don't enhance gear, if you don't re-ID gear and if the ONLY thing you do in the game is vendor your loot from Instances and Weekly quests, you have 15 hours of "basic fees" covered per week.
    If you take longer than that AND/OR die, you will go bankrupt and will never be able to afford a goldpack.

It is now officially possible and highly likely to regress (I prefer the idea of negative progress) during active playtime for F2P players

List of useless consumables / materials to a new player who can't use the broker to cover "basic fees" :
    • Malleability stones (unsellable on broker for F2P, 1kinah per unit vendored)
    • Minionite (1kinah per unit vendored)
    • Shards (1kinah per unit vendored)
    • Minion contracts (unsellable on broker for F2P, unsellable to vendor)
    • Cube items (1kinah per unit vendored)
    • Enhancement stones (1kinah per unit vendored)
    • Manastones (1kinah per unit vendored)
    • Food from quests (1kinah per unit vendored)
    • Transformation potions, quests or looted (1kinah per unit vendored)
    My idea to fix that : allow F2P players to use 2 (or more) broker slots for free and/or give vendor value to the aforementioned items. In addition to that, grinding white items will not cover basic fees (you don't get 30 per hour).

Bonus meme

EDIT
    To elaborate further on the economics of the current "no kinah drops from mobs" train of thought implies, on a global scale, the raw unexchanged Kinah is limited by the amount of pieces of gear that get NPC vendored.

It will ultimately lead to a global scarcity of raw currency, limited by the amount of instances one or multiple players can run per week. The meta will be running 4man instances and giving each player one item to NPC vendor for raw Kinah.

This deters players from group play and makes grinding for Kinah essentially pointless when we'll reach the point where Malleability stones will reach prices under the "basic fees" just like in Korea where you see them sold for 340-380 Kinah per unit because you will spend more money grinding them than the money you'll get for selling them.

The post was edited 4 times, last by KARMEK ().

• Deadlift wrote:

KARMEK, i see you are from /biz/

Selling prices are smaller than @Galeas biceps.
    Crap, my cover is blown !

Nah but for real, I just have a huge affinity for game design and economics, especially economic climates in video games. Guess I could blame it on EVE. Currently looking for a job in those fields by the way Gameforge, hit me up.
  • Really mate ? 2 slots? U think thats gonna fix the problem ?
    The whole game atm is exactly how our NA friends call "FUBAR"(google that if u dont know.)
    There is no turning back now , their reckless greedy decisions made the game like this.

With what motivation can a non-p2w player should play now? Just so he can be able to move around the game? Survive in this madness? Jesus christ u guys handle a game with no idea about what drawbacks your actions have .

Lets take me for example . I'm not and i'm not willing to pay a single cent other than paying for subscription , what else do you want from me to let me play the freaking game?

What the fk im even saying , why to progress ? Ill end up getting killed by someone who purchase the fkin GOD MODE u putted in item shop.
  • Hizamaruu wrote:

I'm not and i'm not willing to pay a single cent other than paying for subscription

And that's pretty much the whole point I wanted to address with this thread. As long as you're fine with paying a 5€ per month fee, you can potentially generate (and that's the key word) upwards of 30 to 40 millions a month with instances and vendoring FFA gear if you do absolutely all your instances within the month, basic expenses covered.

At this point, I'm running GoKs for the free foods from quest to negate my expenses.

As for the transformation contracts, I don't think they'll be a huge issue for sub players in the very long run with the new drop changes in Nara and HT. With that said, F2P players will most likely be unable to ever experience Nara or FT in decent scenarios, or they will actually lose money running them without getting carried.

Reducing reID / enchanting costs could go a long way for F2P and the economy as a whole though.

I don't approve of the RNG box containing Kaisinel pots though, just like most of the community I guess.
  • KARMEK wrote:

Hizamaruu wrote:

I'm not and i'm not willing to pay a single cent other than paying for subscription
    And that's pretty much the whole point I wanted to address with this thread. As long as you're fine with paying a 5€ per month fee, you can potentially generate (and that's the key word) upwards of 30 to 40 millions a month with instances and vendoring FFA gear if you do absolutely all your instances within the month, basic expenses covered.

At this point, I'm running GoKs for the free foods from quest to negate my expenses.

As for the transformation contracts, I don't think they'll be a huge issue for sub players in the very long run with the new drop changes in Nara and HT. With that said, F2P players will most likely be unable to ever experience Nara or FT in decent scenarios, or they will actually lose money running them without getting carried.

Reducing reID / enchanting costs could go a long way for F2P and the economy as a whole though.

I don't approve of the RNG box containing Kaisinel pots though, just like most of the community I guess.
    No ,it is a big deal , u gotta have 11 characters and be able to farm all instances with everyone single one to be relevant at least. Since launch day i have been doing everything in my capability for what? To get gear to fight with what? Every single transformation scroll i have bought is white( im one of those who are not allowed to get their 2 free scrolls , another broken promise) ...Me as a player , how im suppose to World PvP , do instances , arenas and everything with just these white transformations and not being able to acquire more because ill have to get my gear at a decent level with these crap enchants. This isnt gameplay or farm , this feels like slavery for a dream , a dream that u will sometime be able to do something ...something , not much , but something.
    There is simple no motivation at anything if u are not willing to drop some cash.

Also regarding transformation , i'm waiting for the day , for that one day that i will log in , and ill laugh my butt out seeing posts on cross server with tags like " kaisinel forms only" xdxdxdxdxd