Okay, you've tried new servers twice, the new patch is cool but not the Aion most of us grew up playing. When are we gonna talk about "Legacy" servers? 2.* 3.* ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Okay, you've tried new servers twice, the new patch is cool but not the Aion most of us grew up playing. When are we gonna talk about "Legacy" servers? 2.* 3.* ?

And don't hit me with that

Blizzard wrote:

You think you do but you don't !
    Clearly they were wrong, and the demand of old WoW was insane.

I'll be real, Aion is not the same game I knew, loved and played. It's been that way for a long time.
    So how many people would play Aion if a new server opened, that offered the chance to experience old Aion? I wouldn't go with Aion 1.0 because it was bad, full of bugs and slow. I think 2.7 was right after the "can't remove shock while silence" feature was fixed. So that's a good patch.

A new server with 2.7 as the default patch, with maybe the possibility of a new expansion every 6months-1 year. Stopping at 4.* when I think Aion completely changed. The method/way can be debated.

I know it's probably an impossible task for Gameforge, since they are very slow at getting things done, and they'd have to get approval from Korea, create custom launchers, servers. But I think the only way I'd return to Aion is by playing on an older server that offered the same experience as it did in 2.*.

I think it's a good idea, and if it can be done, why not? You guys are missing out on a big market that want that "vanilla" experience.
  • It was already stated that they will not implement this idea. The official statement is that Gf is interested in going forward rather than looking back, my idea is however that new patches have much more p2w contet to buy in the aion shop.
    I honestly would not play a 2.x server as I have already played that patch.
  • Here's the thing,

Blizzard has millions of players, with an actual count of active users being well over 100k in WoW.

GameForge is severely struggling in keeping whatever players they have to keep on playing and the population isn't so great as is anyway.

Even if possible, do you honestly think they would be pay to win free?

You think you do, but you don't.
  • Honestly it doesnt even look like you've ran this idea of yours thru test before pouring it in here.

While it is somewhat arguable to see the entire concept as a good thing from a sentimental point of view though from a business stand point it is a horrible idea. It simply won't generate sufficient revenue that the servers need. You either need an amount of crowd that can't be neglected or certain amount of premium players to be vocal about this for some time. Seeing as how both scenarios are extremely unlikely; one can clearly say that it's a far fetched idea.

Long story short: WON'T HAPPEN!
  • Looking at current pserver numbers there is a market for it, however I don't think a "dry" 2.7 patch would be as popular as a revised "classic server" or whatever you'd want to call it after having so many good changes over the years (remove shock while silenced was introduced with 3.0, then there's things like quest cube, character customisation changes etc). I think it's sad that the community is so pessimistic about the idea, but it is what it is. If NCS are creating a new class, you bet they're busy enough with new content in addition to the mobile adaption. I guess a revised classic server is pretty far away if indeed it will ever come.
  • imo. this will never ever happen. The work hours you have to put into it.. new servers.. more people to handle servers, updates, events. This nearly doubles gameforge workload. They are having serious troubles maintaining 6.2 servers as it is. Adding another game to the current overflowing work... seriously doubt they are that stupid to ever think of it.
    not that i dislike the older patch, i like 6.2 equally. i just dont see where they would extract the resources and the work force for it.
  • you d also need certain fixes like the pot macro issue, otherwise ppl would abuse it with no end on those servers (And it wasnt that popular back then so it wasnt an issue and you could have fun) and noone would enjoy the experience without such fixes. also no to mention that balance wasnt perfekt then either etc
    just give up on it, aint gonna happen, keep the nice memories and move on.
    you probably wouldnt have fun in that patch either way, since you only remember the good stuff and not the bad stuff + ppl got lazy due to MOBA's & other "instant queue and get action" games, they dont wanna farm, work for their stuff or have to search for open pvp.
  • [NICK]n00b wrote:

I know it's probably an impossible task for Gameforge, since they are very slow at getting things done, and they'd have to get approval from Korea, create custom launchers, servers. But I think the only way I'd return to Aion is by playing on an older server that offered the same experience as it did in 2.*.
    a project like that has to exist in korea first. so for now it's impossible.

and this reminds me of the other publisher, innova. people asked for an existing game to be published with a different business model. they said on stream that a project like that takes many months or up to a year to be conceived. and that is for an already existing project (game that exists in korea). so something like this is hard to actually make.