How to do damage with glad on pve

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to do damage with glad on pve

Ok so i have a big problem doing dps i did today promentus and my dps was significant low iam almost full legendary pve gear with the exception that my weapon is legendary pvp with pve under
      My stats:
      Attack:11.307
      Accuracy:10.271
      Crit:2.630
      Didnt mention that in promentus i used luna buff as well and had 12k attack 11.600 acc and 3.630 crit
      Is there any tips that will help me boost my dps weaving? Skill rotation asking help from fellow glads
    • My main is glad and I have the same problem, 9 legendary parts, all leg items slotted with accuracy (60 and 41 manastones) - 11,5k p attack, 11,7k accuracy, 2,7k crit without xform/chanter/food.

sms, gunners, sorcs, bards and rangers are out of my reach.

My twink sm in garden gear without even 1 manastone has 12k m attack and 11,2k macc and 1,8k crit xD + infernal blight, curse of magic power and sandblaster as a support spells for other party members.

This patch is simply made for magic classes.
    • nev wrote:

accessories go for att/crit + acc/hp if possible, armor for acc/crit + hp/def if possible
      In general: Acc > all
      At least for a while, because the requirements for physical classes are rather high here.
      Certainly having crit and/or atk at the same time is good as well.
      Many gear parts can't be re-idented on atk anyway, but even with the best gear your crit % won't beat ~39%.

paparepas wrote:

Ok so i have a big problem doing dps i did today promentus and my dps was significant low iam almost full legendary pve gear with the exception that my weapon is legendary pvp with pve under
      My stats:
      Didnt mention that in promentus i used luna buff as well and had 12k attack 11.600 acc and 3.630 crit
      Is there any tips that will help me boost my dps weaving? Skill rotation asking help from fellow glads
      Your post in general lacks some information. You state that your dps has been low which might have been the case, but we can't know, because we don't know the gear, classes nor your rotation/ stigma build in the first place (nor your transformations/buffs you receive from the rest). Just like we have no idea what daeva skills you own/use already. As well there's no information about your pve atk or your weapon. Certainly I assume from the post it's either Greatsword or Polearm, but that's about it.

Furthermore weaving only applies to be rather efficient if you use one old dual wield weapon (like Enhanced Fallusha) so far, because otherwise the weapon attack will be about 2/3 weaker compared to another combination. If you don't have one of those smashing the buttons should be mostly fine, but if you use e.g. mostly an AoE stigma build it might be less effective on single bosses because you miss strong skills such as Sure Strike. The same goes for Daeva Skills such as the Piercing Rupture variation or Vow of the Charge instead of Deavic Fury. They'll raise your dps by a few 1000 dps probably (at least according to my experience).

In addition it can be rewarding to focus on upgrading the most rewarding gear parts first (like wings) and focus on upgrading your weapon (since Ultimate PvP might be worth losing the pve atk while Legendary has less stats).

And until yesterday I thought that people hardly can screw up their rotations on gladiator anymore, but I've seen someone focussing only on weak skills he may need in PvP (which are rather worthless in PvE though such as Lockdown. Therefore it's rather important to check some things out first:
      • What skills help me to enhance my dps by reducing phy. defence?
      • Which skill is the strongest? What skills deal no damage? What skills with low CD will I use quite often in between?
    • paparepas wrote:

My stats:
      You miss a bit of PVE damage as you don't have enchanted PVE+

Though i am wondering if it is possible some players just get bad dps. Tested this out before where player A had significantly higher stats than player B. The same rotation was used, same food, same buffs etc..and Player A ended up with lower dps than Player B

Do some players have the hidden knowledge stat wrong? (it's the base stat when choosing the class).
    • First of all, magic classes such as sorc and sm deal the most dmg now. So don't compare yourself as a glad to them.

Your stats are not superb, I believe a great boost would come from using a ultimate weapon. So take it as room for improvement even from a mathematical perspective. I am a glad too and my current pve stats in full purple + red pvp weapon look like 13k attack, 11k acc, 4,5k crit un uffed and less geared mages still beat me. I believe that is just fine.

Do reroll for crit and acc for all your pve parts. If you have money to spare, socket crit and acc manastones too (even a cheap quality).

The stigma build should always be the aoe one as sure strike provides much less dmg, moreover aoes are much welcome when adds spawn at Prigga. The way to go is spamming skills now with very little weaving.

Lastly your lack of dps could be causes by a low quality transformation.
    • @OP
      Keep in mind that attack speed caps at 50%
      Try to reach that ASAP.
      The faster you attack, the more dps right?!
      And if skills go in cooldown too fast, then you adjust your rotation with weaves in between skills (those with shorter animation).
      12% atk speed on weapon + 3% from title.
      If you can get a legendary xform with 35% atk speed, you're gucci.

You can even have 15k attack... if your attack speed is slow, then you're gonna do low dps anyway.

PS: casting speed caps at 75% if I remember it well, which means caster classes, when they reach it, they're gonna be out of control in dps.
    • Nuke wrote:

The stigma build should always be the aoe one as sure strike provides much less dmg
      Both builds have a similar single target dmg output if you use a polearm with speed of 1.7 (38%) here:
      Me: 5.517.745 (100%),Dps/peak: 64.923(408.680),Hits/max: 253(130.262) Crits(51)
      Me: 5.525.805 (100%),Dps/peak: 57.572(260.524),Hits/max: 241(131.778) Crits(45)
      (2min, no shards, buttonsmashing ftw)

Since you have adds like twice, it's not that important here. If you didn't use a polearm/GS the AoE build wouldn't make sense either though I can imagine it'd be nice to have if there are many adds to kill. In fact in PvE Daeva Skills are more important regarding the dmg outcome than your stigma build.
    • My stigma build is Severe Precision Cut,Whirling Strike,Exhausting Wave,lockdown i have 1502 pve attack with buffs/transform 11.307 att 10.558 acc 2.697 crit attack speed 2.0 my weap is pvp legendary pole
      and i dont have a spesific rotation i just press the skills i dont have on cooldown my gear is all access legendary pve except wings,feather,wings,bracelet,helm and armor all legendary pve without boots
      If there is a rotation that can boost my dps i want to know

also for deavenion skills i haveabsorb bloodlust and i at the training dummies no sharda i did 3.770.779 dps in 3 minutes no spesific rotation

The post was edited 2 times, last by paparepas ().

• Sirkka wrote:

Nuke wrote:

The stigma build should always be the aoe one as sure strike provides much less dmg
      Both builds have a similar single target dmg output if you use a polearm with speed of 1.7 (38%) here:Me: 5.517.745 (100%),Dps/peak: 64.923(408.680),Hits/max: 253(130.262) Crits(51)
      Me: 5.525.805 (100%),Dps/peak: 57.572(260.524),Hits/max: 241(131.778) Crits(45)
      (2min, no shards, buttonsmashing ftw)

Since you have adds like twice, it's not that important here. If you didn't use a polearm/GS the AoE build wouldn't make sense either though I can imagine it'd be nice to have if there are many adds to kill. In fact in PvE Daeva Skills are more important regarding the dmg outcome than your stigma build.
      Where did you test your dps? lakrum dummies? So I can test myself and have a baseline, my glad still has low gear.
    • Doombolt wrote:

@OP
      Try to reach that ASAP.
      And if skills go in cooldown too fast, then you adjust your rotation with weaves in between skills (those with shorter animation).

Is atk speed that important? Didn't know. Ill get right on getting that legendary form.
    • Doombolt wrote:

@OP
      Try to reach that ASAP.

You can even have 15k attack... if your attack speed is slow, then you're gonna do low dps anyway.

PS: casting speed caps at 75% if I remember it well, which means caster classes, when they reach it, they're gonna be out of control in dps.
      on my sin i reach atk speed cap at 46 % atk spd. not sure if is only for sin like that :D
    • alvi wrote:

Where did you test your dps? lakrum dummies? So I can test myself and have a baseline, my glad still has low gear.
      Pandemonium, but I reduced all AoE damage to single target damage, manually, so the results might be different if you don't do that.

paparepas wrote:

My stigma build is Severe Precision Cut,Whirling Strike,Exhausting Wave,lockdown i have 1502 pve attack with buffs/transform 11.307 att 10.558 acc 2.697 crit attack speed 2.0 my weap is pvp legendary pole
      and i dont have a spesific rotation i just press the skills i dont have on cooldown my gear is all access legendary pve except wings,feather,wings,bracelet,helm and armor all legendary pve without boots
      If there is a rotation that can boost my dps i want to know
      Well your stats aren't that high and work only with Luna buff in Prometun (I hope you used it though).

Regarding the rest I told you before more or less that skills such as Piercing Rupture and its variations as well as the other skill to reduce phy. defence are important to use. Afterwards you have skills with high DPS output (such as Mangling Cyclone, Severe Precision Cut, Whirling Strike...), basic skills with ok damage an low cooldown (e.g. Body Smash chain) and skills with hardly damage or huge CDs (Airbind, Lockdown). It's hardly a secret that it is wise to keep the skills with huge dps or defence reduce on CD, use the skills with low CD and ok damage in between and try to use the rest as few as possible.

Atk speed 2.0 is rather slow, so I hope you have a transformation (potion) and/or a chanter to even this out. Furthermore you can buy good food and essence jelly (!) from the Shugo Vending Machine in the city if you have an activated goldpack which provides you with 250 PvE atk and some additional atk speed (the bundle is called Mysterious Supply Box).

Otherwise it's difficult for me to comment on anything without a dps file from you showing your rotation.