Constantly crashing during siege, despite running on the lowest possible settings on a mid end pc.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Constantly crashing during siege, despite running on the lowest possible settings on a mid end pc.

So ever since I came back to aion after the relaunch, i've only had one successful siege where I didn't completely crash/freeze, and that was the very first siege of the patch, so I assume it was the biggest one.
      Ever since then I've frozen completely everytime the zergs get close, as in, completely freezing , windows loading icon appearing , and if i try to do anything it turns white as windows prompt me with "shut down process/wait"
      I know aion is old af, i know its unoptimized, but it seems like i'm the only one experiencing this among my friends, and I'm running out of ideas.

Of course i'm disabling characters with shift+f12 during siege, and it doesn't matter how many times i try to restart the game in the middle of siege, I just hard-freeze.
      I've also tired both 32 bit and 64 bit client.

My speccs are as following:
      Gtx 1060 6gb
      I7440k @ 4,3
      16 gb ram
    • Some advices:

1) remove all minion/pets. Options > Game options > Minion pet > hide other players minion pets, do not use minion pet camera, turn off enemy warning function
      2) remove everyone's effects. Options > Graphic options > Various settings > Display effects for Self
      3) always keep shadows to very low settings as they increase the Cpu load too much
      4) repair your aion client in the aion launcher and make sure to run the latest patch version
      5) lastly, make sure your drivers are up to date and a stable version is in use

extra, could cause instability:

Navigate to your aion folder, usually \GameforgeLive\Games\GBR_eng\AION\Download
      In that folder you could find the files "Log" and "Chat". Those files are usually modified by dps meters so that they will write a lot of information and text on them, to the point it could reach several MBs. This can make you crash during the siege.
      Open the files, delete the content (or save it, if you need to keep the logs for some reason), close the files and make them "Read only".

This could solve nothing or fix your client. Good luck!
    • the last bit what @Nuke wrote about the chat.log is probably the main reason for low fps issues during siege and high player crowded areas people experience. This is caused by AionRainMeter and its cheap way to read data from the game, giving players issues ever since katalam sieges.
      Not only activating chat log through rain meter is a client modification itself, it creates GB sized log files and on newer PC with SSD it shortens the life of said drives by a lot, expect ur SSD to die within 1-2 years of excessive data writing and reading while playing aion. I’d use some better coded dps meter than ARM.
    • Click wrote:

the last bit what @Nuke wrote about the chat.log is probably the main reason for low fps issues during siege and high player crowded areas people experience. This is caused by AionRainMeter and its cheap way to read data from the game, giving players issues ever since katalam sieges.
      Not only activating chat log through rain meter is a client modification itself, it creates GB sized log files and on newer PC with SSD it shortens the life of said drives by a lot, expect ur SSD to die within 1-2 years of excessive data writing and reading while playing aion. I’d use some better coded dps meter than ARM.
      exactly my point, however it's not always the root of the problem as not all players use Dps meters. I personally just stopped using any of them.
    • Nuke wrote:

Click wrote:

the last bit what @Nuke wrote about the chat.log is probably the main reason for low fps issues during siege and high player crowded areas people experience. This is caused by AionRainMeter and its cheap way to read data from the game, giving players issues ever since katalam sieges.
      exactly my point, however it's not always the root of the problem as not all players use Dps meters. I personally just stopped using any of them.
      Looks like the dps meter was the culprit, after disabling the log the siege went on as per usual. Thanks a lot for the tip!