So what is the business with trading forts?

• Discussion
    • Elyos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So what is the business with trading forts?

After years I left Spatalos I returned to Deyla, and I'm surprised to see how much the playerbase changed.

Current elyos leaders and xforms handing out forts to asmodians on some kind of a trade deal which stands beyond my understanding.

Their point is: "We don't want to hold forts too much, because the PvP buff will go so high, we won't be able to recapture it later".

My questions and comments:

1. What do you gain by giving the fort to the Asmodians? If their buff gets lower by one / won siege, and you retake it the next time, 2 sieges later you have to give your fort again to the asmodians to keep this "balance". Why not win as much as we can?

2. What's the point of toying around with their PvP buff? It's designed to make the sieges exciting. I'm pretty sure we all tired of sieges where you have to be active for 2-3 minutes to slaughter the asmos, then just running around the walls doing nothing and hope an assassin make it through our lines so we can kill him for HP. I'm pretty sure sieges would give more reward and it would be more exciting, if we play out the sieges to the maximum every time. If you mess with the design of the game by manipulating the buff, you only get boring sieges. You won't win more, you won't lose more.

Last two sieges were lost, because the top 100 players (probably acting under commands from the siege leaders) did not used the transforms, and handed the forts to the asmodians. Would you please elaborate why?

I think my questions can be easily answered. If not, I will simply go with the only logical answer: Our siege leaders / xforms have asmodian accounts / friends.
    • Doombolt wrote:

How do you know this info?
      Is it speculation or you actually witnessed it?

What do you mean? Yes, the forts were given out intentionally, they planned it before, we've been asked to allow asmos to win, but the crowd wasn't cooperative then. Now almost all xforms were just standing there and watch as the deity is being taken down, a few independent 5-star plus players used it, big respect to them.
    • We didn't give them the forts you imb...

Look, during the Lakrum Fortress battle the asmos overpowered the elyos because the buff level they received made their entire league permanent xforms.

During the Divine Fortress battle we willingly let the asmos take the fort, not only is it beneficial to us (we gain legendary PvP enchantment stones) it is also both BAD for the asmos (who only got 1 gold medal) AND when divine is fixed we will conquer it with the asmos not having pvp buff backing them up.
    • I assume Rym is right to some extent. In Lakrum the buff was strong enough to overcome the difference in numbers, but I did see the usual defence from elyos. There was no sign of hidden agreement.
      I also saw some resistance in Divine, but I assume many elyos wanted to lose to get the enchant.
    • Rym wrote:

We didn't give them the forts you imb...

Look, during the Lakrum Fortress battle the asmos overpowered the elyos because the buff level they received made their entire league permanent xforms.

During the Divine Fortress battle we willingly let the asmos take the fort, not only is it beneficial to us (we gain legendary PvP enchantment stones) it is also both BAD for the asmos (who only got 1 gold medal) AND when divine is fixed we will conquer it with the asmos not having pvp buff backing them up.

Try to remain human in the discussion, even if it's challenge for you. I'm did not threw insults on you, so I expect the same from your side.

Lakrum Fortress siege was sold out, only 3-4 elyos transformed, against 10-15 asmodian xforms. It's hard to miss, because it gets written to the center of your screen. So at this point if the elyos won't use the transforms, that's intentional. So I'm waiting the explanation on this one.

I was on Discord when my teammate said "Jesus #&@# our xform-capables just standing there, watching, and do nothing".

As for the Divine Fortress; if this is true what you are saying, then that point is answered. Lakrum still stands.
    • Yes, it does make a difference. The situation was still very tense, and they barely able to make a stand at the guardian general. With ten more xforms, this siege could've been an easy victory.

Also, the elite players and legions have elite clerics as well. Don't tell me they don't have 1-2 pocket cleric covering their backs and instantly dispelling the fears if they got it.

Xforms supposed to stand on the front line, take the beating for a few seconds, while backline can move further, then fall back to recover. The exact thing asmo xforms did.

If the xforms not using their ability, they should stand down and give the chance to players who would.
    • In this patch, xforms don’t matter much. U can just burst it down in 5 seconds. I don’t see anything useful in xforming when u can even get feared. Just a waste of kinah atm.

And besides, without “deals” the imbalance in a server already unbalanced by sheer numbers is going to get bigger. Conquering faction gets top rewards for better gear enhancement while losing faction keeps behind by miles gear wise.

It’s fun “slaughtering” people ungeared or less geared. But that won’t make someone progress skill wise. It’s not skill when someone doubles the damage and receives a lot less and wins, contrary to popular beliefs. It’s only the gear carrying. I would rather fight people at my gear level than just crush then cause of gear difference. Just my two cents.
    • A little bit of an "off", but I still didn't completed my yellow PvP gear even though I'm very active, while getting rolled over ultra geared "poor" asmos. I don't think their situation is that bad. Yes, I also saw how quickly an xform can be bursted down, pretty much the same time when 3.9 was live and i was playing. Nothing new.
    • Seishi wrote:

Yes, it does make a difference. The situation was still very tense, and they barely able to make a stand at the guardian general. With ten more xforms, this siege could've been an easy victory.

I joined Lakrum siege late but situation didn't look that challenging for Asmo. Average plate had 140K HP and xforms had 250K. Most players were DPSing guardian ignoring elys behind him. I tried to run into them couple of times and they couldn't burst me fast enough.

Even if your side traded Divine it doesn't matter in the long run as you had ez victories for two weeks.
    • twardy wrote:

Because some of the people in top100 spent years to be there where they are now and you judge them after 1 siege.

Same situation with gear, you are running in campaign/ancient gear and those people who play for years run with ultimate +15.

I don't get your point. Transforms are designed to be a shot caller tool for sieges, not an achievement to sit on. HP system should be reset every 2-3 months, otherwise you get "dead transformers" whom keeping their HP only to show off their e-penis but no actual use for the faction or abusing their position to cater their asmodian friends by not using it.
    • So... You just came back to aion, after quite long break, you keep saying you would be better xform than current ppl and you should get high rank super easy, correct?

In moments where all asmos in siege zone got Xform-like HP even if all elyos would xform it wouldn't make difference. XF is not unkillable tank machine which can stand in first line, help pushing or whatever. Is just ~150k hp player which will get bursted down in few seconds if he move few m too deep into asmo zerg.