Aion 2.7

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gameforge please make Classic server "Aion version 2.7" If you manage to open new servers how hard it would be to open a classic one? I'm sure it would become the most popular server. There are more than enough players who would like to have a fresh start in one of the most successful Patches applied to aion. What do you guys think ? :like:
  • None of these classic servers will happen. Idk why people keep asking for them. They did it in Korea where the population is much larger and people played it for a while and then kinda stopped, which is why when they updated their servers to 6.0 they also updated the classic servers.
  • Tallulah wrote:

You mean the so called master server from NA I guess, well they have never tried it out in EU
    From NA, what? They didn't do that in NA.

They never tried it in EU just like they didn't try in NA or RU etc. Population is not nearly as big as KR for there to be enough ppl playing both servers, simple as that. And even with KR population they discontinued those master servers with 6.0 update so...
  • yes, it certainly was a super fun patch, I would play it casually if the in game economy would't be wiped and placed in shop but I also got like 20 games on my steam wish list, most of them I would uninstall after a day :) and some couple of new mmo's next year but yes, I would play 2.7 casual if it was available
    Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • Tallulah wrote:

yes, it certainly was a super fun patch, I would play it casually if the in game economy would't be wiped and placed in shop but I also got like 20 games on my steam wish list, most of them I would uninstall after a day :) and some couple of new mmo's next year but yes, I would play 2.7 casual if it was available
    Remember the stormwing days? the instance was a masterpiece and the new eternal items were so good. I even loved the stormwing item look, that sexy frost effects rawr !
  • Xappy wrote:

Remember the stormwing days? the instance was a masterpiece and the new eternal items were so good. I even loved the stormwing item look, that sexy frost effects rawr !
    I liked the stormwing souvenir, I think I bought the skins just from broker :D I haven't done the instance much or any pve instance since I can't stand repeatable pve instances, makes me feel kinda like a zombie. But you could always find me in pvp instances or reshanta, inggison, sometimes rifting
  • The thing is such a server would need some tweaks, a "dry" 2.7 (or any nostalgia patch tbh) would not work that well, and that would require some work from both GF and NCS.
    The master server had breakable gear and unlimited enchants, setting it up for being a super p2w server barren of many of the things people enjoyed about older patches.
  • The thing also Aion is an old game with old engine by now, 2.7 or 6.2>6.5 it doesn't matter,still old- nostalgia is a seductive liar
    Several games got classic stuff revivals, ...and that is okay for a small fan base to hop in now and then, more the idea of a private server as long it is not made pay to win
    breakable gear,unlimited enchants lol, aint nobody got time for that
    new patches have no purpose ...except $$, better classic for the people who cares
  • Xappy wrote:

Just for example look at World of warcraft classic server, it's a masterpiece and a huge success. Then again I'm just a fan that feels this way, what do i know right ?
    I have no doubt that a good classic/nostalgia/whatchamacallit server would be a huge success, the thing is that GF's track record is not exactly marvelous. I would type up a suggestion for tweaks and monetisation model(s), but I've got my hands full with work and exams (and trying to keep my head above water in the current kinah crisis lol). Perhaps in december.
  • Xappy wrote:

Just for example look at World of warcraft classic server, it's a masterpiece and a huge success. Then again I'm just a fan that feels this way, what do i know right ?

Hakurin wrote:

I have no doubt that a good classic/nostalgia/whatchamacallit server would be a huge success,
    I never go in discussion with fans, they see what they want to see, lol

I like how you guys say: HUGE :atongue:

" the eyes are useless when the mind is blind."

p.s. only old fans of wow are interested in classic wow, I think wow is a generic boring game with old graphics, boring combat but ok still better graphics than Aion I guess.."
    I've watch a couple of classic wow streams from different streamers, only old fans watching with gazing eyes *_* and some curious people like me passing by for a while :)

Aion is also a generic korean game,even asians nowadays are bored out of their own generic grindy mmo's. lol and rather play trendy games like for example fortnite, horror videogames whatever shooter, I have watch several popular Japanese streamers playing videogames for example Visage single player horror game which has overwhelming positive reviews, no wonder it is creepy like hell.

New report says South Korean MMORPG companies are ‘facing a crisis’
    The Financial Times blog has a doom-and-gloom report out this week on the gaming market of South Korea, specifically the MMO genre.

“The country’s online game makers have long dominated the global market for massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) but have lost their edge as gamers have increasingly embraced playing on their smartphones,” writes author Song Jung-a in a piece suggesting online games studios in the region are “facing a crisis” in part because giants like NCsoft and Nexon shifted attention to mobile — unsuccessfully.
    A lack of mobile isn’t the only problem, either; it’s also the focus hardcore MMORPGs Korea is known for. “Analysts say South Korean companies have focused too much on graphics-heavy role-playing online battle games that are now losing their appeal among gamers, overshadowed by simpler, more speedily paced offerings,” Song writes, contrasting the success of U.S.-born Overwatch and League of Legends with NCsoft’s last “big new online title”Blade & Soul in 2012 and Nexon’s MapleStory 2.

“The heyday of South Korean games exports due to development and monetisation expertise is now over,” an IHS Markit researcher is quoted as saying. “China has a mature domestic industry and western games companies now produce very popular freemium PC games.”
    SOURCE: FINANCIAL TIMES