Put ranking points penalty for people leaving 1v1 arenas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Put ranking points penalty for people leaving 1v1 arenas

I'm getting tired of getting empty arenas all the time because people leave, they dont wanna fight opponents they're not 100% confident of beating.
      This is litteraly killing the whole point of having a ranking because 80% (if not more) of the people in top 30 are just there because they left against every opponent that would be dangerous for them. Otherwise they wouldn't even be in top 50.
      I suggest putting a 10 point penalty for leaving arenas, no matter the ranking of the opponent.

Second option: Remove every arena entry reset scroll, and change the ranking system for it to work like coop, you gain a predefinite amount of points when you win, no matter if there's an opponent or who that opponent is, 10 entries for everyone each week, no way to get more.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aura ().

• i think yes something like that should be added BUT only if they change the system of who gets the rewards. imo it should be as it was in tower of challenge - the top X of their class get reward X, not a ranking for ALL the classes (you can still have that to decide who gets to fight who) because balance in this 6.2 version is not at it's best when it comes to 1v1 (ofc 1v1 was never fully balanced, but it definitly has been better than it is now).

so @Galeas if you are thinking about a change like this & want to improve the 1v1 arena content, then the reward system should be changed + you should lose the points when you dont ENTER the arena (but queued up) and not when you enter and then leave, because otherwise people could just not enter etc and the problem would just be moved somewhere else.
      right now ye it's definitly not a display of skill but rather just who plays the right class and "games" the system of taking the right fights better XD ofc that also takes some time and dedication but not the kind you d want to have in a 1v1 ranking.

there will always be issues when it comes to gear, who has more time & scrolls, so i guess removing all the scrolls might also be an okay idea, but i think the most important part would be comparing it on a class basis then people would also not mind too much to take losing fights since they know most likely every other member of their class will lose that matchup aswell if they dont massivly outgear the opponent (glad vs cleric is one of those very one sided matchups )
    • Alibi wrote:

Just curious but do you have compensation gear?
      I think I can say me and Arkalya having ultimate crafted gear/ upgraded abyss gear(legendary and ultimate) the compensation gear is pretty outdated. My point is we worked for our gear a lot xD but thats not the topic here.

1v1 arena right now is just a joke, and funny to see you @Akyraan commenting here, when it comes to arena you are leaving everytime , not only me. However I do leave also when it comes to PVE relic fights, because I dont enjoy and I can do it . Im not punished for it so this should be changed, so the ranking would be accurate and people would get rewards who deserves not those who has more scrolls and friends to feed them with points :)

Anyway, no offense, but this 1v1 arena system should be re-worked, or just copy the current coop ranking and dont put scrolls.
    • Some time ago I had no choice to leave versus a full geared cleric with legendary transfomation, because I got entry in an arena which started instantly. Just because someone left some seconds before it started, thats stupid. Im on your side, the system should be reworked and the class balance should be conidered aswell.
      Sorry for my english =(
    • Inorey wrote:

Alibi wrote:

I think I can say me and Arkalya having ultimate crafted gear/ upgraded abyss gear(legendary and ultimate) the compensation gear is pretty outdated. My point is we worked for our gear a lot xD but thats not the topic here.
      1v1 arena right now is just a joke, and funny to see you @Akyraan commenting here, when it comes to arena you are leaving everytime , not only me. However I do leave also when it comes to PVE relic fights, because I dont enjoy and I can do it . Im not punished for it so this should be changed, so the ranking would be accurate and people would get rewards who deserves not those who has more scrolls and friends to feed them with points :)

Anyway, no offense, but this 1v1 arena system should be re-worked, or just copy the current coop ranking and dont put scrolls.

well ye, not gonna fight a full geared cleric who can coverblind any time my only skill that would let me kill such a cleric comes up + be perma attackspeed-slowed XD literally 0 reason to fight that matchup as a glad in this version of 6.2, should be more fun when blue berserk stronger.
      and ye also not gonna fight chanters when they have their two low cd 2.xk base dmg skills. Doesnt mean i would not enjoy a change in the system tho that leads to more fights & fairer compensation for the players. but until then i ll game the system and try to get max rewards like everyone else does.
    • Akyraan wrote:

Inorey wrote:

Alibi wrote:

I think I can say me and Arkalya having ultimate crafted gear/ upgraded abyss gear(legendary and ultimate) the compensation gear is pretty outdated. My point is we worked for our gear a lot xD but thats not the topic here.1v1 arena right now is just a joke, and funny to see you @Akyraan commenting here, when it comes to arena you are leaving everytime , not only me. However I do leave also when it comes to PVE relic fights, because I dont enjoy and I can do it . Im not punished for it so this should be changed, so the ranking would be accurate and people would get rewards who deserves not those who has more scrolls and friends to feed them with points :)

well ye, not gonna fight a full geared cleric who can coverblind any time my only skill that would let me kill such a cleric comes up + be perma attackspeed-slowed XD literally 0 reason to fight that matchup as a glad in this version of 6.2, should be more fun when blue berserk stronger.
      and ye also not gonna fight chanters when they have their two low cd 2.xk base dmg skills. Doesnt mean i would not enjoy a change in the system tho that leads to more fights & fairer compensation for the players. but until then i ll game the system and try to get max rewards like everyone else does.
      U should try to fight Parry lel

Despite the fact that the pvp is lesser rng dependant than during the 5.x patch with all the +20 gear passives and GS, they still managed to make it even more unbalanced & trash. That's actually a big challenge do make it worse and worse, in a way this is impressive.
    • Inorey wrote:

Alibi wrote:

The question was actually @ the OP. Unless Arkalya is the OP? I don't know lol.

Anyways, just because you and another maybe 10% of the entire population leveled your craft and got procs, doesn't mean others did. In this patch the gear difference is ridiculous. I know leaving on people is crappy, that's why i don't even do arenas, i don't wanna get frustrated for doing 0 dmg and being melted in 3 hits and end up leaving on someone.

Considering the gear difference in the patch, the system shouldn't punish you for leaving, it just shouldn't punish people who had people leave on them.
    • Gear or not gear, but example if reset scroll wouldnt exsist in this arenas , then someone who being a dangerous opponent you leave him/her , he gets 0 u dont lose 0. How this suppose to be fair? I mean how a strong player can rank up on this ranking if everyone leaves. Fine dont punish the leavers, but then give points to those who stays in, coz they went there to win and they get 0 out of their fault.
    • Aura wrote:

Low geared people are not meant to compete for the top ranks anyway, so why would it be a problem if low geared people can't leave anymore?
      By that same logic, low geared people are not meant to be matched with top geared people anyway.
      Sorry but not everyone wants to sit through the frustration of having absolutely no chance.

Inorey wrote:

Gear or not gear, but example if reset scroll wouldnt exsist in this arenas , then someone who being a dangerous opponent you leave him/her , he gets 0 u dont lose 0. How this suppose to be fair? I mean how a strong player can rank up on this ranking if everyone leaves. Fine dont punish the leavers, but then give points to those who stays in, coz they went there to win and they get 0 out of their fault.
      That's literally what i said :P

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alibi ().

• Alibi wrote:

Aura wrote:

Low geared people are not meant to compete for the top ranks anyway, so why would it be a problem if low geared people can't leave anymore?
      By that same logic, low geared people are not meant to be matched with top geared people anyway.Sorry but not everyone wants to sit through the frustration of having absolutely no chance.
      And they wouldnt, because they would not be able to abuse the system to be in high ranks anymore so they would meet very few geared ppl.
    • Up, this is getting ridiculous, i dont even get a single fight out of 50 arenas, either noone enters or people drop out.
      Something needs to be done about this broken system ASAP @Galeas
      Giving ultimate stones to abusers who wouldn't be in top 30 if the ranking would work like a normal ranking system in any game is NOT ok.
      NCSoft knows how to make a proper ranking system since they did it for blade and soul for exemple. Gameforge should request changes to be made asap.
    • Aura wrote:

Up, this is getting ridiculous, i dont even get a single fight out of 50 arenas, either noone enters or people drop out.
      Something needs to be done about this broken system ASAP @Galeas
      Giving ultimate stones to abusers who wouldn't be in top 30 if the ranking would work like a normal ranking system in any game is NOT ok.
      NCSoft knows how to make a proper ranking system since they did it for blade and soul for exemple. Gameforge should request changes to be made asap.
      only diference is on blade&soul arenas are actualy about skill and arenas are clean whith no mobs or RNG elements
      on aion arenas is about who has more gear who gathers more points and who kills more mobs and who has more money to dump into the game your looking at creadit card ranking on aion. even tho all top classes are all clerics and chanters
    • Aion is aion, you dont play it if you dont like it, doesn't mean that we should get broken ranking system who favors people boosting themselves and leaving arenas 24/7 against real opponents.
      And i highly doubt you can p2w anything right now besides maybe the transforms, and thats far from granting you a free win, i've killed countless of people who use legendary forms by now.
      But hey, people likes to cry about pay to win despite the fact that the cash shop has never been as empty as it is now except maybe in 2.7

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aura ().