So what is the business with trading forts?

• Discussion
    • Elyos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This same picture was posted like... 7 years ago or so when people were complaining about this exact thing. What I can guarantee you, though, is that the majority of the playerbase consists of guys who are probably less likely to pick the ugly dumb looking dude and more likely to go with the nimbly looking innocent foxy elyos lady. What I'm saying is that's a completely unfortunate sexist picture. But then you have people like me, and there are many, who are not playing their first mmo and know that character customization is a thing. that's one of the reasons I started Aion in the first place, I knew the character customization was awesome and still is even to today's standards.
    • NCsoft and Gameforge, they both can balance the factions but they don't give a crap about it as long as their money flow is solid.
      Why give a damn about us right?!
    • That's untrue. Both ncsoft and Gameforge has done numerous attempts for balancing such as giving boosts to asmodians, lock Elyos creation, giving items/gear to levelling asmodians. There is also a topic where players can give suggestions for balancing. Unlike what some people believe, those don't get send to the paper shredder, but get forwarded.
      NEW FORUM HERE: forum.aion.gameforge.com/
    • Senpai wrote:

That's untrue. Both ncsoft and Gameforge has done numerous attempts for balancing such as giving boosts to asmodians, lock Elyos creation, giving items/gear to levelling asmodians. There is also a topic where players can give suggestions for balancing. Unlike what some people believe, those don't get send to the paper shredder, but get forwarded.
      Spatalos/Deyla has been inbalanced since day 1 of aion, been inbalanced when GF took over and now in 2018 its still imbalanced. These noumerous attempts have kinda failed.
      We got a new patch, did GF put anything up to push 'a big impulse' of players to a specific fraction? No. Chance missed. Deyla will not get balanced ever.
    • Sjaakjuh wrote:

Spatalos/Deyla has been inbalanced since day 1 of aion, been inbalanced when GF took over and now in 2018 its still imbalanced. These noumerous attempts have kinda failed.We got a new patch, did GF put anything up to push 'a big impulse' of players to a specific fraction? No. Chance missed. Deyla will not get balanced ever.
      When there was a faction lock, new players were upset they couldn't join Elyos to play with their friends. If players prefer to play Elyos, despite all the measure taken in the past, it's not the fault of the publisher. A balanced game is more beneficial for players which means players are less likely to quit. A bigger playerbase is better for any publisher/game developer. If there was an ultimate solution that would fix all the balancing problems and Gameforge or NCsoft knew about it. Don't you think it would have already been implemented?
      NEW FORUM HERE: forum.aion.gameforge.com/
    • i joined asmodians because i like the tragic story :thumbsup: my impression on asmo side was better after reading the intro on both sides. But yes, sadly most players dont bother with such details.

What could help, is to put a sexy asmodian lady in the faction selection screen ;)
    • I've no idea why people tend to chose elyos so much more, even just because of their appearance. I've been an asmo since 2009 and never regretted my choice, always liked asmo appearance better, and I'm not into dark / gothic stuff :l I just thought they had better face shapes / eyes, tattoos and skins. Walking motion even (probably its the same for both factions now, but before it wasn't).

Asmodian armors have been the best till 3.0 when they decided to give the same to everyone, wanna talk about the old 50 abyss skin? :S

• Konoyaro wrote:

After years I left Spatalos I returned to Deyla, and I'm surprised to see how much the playerbase changed.

Current elyos leaders and xforms handing out forts to asmodians on some kind of a trade deal which stands beyond my understanding.

Their point is: "We don't want to hold forts too much, because the PvP buff will go so high, we won't be able to recapture it later".

My questions and comments:

1. What do you gain by giving the fort to the Asmodians? If their buff gets lower by one / won siege, and you retake it the next time, 2 sieges later you have to give your fort again to the asmodians to keep this "balance". Why not win as much as we can?

2. What's the point of toying around with their PvP buff? It's designed to make the sieges exciting. I'm pretty sure we all tired of sieges where you have to be active for 2-3 minutes to slaughter the asmos, then just running around the walls doing nothing and hope an assassin make it through our lines so we can kill him for HP. I'm pretty sure sieges would give more reward and it would be more exciting, if we play out the sieges to the maximum every time. If you mess with the design of the game by manipulating the buff, you only get boring sieges. You won't win more, you won't lose more.

Last two sieges were lost, because the top 100 players (probably acting under commands from the siege leaders) did not used the transforms, and handed the forts to the asmodians. Would you please elaborate why?

I think my questions can be easily answered. If not, I will simply go with the only logical answer: Our siege leaders / xforms have asmodian accounts / friends.
      Basic answer: because of these, Deyla is the best crowded and active server.
      Lifetime Daeva since 2009
    • Thats why Katalam sieges were the best.
      Tank and spank on lakrum fortress is boring and requires no tactic what so ever.

In Katalam you had to league up, decide on a tactic, bind for prades, kisk for bassen and start on sillus.
      Most likely the winner would take 2 forts and the loser 1 fort. Bring them back, I'd say. Maybe even in an event :)

Then about 'handing' forts. Well, Im not sure if anybody of Deyla Elyos even has like a say in that.
      If the asmos have the buff, we hit them for 500 dmg each attack, which is proper boring and unwinnable.
      Honourpoints got destroyed anyway this patch, so only reason for siege is the makarna scrolls anyway. Its a sad story.
      Perento Elyos - 65 Bard
      Deyla Elyos - 80 Bard
    • ye your comparison with katalam sieges is right on point, because they were the laggiest of all like current one.. the FPS drop of this fort siege is only comparable with prades back then..
      no clue what is wrong with those forts but.. How are sieges even considered exciting..
      As for "trading forts" - no1 is trading anything, ppl just dont want to waste 1h sensless struggle in a siege that cant be won. If u want to defend it so badly , you can do it on your own
    • t0re wrote:

ye your comparison with katalam sieges is right on point, because they were the laggiest of all like current one.. the FPS drop of this fort siege is only comparable with prades back then..
      no clue what is wrong with those forts but.. How are sieges even considered exciting..
      As for "trading forts" - no1 is trading anything, ppl just dont want to waste 1h sensless struggle in a siege that cant be won. If u want to defend it so badly , you can do it on your own
      ...and die in the attempt so many times that you feel sorry for your character
    • The FPS drops during siege are due to severe memory issues within the game client which came up with 6.2

The rendering system is bugged as you can sometimes see on characters, this is present during sieges as well and results in FPS plummets to 2-5 fps.

The reason we don't defend the fort all the time is because the asmodian buff is simply too powerful to deal with, and adding to it our fortress NPCs are forced into low-ranking mode which gives them less HP, less damage and less defense than normal.

When the buff weakens our NPCs turn into high-ranking mode and the asmodians can be easily dealt with.

The buff also provides massive Additional PvP attack and defense, on top of them having 120-150k+ HP per single player.
    • terent wrote:

to elyos complaining about the siege buff, you are always welcome to reroll asmo and help the balance, I would be more than happy to lose the buff and be able to fight back without it, as it makes things more interesting.
      where? all the posts above are just noting that there's no point in fighting against it when its full. It is there for a reason and thats fine. We're just saying struggling in already 100% lost battle is loss of time and nerves, thats all