Can GameForge PLEASE take bot reports seriously?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Can GameForge PLEASE take bot reports seriously?

      Wanted to make this public and ask @Galeas WHY GF support team is NOT BANNING bots?

      Here is proof that GF let bots farm undisturbed for 9-10 days AFTER THE REPORT:

      1. Screenshot of my ticket to GF support reporting 4 bots: :nothingtoseehere: - 2018-10-27

      2. Screenshot of the same bot today, 10 days later, he is still farming, no problem: :nothingtoseehere: - 2018-11-04

      Another bot that was reported in the same ticket (evers) is also still botting like a boss, no worries.


      So, as a player in EU servers, PLEASE explain to me how 'bots are not allowed' ? Do we live on different planets?


      What more do players need to do, so we can have less bots? WE are doing YOUR job, we are giving you names of bots, you don't even have to 'search for them', and yet the result is 0.



      Also, ticket support is not working on weekends? What? Why? .........


      Looking forward to a nice explanation from GF.


      Thank you.
    • Everyday I kill mobs near Mirash entrance in randoms hours. Everytime I see same "people" with nicks Djhsjhdgjsh killing mobs there. Most of them are gunners, sometimes chanters. Was even thinking about reporting them but if you say they do nothing with these reports for weeks... its waste of time. Gameforge is gameforge.
    • Not all bots are banned, and not all bot owners are punished.

      There are illegal bots, which are bots used by companies and farm kinah with the purpose of selling it to the players.

      Product Director Nick had mentioned that they do tolerate bots which are helpful to the economy of the game and do not conduct illegal actions.
    • Senpai wrote:

      I'm not part of the Game Support so I can't help with those questions. Maybe due to the holidays (1st november + now being weekend) it takes a bit longer. Either way, botting isn't allowed so they'll end up banned if they are botting.

      Well, GF proves to me otherwise, to me it looks like they tolerate bots just fine.

      So reporting is not working to deal with this issue and my original question still stands:

      What can we as players do to reduce the bots ingame since GF is doing close to nothing?
    • I've noticed the same. I have reported a few bots myself and from the answer that the support gave me, I understood that they "took care" of it. I was happy with my answer, except the next day they were still there doing the same thing. ANd the next and the next and today too. And every. Single. Day. Not only that, I see their names on auction every day selling every day around 2k ancient stones, grossly undercutting players who actually spend hours of their lives farming. They make it miserably hard for my alts to complete their newbie quests in Lakrum. And they are just a handful of characters, but enough to handle the entire newbie area of Lakrum. I imagine it is the same on every server. I don't think there are "hundreds" of bots being banned every day, like I remember reading on these forums, but I believe there might be a handful of em on every server in the same area. It can't be that hard to spot them and ban them since there is only 1 map in this game that people play and is relevant enough to make gold for a bot. And on that map thereare just 2 small areas where b ots can farm undisturbed by pvp. How hard can it be?!
    • Funny thing is Gameforge won't even need an active GM to wipe out bots, just run a script on playtime. Doubtful a human being can farm continuously without eating or sleeping for 24 hours through 3 days, so these get an auto ban. But there are million other signs if someone is botting without needing a GM to check it. This is just laziness from the company's part.

      Outskirts of Lakrum base is overcrowded with bots to a point questing takes 10 time longer than it should because of them. And most of those bots are there for weeks.

      Galeas told us they ban hundreds of bots. Well I would love to see where, cause none of the Lakrum bots are banned, bot reports are straight up ignored, probably goes to noreply@gameforge.com.

      The thing is, no people will ever stop playing because of bots because this is a minor frustration. And bots buy gold packs, so the company is not interested in eliminating them.

      If bots would magically give away aion coins I would be sure bot problem would be solved in the next 4 hours.
    • I used to think like that too. But that was pre 3.0, when crafts were super hard and expensive to level up to expert/master and crafting a proc of a higher tier was super super rare, with a chance of the crafted item actually being destroyed in the process. Back then, crafts depended on a lot of money invested and many were complaining about it, but smart people could take their time and do the math and make a huge profit even just by selling crafted items to vendor. Back then, insane amounts of raw materials were needed and multiple procs of both materials and gear were necessary. Farming those mats was really boring because most of it was gathering and some others (leather) were drops, which made it really hard for some. It was basically much faster but a lot more boring to gather than to kill certain mobs. So ofc I like many others prefered making money with one of the many other proficiencies available at the time, and buy raw materials from auction, most likely sold by bots considering the insane amounts. I thought that was fine because the amount needed to proc green and blue materials and so on from raw materials was... really really crap. It was just not realistic to imagine that you would farm a few thousands or even just hundreds of hides casually in a day lol. But a bot could.

      But now crafts are simple, there's no material procs, only item procs. The drop rates are okay, to the extent that you can go out and farm for a piece of equipment yourself in a few minutes. Leveling this craft we have today is also quite easy. The only problem you have today is that in order to craft you have to buy expensive materials from the vendors! That's a kinah sink, quite a major one. And there's not many ways to farm that kinah these days, unless you sell the very own malleability stones you're farming. And it becomes a problem when their price keeps going down, as it essentially means that you can buy less scrolls from vendor to craft them. Bots aren't helping this time for sure.

      Or to put it simply, all the malleability stones that come into the world from bots, are sold to us and they have to be coupled with the same number of scrolls in order for us to craft them. For every stone you buy cheap from a bot, you pay to vendor a fixed price every time. Stones go down, scrolls stay the same. I only see an income source disappearing for all of us.
    • The thing I dislike the most is the fact that now Galeas or someone else is gonna pop here, closing the thread and telling us "We ban bots on a daily basis"!

      Which is obviously a lie.

      I can name at least 7-8 bots running freely in Lakrum on Deyla. And I can do it coz I see them everyday there since already 3 weeks so I had the time to remember their names. So, no...you guys aint banning bots. You dont have hundred servers to check, so how's possible to see the same bots there over and over for almost one month?

      Just say us the truth when you'll close this thread, something like..."We take it easy with bots. We dont have the resources to ban them in any possible fast way so you gotta live with them. But keep it up with reports, soon or later we'll ban them" -_-
    • Vix wrote:

      The thing I dislike the most is the fact that now Galeas or someone else is gonna pop here, closing the thread and telling us "We ban bots on a daily basis"!

      Which is obviously a lie.

      I can name at least 7-8 bots running freely in Lakrum on Deyla. And I can do it coz I see them everyday there since already 3 weeks so I had the time to remember their names. So, no...you guys aint banning bots. You dont have hundred servers to check, so how's possible to see the same bots there over and over for almost one month?

      Just say us the truth when you'll close this thread, something like..."We take it easy with bots. We dont have the resources to ban them in any possible fast way so you gotta live with them. But keep it up with reports, soon or later we'll ban them" -_-
      i think gms are using bots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dont see any other reason why it takes so long to ban a single bot... at this pace i might consider boting aswell since nothing is done anyway hmm what u think @Gameforge ?
    • [NICK]papichulo wrote:

      Vix wrote:

      The thing I dislike the most is the fact that now Galeas or someone else is gonna pop here, closing the thread and telling us "We ban bots on a daily basis"!

      Which is obviously a lie.

      I can name at least 7-8 bots running freely in Lakrum on Deyla. And I can do it coz I see them everyday there since already 3 weeks so I had the time to remember their names. So, no...you guys aint banning bots. You dont have hundred servers to check, so how's possible to see the same bots there over and over for almost one month?

      Just say us the truth when you'll close this thread, something like..."We take it easy with bots. We dont have the resources to ban them in any possible fast way so you gotta live with them. But keep it up with reports, soon or later we'll ban them" -_-
      i think gms are using bots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dont see any other reason why it takes so long to ban a single bot... at this pace i might consider boting aswell since nothing is done anyway hmm what u think @Gameforge ?
      I actually managed to talk to one of those botter when, after days, he really played this character. Didnt sound like a gm, just some random guy. Lured some mobs the day before, made the bot running in circles after my pull without him being able to loot for like 30 minutes in front of quite a few viewers. I didnt report him because I already know he will farm there until eternity.
    • Senpai wrote:

      Please don't post screenshots of support or screenshots accusing accounts of botting. Please keep doing what you're doing and report them to support instead.
      @Senpai Are you a real living human or an android bot? Maybe because of this, u act like at the bot users side? Remember u must be at the side of real legal players.