Additional Bard changes - 6.2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Additional Bard changes - 6.2

Bard stealth changes, changes that have not been documented or that have been overlooked include:

- Soul Harmony reduces your target's MP by 2250 (effect hidden in the EU localisation).

- All damage done in PvP greatly reduced.

- All PvP defenses greatly reduced.

- Healing Capacity greatly reduced outside of full ultimate gear in healing boost rerolled stats.

- PvE damage is low compared to most other classes when equal gear and skill capacity of the player is present.

- Shield Melody increases Additional PvP Defense by 500, down from 40% (massive nerf). This effect stacks.

- Melody of Appreciation increases your PvP Defense by 1500-1550. This effect stacks.

- Ironclad Tank Melody increases your PvP Defense by 1000. This effect stacks.

- Protective Snowflower Melody increases the PvP Defense of all group members by 300. This effect overwrites Shield Melody. The PvP Defense effect stacks.

- Illusion Dance removes by force most un-removable movement impairing effects that can not be dispelled or removed.

- Soft Echo restores around 1000 MP (hidden effect).

- Squall Variation's Aether's Hold effect penetrates protection barriers including Bodyguard and similar effects which would otherwise prevent the effect from taking place. This skill can be used on dead players and NPCs. Has a medium to high probability of failing against mobs. This effect is physical in nature. Has a low probability of failing on players. The probability of failure is fixed and can not be improved, alleviated or removed.

- Cheery Melody increases Additional PvE Damage by 520.

- March of the Jester has a high probability to fail when cast on mobs, and a low probability to fail when cast on players. This effect can not be countered with magical accuracy and the value is fixed.

- Dance of the Jester has a low probability to fail when cast on mobs and players. This effect can not be countered with magical accuracy and the value is fixed. The cast time of this skill can be improved up to the cast speed cap of 80%.

Additional indirect changes / nerfs:

Bards are among the classes that suffer the most from transformation effect issues and require a hybrid transformation to be competitive. The only competitive transformation that exists for Bards is Kaisinel, followed by Sita. Using an attack speed transformation will make your cast speed and charged skills charge too slow, using a cast speed transformation will make your attacks and heals to become too slow.
    • I would be curious from where you get this information?

From the top of my head, Cheery melody has always given additional pve attack even in 5.x and also aoe sleep was always low chance on some mobs, for example even in Holy tower in 5.8 had issues cc-ing the mobs in attempt to help the cleric a bit. Other things you mention I can't verify it right now,

My opinion: Right now, I'm ok with bard changes I do not feel weaker or stronger compared to 5.x. If you are talking about nerf, check changes for 6.5, they will reduce most of the healing effects by 30%. Even right now healing myself or others feels like a chore, sometimes ...
    • Well most of the listed things arent new. Some are true, that the tooltip ingame doesnt show all the effects of the skills.

Rym wrote:

Bards are among the classes that suffer the most from transformation effect issues and require a hybrid transformation to be competitive. The only competitive transformation that exists for Bards is Kaisinel, followed by Sita. Using an attack speed transformation will make your cast speed and charged skills charge too slow, using a cast speed transformation will make your attacks and heals to become too slow.
      I dont think so, i think that it is rather a better change for Bards. Old Bards used 9% Cast Speed + 9% Atk Speed Fuse + 8% Atk Speed Gloves >> Mostly Atk Speed dependant. I dont know the actual PVP playstyle of Bards (but overall it should be the same for atk/cast speed needed), but in PvE you dont rly need the Charge Skills except for 2 ( + 1 Chargeskill was remove), you profit more from Atk Speed. So an Atk Speed Transformation + 9% Cast from the Weapon is more than enough (of course you will lose some Bonusstats) to be competitive. Sita is just a nice to have. Additionaly, you have the new Deavanion Skill, which give you temporary atk/cast speed and is an instant skill, combine it wisely with your chargeskills and you are good to go.

The healnerf indeed will impact a lot in PVP. And if you are going for the Healing Mode you will lose mAcc, since it doesnt give the same mAcc like it did, when you use Magic Boost Mode back then. But you all wanted a Bard-nerf so there you go :P
    • Sorayami wrote:

Well most of the listed things arent new. Some are true, that the tooltip ingame doesnt show all the effects of the skills.

Rym wrote:

I dont think so, i think that it is rather a better change for Bards. Old Bards used 9% Cast Speed + 9% Atk Speed Fuse + 8% Atk Speed Gloves >> Mostly Atk Speed dependant. I dont know the actual PVP playstyle of Bards (but overall it should be the same for atk/cast speed needed), but in PvE you dont rly need the Charge Skills except for 2 ( + 1 Chargeskill was remove), you profit more from Atk Speed. So an Atk Speed Transformation + 9% Cast from the Weapon is more than enough (of course you will lose some Bonusstats) to be competitive. Sita is just a nice to have. Additionaly, you have the new Deavanion Skill, which give you temporary atk/cast speed and is an instant skill, combine it wisely with your chargeskills and you are good to go.
      The healnerf indeed will impact a lot in PVP. And if you are going for the Healing Mode you will lose mAcc, since it doesnt give the same mAcc like it did, when you use Magic Boost Mode back then. But you all wanted a Bard-nerf so there you go :P
      Within the legendary transformations there is no pure atk speed/magic stats (that is an issue for gunner and ATs aswell) so we are stuck with Sita for legendaries.

For the charging skills I rather use them more in PVE. When it comes to PVP is more situaltional if you are able to stop for charging skills or not.
    • Enaris wrote:

Within the legendary transformations there is no pure atk speed/magic stats (that is an issue for gunner and ATs aswell) so we are stuck with Sita for legendaries.
      The only lost here are the bonus Stats like i wrote before. Drakan is prolly enough as Hybrid one, Sita is nice to have. You have to decide between Atkspeed Gain and Stats Gain.

Enaris wrote:

For the charging skills I rather use them more in PVE. When it comes to PVP is more situaltional if you are able to stop for charging skills or not.
      Try to get the instant heal Deavanion Skill, it gives you additional atk / cast speed, you can combine it with chargeskills.
    • Sorayami wrote:

The only lost here are the bonus Stats like i wrote before. Drakan is prolly enough as Hybrid one, Sita is nice to have. You have to decide between Atkspeed Gain and Stats Gain.
      For ancient yes, Drakan is good, Sita is legendary.

Sorayami wrote:

Try to get the instant heal Deavanion Skill, it gives you additional atk / cast speed, you can combine it with chargeskills.
      I have it and use it too as often as I can., it is an awesome skill. Only charging skill I actually consider stoping for in pvp is mostly Sea variation.