aidpsmeter issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• aidpsmeter issue

Hey guys,
    so I tried to install the dps meter from aidpsmeter.com but when attempting the installation my antivirus blocked it with this message:
    "Item was deleted. Threat name: Gen: Variant.Graftor.526934 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\aiDPSMeter\is-26NSI.tmp."
    Anyone else experiencing it?
    Dunno if I should treat it as a false positive and go ahead with the installation anyway or give up on the dps meter.
  • AiDPSMeter is using illegal methods (not allowed by the Terms of Service and Terms of Use) of AION Free-To-Play by sniffing the packets you send to the server, in doing so it is showing the DPS meter.

The packets you are sending to the server contain the full totality of your existence within the game from the moment you send the login request, until you logout.

If you wish for a safer method, that although still breaks the ToS but not in a severe way, you can try Aion RainMeter. By this method however you may experience PC slowdowns during sieges.
  • Been using aiDPSmeter since forever never had any issue with it (only thing not working for me is the updater, I need to always manually download the newer versions), and it's light compared to RainMeter which slow down my game too much but this depends for each person. Which antivirus do you have ? I guess that files is a temporary one for the installation and it got blocked for some reason.
  • Rym wrote:

AiDPSMeter is using illegal methods (not allowed by the Terms of Service and Terms of Use) of AION Free-To-Play by sniffing the packets you send to the server, in doing so it is showing the DPS meter.
    Could you quote Standard Terms and Conditions of Use with your statement since looks like you have no idea what you are talking about
    More information are provided on page: aioninfo.com/legal.html

Rym wrote:

If you wish for a safer method, that although still breaks the ToS but not in a severe way, you can try Aion RainMeter. By this method however you may experience PC slowdowns during sieges.
    Exactly, Aion RainMeter uses illegal method by modification of the client software to enable chat log
    Any modification of the client software are prohibited

However, all DPS Meters are tolerated: AION Free-To-Play – Additional Game Rules
  • Doombolt wrote:

Hey guys,
    so I tried to install the dps meter from aidpsmeter.com but when attempting the installation my antivirus blocked it with this message:
    "Item was deleted. Threat name: Gen: Variant.Graftor.526934 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\aiDPSMeter\is-26NSI.tmp."
    Anyone else experiencing it?
    Dunno if I should treat it as a false positive and go ahead with the installation anyway or give up on the dps meter.
    Sometimes antivirus detects false positives. Could you specify your antivirus?
  • Meh, I don't like the way aidps handles its sniffing.
    I wish someone could take a look at the code and see exactly what the program does.
    I'm using bitdefender, which rarely detects false positives.
  • As you have not seen, because ignorance is a bliss:

The use of AIDPSMeter includes it's capacity of data mining and capture of information in connection with the online game AION Free-To-Play with the purpose of displaying the DPS of the players which surround the player utilizing this third party software.

Also, as you have so easily ignored yet another fact:

The link which you have provided, which also does not work because you wrote your bs so fast you didn't even bother to check it, does NOT mention the use of aiDPSMeter is ok, it mentions the use of DPS Meters which were available at the time of the topic's creation, which was Aion RainMeter.

More so, nowhere in the additional game rules does it state that the rules hereby set in the forums take precedence or are specifically put to take precedence over the Terms and Conditions.

Because AiDPSMeter was breeching the Terms and Conditions it was also permanently banned from being used as a support feature when reporting players; adding it to the fact it, at one point in time, WAS providing false positives with bard skills.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rym ().

• Rym wrote:

As you have not seen, because ignorance is a bliss:

The use of AIDPSMeter includes it's capacity of data mining and capture of information in connection with the online game AION Free-To-Play with the purpose of displaying the DPS of the players which surround the player utilizing this third party software.
    As I said you have no idea what you are talking about. Neither aiDPSMeter nor its use includes any illegal actions. Install alone aiDPSMeter on clean windows system to make sure.
    Most likely you are referring to some library like winpcap, npcap or something else.

As conclusion, your sentence

Rym wrote:

AiDPSMeter is using illegal methods (not allowed by the Terms of Service and Terms of Use) of AION Free-To-Play by sniffing the packets you send to the server
    is nonsense based on ignorance of the basic principles of software.
  • In my experience dps meters cause more harm than good. Arm makes you lag like hell during sieges as it enables chat.log to be constantly written, aidps would always be recognized as a suspicious software and in the rare occasions I got it working it would get glitched very quickly.
    I don't think there's a great need for those meters anymore, if not for ego boost... I mean, you know when you are not critting or getting dodges, or if you have crap gear.
  • I feel inclined to agree with Nuke here.
    Plus, I don't really like to have sniffing software installed on my pc, since I don't know exactly what it is that he's sniffing... and I don't take it on faith that its only purpose is to display the dps in aion.
    Thank you all for your replies!
  • no matter what others say, aiondpsmeter is condoned by the aion team. they know how it's working. they also encouraged using it a couple of years back when it was displaying cheaters. its method of obtaining info is basically right from inside the game, so it's somewhat illegal, yet is harmless the way it is used. but you know what, raindmeter is also doing it illegal and it is also condoned.

yet rainmeter is slow and constantly read and writes on your disk because of the chat log use. not healthy for your disk and doesn't capture the correct damage for sm.

if you installed directly from the website and not through some "friend" or fb or whatever, go ahead and add it as false positive.

if you know how pcap works then you shouldn't worry about sniffing something else.
  • Ignorance is bliss, but this is arrogance when you deny the tos you are greeted with when logging into the game.

aidps was permanently banned and all evidences revoked because it was breaking the tos.

You don't get banned simply because they don't bother to check whether you use it or not, as in doing so you do it by your own responsibility and shall not be assisted if anything happens due to using it.
  • Rym wrote:

Ignorance is bliss, but this is arrogance when you deny the tos you are greeted with when logging into the game.

aidps was permanently banned and all evidences revoked because it was breaking the tos.

You don't get banned simply because they don't bother to check whether you use it or not, as in doing so you do it by your own responsibility and shall not be assisted if anything happens due to using it.
    how comes the websites that are digging through aion files for info are not banned on this forum?
    how comes aion rainmeter, which is of lower quality and poorly developed software, isn't breaking the tos? you have to decrypt one game file, make a change, encrypt it back. reaking the encryptionand modifying is also breaking the tos.

in the case of aion rainmeter it's easier for them to check if the file belonging to the game has been altered. in the case of aidps there is no way to check that right now. that is the purpose of a sniffer. even if they put gameguard back they can't see that. to prove the point even further you can have aion on one pc and aidps on another pc which can be a gateway/bridge to the internet. no matter how much you scan the first pc with aion you can't find anything. rainmeter can't even work like that.