New class in Aion?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [NICK]zorach wrote:

Wolx wrote:

Ereshkigal's part started okay but then another relic out of nowhere and they just rushed her out
      Yeah, they even totally ignored her special existence status of being born with the "Mark of Aion" on her forehead.

I really hope that they bring Ereshkigal back later somehow (not as an enemy, but as an NPC), when we finally face Fregion. Because i really want her 'Mark of Aion' to have some role in the story.

lovely wrote:

sooo this super new class will be cloth/chain/leather or plate? :D
      As per whats been posted in the forums yet (all unconfirmed though), its either- a Magic Plate class that does physical damage, OR
      - a Physical Cloth class

Atleast, its confirmed to be a Physical Skills using class (based on its skills list).

This hurts me lol
      She has the mark of aion and it was poorly explored on his season on this game.
      Her story was so vague that almost added nothing to the game
    • All this info we allready have now about new class and 7.0 Patch makes me hope they gonna skipp 6.5 here in EU and put that patch right away:) or put the new class in 6.5 EU Patch :) I Know wishfull thinking ^^
    • Galeas wrote:

We can't. Getting 6.2 directly was not something we decided. 6.2 was delivered for all overseas regions as a whole package with 6.0 included. As to "skip" 6.5 and go to 7.0 it would mean no update for a very long time as we will anyway not have 7.0 before a long time. So yes, we just can't choose to "skip" patches on our own.
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• DarkWolf wrote:

I think a publisher is always happy to release new content, so it may attract new players/customers.
      But, then again, who knows what mechanics lie underneath the legal accord between the two parties (ncsoft and gameforge).
      usually gf and sometimes ncwest tell people when they received the files for localization from ncsoft. it is usually a few months after their release in korea. so a few months of nothing happening because korea is preparing the files. and those localization files are not the game files, just what it need changed, like voices, translation and what else is there. then the files go back to korea, they make separate builds of for overseas territories, they test them a little, they apply patches if needed, they ship them back for testing. it's no surprise these processes take so long and the amount of work can be big. then here it comes john doe on forum saying that they translated skills in a day and asking everyone, what the heck is taking gf so long to bring the game when it's so simple? i'd dare them to work in any software company. and to mention here that here gf is only a publisher that has to deal with a software company.
    • Xuemi wrote:

it's worth to wait ;)
      Its not worth waithing ,i play a lvl 80 Painter on Korea have all skills its a class that should not be added to Aion the skills look allot as a sorcerer only new animation ofc some are new, like a sorcerer it is not having allot of self heal skill ,the Animations with all this bright collors simply dont fit to this game Painter using Psyg Cloth Set. Narrakali is solo now. even 7.0 patch did not inpressed me.

:nothingtoseehere:

Removed completely off-topic info.
      -Senpai
    • failboat wrote:

DarkWolf wrote:

I think a publisher is always happy to release new content, so it may attract new players/customers.
      But, then again, who knows what mechanics lie underneath the legal accord between the two parties (ncsoft and gameforge).
      usually gf and sometimes ncwest tell people when they received the files for localization from ncsoft. it is usually a few months after their release in korea. so a few months of nothing happening because korea is preparing the files. and those localization files are not the game files, just what it need changed, like voices, translation and what else is there. then the files go back to korea, they make separate builds of for overseas territories, they test them a little, they apply patches if needed, they ship them back for testing. it's no surprise these processes take so long and the amount of work can be big. then here it comes john doe on forum saying that they translated skills in a day and asking everyone, what the heck is taking gf so long to bring the game when it's so simple? i'd dare them to work in any software company. and to mention here that here gf is only a publisher that has to deal with a software company.
      There are 4? other publishers outside of korea...and only 1 team of developers who clearly also have to go to meetings, have lives, develop other things. whilst the publishers have to first translate into their home language first...then decide if they like that translation. Russia and NA aren't legally bound to produce any other languages either. GF has to produce German, French and English versions by law. But anyway just give me the painter already..my artist is already waiting to ascend.
    • They should change attack animation from paint to lightning.
      Imagine how good would that look.

But no ...
      Koreans always have to make something that is immersion breaking.
      So many quit Aion because of Aether class, now some will prob quit for this new class.

I give Aion no more then a year, maybe 2.

Unless we see some more major new player, casual friendly changes the population will be really really low
    • Rym wrote:

The Painter was received by the community in KR in a good way.

They like all this cute stuff.
      That's because Koreans are weird. Ofc they will like it.
      Just like they liked that mini car mounts, and sheeps, and the option to make LoLi character, the option to make little boy character,
      option to turn attack animations into some weird cartoon looking mess.

The list goeson and on, anything weird you can think of, Koreans will prob like it.

If only devs for NA and EU had the tools and power to edit few items, classes and animations Aion would be much more popular in NA and EU.
      Probably even mmorpg of they year with better management.
      I'm not saying Gameforge is the worse, but it could be better.

Footnotes