Is it worth playing in EU?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it worth playing in EU?

Returning player here, played fo rlike 3 days now, reached lvl 46. Then I wanted to buy something from the broker. I can't. I first need to buy some gold pack? I didn't understood and I didn't even want to.

My question is, because my free time is limited, is it worth playing this version of Aion, or I can just give up? Don't get me wrong, because probably some1s gonna reply if you enjoy the game, support the game with 10 bucks a month. Nothing wrong with that. But this kind of limitations are kinda wrong. I can understand premium maps and such, but trade broker? The only game I seen such limitations for basic game stuff was in 1 of the trion worlds games, and pretty much all of their games are either crap, or getting shut down.

This is not a cry thread. This is a question threadm and the question is: is it worth playing Aion Gameforge?
      Thank you.
    • If you like Korean hardcore MMOs, and you can invest 30-50 € / month into the game, yes, definietly worth! I'm an old Aion player, started in 1.9 quit at 3.9, I came back the game is pretty enjoyable and I'm progressing quite good.

The publisher is probably one of the worst you will ever meet on MMO market, this means bad events, rng shop items and every virtual good is way overpriced, and almost every maintenance brings in new issues with the game.

On the good side, the game is now well balanced, a lot of old annoying RNG factors (like godstones) has been removed, the PvP is thrilling, and the skillcap is high, definitely a unique piece out there, no wonder the game is still flourishing in Korea, ranks around 4-5th on the MMO list.
    • Like always, the "worth" evaluation is being done individually, therefore subjectively.
      What you need is a better understanding of what kind of game Aion is, and then think for yourself if you like it and want to invest time in.

As for the trading limitation, well, personally I'm not bothered with it because I'm an active player and I always have a goldpack. Matter of fact I have around of 1600+ days of goldpack time.
      But, ofcourse there are many people that are bothered by it because "it's wrong" and "it's evil".
      Active people get it because it allows them to stay competitive.
      See in which category you fall and then decide.
      I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    • No it is not.

As a free player who started in 6.x you will have an insanely hard time.

First of all you will not be invited in the high end instances because you have made no connections with people in the past nor have friends to help you out.

Secondly you will get completely destroyed in PvP with no chance of victory because of your gear, if you would play hardcore and do everything for months you still will not catch up the people who use compensation gear.

Thirdly, you absolutely MUST have a Gold Pack to play Aion, the game is "free to play", but not really, the game uses a subscription system and it's model is the Gold Pack.

Fourthly, forget about upgrading your gear. It won't happen, not even if you pay money, your PvP gear progression will stop in it's tracks when you reach garrison gear +10; in the next patch 6.5 it will stop in it's tracks at legendary +10.
    • Basically what Rym is saying is that you will get destroyed.
      I forgot to mention it earlier, for it will most definitely happen.
      Going through a tremendous amount of pain is quite standard in Aion.
      Many fail hard in the process and rage-quit but those who prevail are true champions of Aion.
      Ofc, yet again, it's a matter of choice.
      You're either an alpha or a beta.
      I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    • well, if ure complaining about GP limitations, stay away; rest of the game is even worse when it comes to being f2p user-friendly. it will get better with new incoming features such as hero trials but its taking really long to implement them ;___;

tl;dr unless u re rdy to pay, dont expect a good time
    • Arguably EU Aion is better than NA and RU, though not by a terribly long shot.
      That being said, as a f2p player you might struggle a bit in the beginning. It will take a while to catch up, even though 6.x is more newbie friendly than many previous patches. Gold packs sell for around 16kk atm on deyla asmo, you get around 9kk from lvling to 80 alone, so you don't necessarily need to spend any money at all.
      I must also say, however, that as someone that really loved this game and is still trying to love it, I'm starting to get really bored with this patch already. Played since early 2010, took a break over 5.8, and returned to this. There's just... not that many people left and not that much to do anymore. This is personal preference, though, perhaps you will really enjoy the patch if you give it a go at endgame.
    • After the kinah fix the game got playable now. You will see a steady progression pve wise cause technicly you dont need to enchant your gear past 6 to get better gear for harder instances.

But for your pvp gear you need a lot of patience cause you HAVE to enchant every piece multiple times to + 15 and with the current enchant rates it will take you multiple years to archieve it.
      Its like you need a month of constant pvp instances to get one ancient part to 15 and once you upgraded them you need legendary stones to get your legendary/ultimate pieces past +6.

If you dont mind the ping you can play on NA server since their events reward the players much much more.
    • if you're a casual aion is hard and maybe not enjoyable.
      as hakurin mentioned above eu is slightly better but that only if you're an active player to work for your stuff in the game. it is worse if you decide to pay for it because the shop it's more expensive and more rng than the other regions. so pay attention what you pay for.
      if you're active you can also buy gp from broker in your first month or so. it's a lot cheaper now.
      gp is not really a must for a casual because you won't have much things to sell or buy. it doesn't limit you from playing the game either. it is necessary if you are active as a player.
      but aion in general has turned into some kind of mobile game. pay here and there if you want a shortcut. limited amount of stuff to do. limited trading. limited content. this is mostly by ncsoft brilliant design.
    • Lyneza90 wrote:

If you dont mind the ping you can play on NA server since their events reward the players much much more.
      it's only rewarding if you pay for the game. for example 2 weeks as the last event lasted wasn't enough for the f2p players to enjoy these rewards you mentioned. this is the definition of more p2w. most past events were like that. even for the paying ones, the npc disappeared at midnight and people couldn't turn in their pumpkin quests. great event.
      if you're a f2p player there forget the events, it's not different than here. the difference is when you pay. if you pay there you get rewards. if you pay here for events it's more expensive and you might have a chance and not a sure thing. i prefer the second option as there isn't that big of a divide between f2p and p2w.
    • or you know you could just level crafting and work on your crafted parts while working on normal pvp gear / buy it from the kinah you farm and get a decent gear like that, dont rly need fully upgraded garrison gear in every slot to keep up with 99% of the players (especially since they are bad at their class).
      and sure leveling crafting takes some time but it's steady progress and you need the fragments to upgrade your garrison gear.
      overall it's not ez to get into, but that's almost every mmo nowadays.
    • No Eu is so so bad, Go NA alot alot better then eu. No enchant rats nerf more drop no gold pack u can make 200kk in one day farming and buy transformation (only 9.9kk not 12.7kk like eu) form kinah shop with higher Chance get ancient (Last week got 2 ancient and my brother got 1 this week , 8 trys every week from my 8 characters 7 lvl 10 and 1 lvl 80) and more rewarding event got 1 transformation contract from it and was normal , but u need a Solution for ping and NA time for siege and arena.
    • Ehab wrote:

No Eu is so so bad, Go NA alot alot better then eu. No enchant rats nerf more drop no gold pack u can make 200kk in one day farming and buy transformation (only 9.9kk not 12.7kk like eu) form kinah shop with higher Chance get ancient (Last week got 2 ancient and my brother got 1 this week , 8 trys every week from my 8 characters 7 lvl 10 and 1 lvl 80) and more rewarding event got 1 transformation contract from it and was normal , but u need a Solution for ping and NA time for siege and arena.
      lmao this guy. everything except the transformation cost is pure invention of yours. na is just as, if not even more, bad.
    • Ehab wrote:

No Eu is so so bad, Go NA alot alot better then eu. No enchant rats nerf more drop no gold pack u can make 200kk in one day farming and buy transformation (only 9.9kk not 12.7kk like eu) form kinah shop with higher Chance get ancient (Last week got 2 ancient and my brother got 1 this week , 8 trys every week from my 8 characters 7 lvl 10 and 1 lvl 80) and more rewarding event got 1 transformation contract from it and was normal , but u need a Solution for ping and NA time for siege and arena.
      NA better from eu? LOL ! except the transformation cost all the others are the same so go play alone there with 5 am sieges , 300 ping and few players online.