Contract shop is ridicolous

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Skaar wrote:

WTF do you expect? You want them to give free legendary transformation contracts of each type (attackspeed, castspeed and the combo one) to everyone? LOLOh no wait...you wouldn't like that, because those aren't the best ones available either... LOL

Giving one ancient contract of our choosing to everyone would go a VERY long way to make this game enjoyable again for EVERYONE. Not just people who lucked out on bought contracts.
      If you wanna re-roll mains after such a present, then that'd be your problem tbh...no one else's...

And yes, there are in-game means to acquire legendary and ultimate transformations...fusing contracts you have multiple of.
      It's as RNG-laden as everything else in AION, but the means to acquire them is actually there... Do I like it? Nope. But it's there.
      The boxes drop from all 4 group instances... They are rare - which is why I said, that they should drop for the whole party and not just 1 member -, but they do drop.
      Then there's the weekly kinah shop contract, that - when GF pulls their sh*t together and fixes the damn kinah apocalypse - could be farmed for on every character again.
      Acquiring legendary / ultimate transform contracts is a marathon, but hey...you said you have no problem working for something in game.

Lastly...GF didn't come up with the idea of contracts. That was NCSoft. It was also NCSoft who made then cash-shop-items.
      The thing you can actually blame GF for is: making them cost about double the price in comparison the Korea. Otherwise - regarding contracts - everything else that you said is on NCSoft actually...
      I don't know if you are trolling or not , but i will take the chance that you don't troll.

To make that clear from the start , im not a gameforge employee nor an NCsoft one. I don't know what their contracts between publisher and developers are but from my point of view , the way i see things , the cash shop is something that is being managed by gameforge. Why i say that ? Before 6.0 , KR servers were with subscription and our were "Free-to-play" , as far as i know because i have played every exists relevant mmorpg that exists, that shops between these 2 models are way different. Sub's ones are cosmotics / services or even convienient and f2p are more p2w. I highly doubt that they even concern themselfs about whats going on NA and EU shops , thats why NA was way more p2w all these years and their server was as dead as it can get.I believe that they could avoid putting these scrolls on item shop but why would they miss a chance for that huge milking?

To the main topic now , if you are a player who is depositing tons of money in Aion coins , why are u even here support this ? Go ingame and enjoy ur awesome stats that you paid for , dont come into our complain posts .
      If you are not a player who is depositing money and are actually someone who tries to manage "the free to play way" , How are u even close to okay in this? Have u even played this patch ? Have u even played Aion before ?

Incase you are wondering why im asking this , in all previous patches , best STATS , from armors etc. , were coming from either farming end game dungeons (pve) or farming medals ( pvp) . These were the top tier stats , end of story. There were some p2w methods to get them easily , like the re-identification scrolls back in 4.X patch but even if u didnt have that 50 extra HP , it didnt matter. You had the best gear and best stats at some point without having to spend any money in item shop other than buying gold pack.
      Nowadays that doesnt exist. Because they messed up with major stats , not resistances or blocks or w/e . IT IS ATTACK SPEED / MOVEMENT SPEED / CASTING SPEED. Do you realise what im talking about? Do you realise what difference there is between each tier of transformation ? Do u realise that the best ancient one has 25% AS and ultimate has 60% , freaking 60% ???

All of these are locked behind a paywall.Why im saying that u will wonder ? I quited the game after farming and opening around 10 scrolls with my main and some alts and i got all whites , i never received the 2 free ones that i was promised and now im full with transformations about 30% movement speed , 0 attack speed 0 casting. (There is a difference between working , which will end up having results and slavery which is what it is now ,farmign with 11 characters , for a chance to get a green one and for a chance to get a double one or w/e jesus...)
      But lets say that im gonna farm with all my alts . Do you realize that u can get 11 max per week and some 1-2 extra from dungeons if u are lucky? There are 18 white ones that u need 6 DOUBLES , not just white , u need to have it already to combine them for a chance to get a green one . After that u gotta do that again and again and again until u get all greens then double them to get some ancient IF you get one , if u dont u gotta do that all again from the beginning.
      Without any events , anything at all ,with the current state , for someone who is not so lucky , it might even take years to be able to get a decent one to fight people with purple or ultimate xforms. All this time he will have to get freaking stomped by those people. All this time he will have to get punished not because he is bad at his class ,not because he has bad internet, not because he has bad pc , because he didnt played that roulette on aion shop.

"Acquiring legendary / ultimate transform contracts is a marathon, but hey...you said you have no problem working for something in game."
      About that , you are definitely trolling mate . 2 weeks into this and ppl were around with this

hehexd of a marathon.

To sum it up. Ingame means of acquiring scrolls are a joke , making kinah is a joke , current patch is a joke , gameforge stance is also a joke. There is simple no motivation in even farming for armor / weapons . Why should i get the best armor / weapon if i dont have the NORMAL / USUAL attack speed / casting speed to support it just like i had in 1.5-5.8 ? And even if i have it , why is it okay for someone on the equal gear level as me to have gamebreaking speeds which are similar to no-animation hacks while im on the normal ones just because he decided to go all-out on item shop?

Jesus, i know that some people enjoy this game but god , most people think about themselfs like yeah im okay depositing 500 euros in cash shop , do u honestly feel proud winning against someone who cant or doesnt want to deposit but he is clearly a better/more experienced player than you which in other circumstances would have won ? Next level of wallet warriors.I have been here since day 1 of free to play , i have seen sh*t going on , i have complain about other things aswell that were happening in the past . But the thing that is going on for a month now is disgusting . And what triggers me the most is that there are even people supporting it .
    • Hizamaruu wrote:

I don't know if you are trolling or not , but i will take the chance that you don't troll.
      To make that clear from the start , im not a gameforge employee nor an NCsoft one. I don't know what their contracts between publisher and developers are but from my point of view , the way i see things , the cash shop is something that is being managed by gameforge. Why i say that ? Before 6.0 , KR servers were with subscription and our were "Free-to-play" , as far as i know because i have played every exists relevant mmorpg that exists, that shops between these 2 models are way different. Sub's ones are cosmotics / services or even convienient and f2p are more p2w. I highly doubt that they even concern themselfs about whats going on NA and EU shops , thats why NA was way more p2w all these years and their server was as dead as it can get.I believe that they could avoid putting these scrolls on item shop but why would they miss a chance for that huge milking?

To the main topic now , if you are a player who is depositing tons of money in Aion coins , why are u even here support this ? Go ingame and enjoy ur awesome stats that you paid for , dont come into our complain posts .
      If you are not a player who is depositing money and are actually someone who tries to manage "the free to play way" , How are u even close to okay in this? Have u even played this patch ? Have u even played Aion before ?

Incase you are wondering why im asking this , in all previous patches , best STATS , from armors etc. , were coming from either farming end game dungeons (pve) or farming medals ( pvp) . These were the top tier stats , end of story. There were some p2w methods to get them easily , like the re-identification scrolls back in 4.X patch but even if u didnt have that 50 extra HP , it didnt matter. You had the best gear and best stats at some point without having to spend any money in item shop other than buying gold pack.
      Nowadays that doesnt exist. Because they messed up with major stats , not resistances or blocks or w/e . IT IS ATTACK SPEED / MOVEMENT SPEED / CASTING SPEED. Do you realise what im talking about? Do you realise what difference there is between each tier of transformation ? Do u realise that the best ancient one has 25% AS and ultimate has 60% , freaking 60% ???

All of these are locked behind a paywall.Why im saying that u will wonder ? I quited the game after farming and opening around 10 scrolls with my main and some alts and i got all whites , i never received the 2 free ones that i was promised and now im full with transformations about 30% movement speed , 0 attack speed 0 casting. (There is a difference between working , which will end up having results and slavery which is what it is now ,farmign with 11 characters , for a chance to get a green one and for a chance to get a double one or w/e jesus...)
      But lets say that im gonna farm with all my alts . Do you realize that u can get 11 max per week and some 1-2 extra from dungeons if u are lucky? There are 18 white ones that u need 6 DOUBLES , not just white , u need to have it already to combine them for a chance to get a green one . After that u gotta do that again and again and again until u get all greens then double them to get some ancient IF you get one , if u dont u gotta do that all again from the beginning.
      Without any events , anything at all ,with the current state , for someone who is not so lucky , it might even take years to be able to get a decent one to fight people with purple or ultimate xforms. All this time he will have to get freaking stomped by those people. All this time he will have to get punished not because he is bad at his class ,not because he has bad internet, not because he has bad pc , because he didnt played that roulette on aion shop.

"Acquiring legendary / ultimate transform contracts is a marathon, but hey...you said you have no problem working for something in game."
      About that , you are definitely trolling mate . 2 weeks into this and ppl were around with this

hehexd of a marathon.

To sum it up. Ingame means of acquiring scrolls are a joke , making kinah is a joke , current patch is a joke , gameforge stance is also a joke. There is simple no motivation in even farming for armor / weapons . Why should i get the best armor / weapon if i dont have the NORMAL / USUAL attack speed / casting speed to support it just like i had in 1.5-5.8 ? And even if i have it , why is it okay for someone on the equal gear level as me to have gamebreaking speeds which are similar to no-animation hacks while im on the normal ones just because he decided to go all-out on item shop?

Jesus, i know that some people enjoy this game but god , most people think about themselfs like yeah im okay depositing 500 euros in cash shop , do u honestly feel proud winning against someone who cant or doesnt want to deposit but he is clearly a better/more experienced player than you which in other circumstances would have won ? Next level of wallet warriors.I have been here since day 1 of free to play , i have seen sh*t going on , i have complain about other things aswell that were happening in the past . But the thing that is going on for a month now is disgusting . And what triggers me the most is that there are even people supporting it .
      Oh dear...where to start...

First off, I play Aion since beta and the only thing I buy from the shop is my goldpack...

Aion KR was a sub-based game in Korea until 6.0, yes. That's when they revampred the game and introduced...you guessed it....CONTRACTS as one of their income ways.
      This is not something GF can just leave out of the EU version, you know... It's literally how NCSoft developed this patch.
      While you are right that the publishers usually have autonomy over their cash-shops (though that depends on their contracts), in the case of Aion 6.0 GF had to implement certain things into their cash shop (you guessed it: CONTRACTS) and also introduce the kinah / goldbar shop in game. That's not something that they could have changed. The only thing that they can chance about that is how the items (ex.: contracts) are priced here. They are about 50% less expensive in Korea, then they are here.
      Do I like that NCSoft took away scrolls to cripple out attack-/cast-/runspeed? Nope. But that's the way it was designed in Korea and GF can't do anything about that.

Regarding getting good contracts in-game: That's why I said: Acquiring those contracts in game is a MARATHON...
      You said that there are no in-game means at all. I said otherwise. Never did I say that I like the way it's implemented...
      Also...what you put in your reply is just a pot. They'll eventually be gone. Even the people who have 200 of them will eventually run out.
      I'd rather have a decent ancient contract fitting my class, to put me back to where I was. And if GF were to gift me one of my choice I'd be happy about it...
      Personally I think GF has to roll their sleeves up and provide us with good events that enable us to get at least some decent ancient contracts. Otherwise people will eventually quit.

One a side note, your numbers for the ancient contracts are wrong...they give up to 35%. Lowest is 30%, if I'm not mistaken.

BTW: you can still get the best gear through just playing. Both PVP and PVE gear. That hasn't changed.
      Yes, enchantment rates SUCK, but that's a completely different story.

I don't like the current situation either, but I try to find ideas to make it better. Like that X-Mas gift for every account...nothing else...
    • Colombiana wrote:

Lets be honest if they give us ancient transformation there will left small amount people to milk... That is not way how they doing trust me...
      Don't think so actually, as I ultimately need one of each kind of transformation for all my alts anyways.
      And I guess I'm not the only one in that position and that most of the old players by now have multiple toons they hop between every now and then.