Endless Farm

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Endless Farm

Right now when I look into aion I see an endless farm in front of me.
      What I will write down wont be possible probably but maybe it can give an idea how to make it at least rewarding farming wise.

We all know how hard it is to get Daevanion Skills. Running instances - Praying shugo drops- Praying for Splendid or drop inside- Rolling vs other players - Finally winning to get a double?!?
      Transformations are also a common problem. If you are lucky, yes you might end up with an ancient for your class. I have seen even some legendary around. But what if you aren't lucky?

This are just two examples, I can keep going on but it's pointless. GameForge have seen enough topics about it.

What would solve at least some endless farm or pray for a good transformation/Daevanion Skill is another system. A system which we can collect a certain item. Can look at it as a Hero Trial. You do a quest, you collect that item.
      Like the Shugo Vendor, you can place "Ancient Transformation (selectable)", "Daevanion Skills( selectable)", "Legendary PvP/PvE Enchantment stones",... Can even go higher in items.
      Make it just costy, that you work for an item but at least let us choose and not endless farm. I prefer working for something I will have then endless farming and not knowing if I'm going to have it at any point.

And I can keep going on with one system. You can even implement this in PvE instances. Saving up, buying the gear you need instead of running for months and not having a single part yet.
      You can make a game farming wise but it must stay rewarding the farm!

Maybe this all can be related to the Platinerk system we will get! At least in this way the system would be rewarding in my eyes.

My personal view about a game is "you have to see some kind of progress and it must be rewarding to keep playing"! :ashy:
      "Faith is a bird that sings while the dawn is still dark"

Xenomorph Twitch
    • Taking a lot of RNG out of a game will make it faster for people to finish their sets which means they might get bored faster, on the other hand, farming too long with not getting what you want can result in ragequitting. And there are still stigma's to enchant and RNG in the gear enchanting. Overall a good idea imo.

Since it can lead to discussing the state of the game instead of only the suggestion I won't move it to the suggestion subforum yet.
      NEW FORUM HERE: forum.aion.gameforge.com/
    • Senpai wrote:

Taking a lot of RNG out of a game will make it faster for people to finish their sets which means they might get bored faster
      you are funny :) without p2w you never gonna get your gear to ultimate +15, there is a reason why only the same people get ultimate gear and other not.

Senpai wrote:

farming too long with not getting what you want
      thats literally what happen right now in aion, alot of fun, isnt it?
    • I know it's probably my fault for not levelling magic crafting before the patch hit, but after levelling all the other crafts to GM, I didn't really want to level crafting again, but you actually need it if you want to make any progression i.e. making items to extract for pvp upgrade this is incredibuly frustrating if you have no interest in PVE but now you have to join in the game of the endless farm, so you can create the mats needed to upgrade pvp gear...

And if you don't have the crafting, it takes about 3,000 malleability to get raise is from 0-100 (with boost), same with legendary...so if you were interested in crafting legendary pvp gear. you have to farm fors hours and hours to get enough legendary malleability to level up. It took me 2hours to gather '50'. and it's not simply a choice to buy them off the broker at the current price. Whilst we did have a 100% drop buff recently, it still didn't help much with that type of drop.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a craft at 60/160/260.

I spend a lot of the time staring at the screen knowing i have to farm the mats but find it boring as hell, so just don't bother.
    • Well people considering to quit the game because a lot of people can get Ancient gear fast, but not be able to upgrade it.

Infact I am starting to get bored of the game because it feels like I can't go forward.

I lack Legendary pvp stones (especially when my faction cant even win a single siege), the chances of getting legendary enchantment stone via Luna, Luna craft / Dredgion / Runatorium / Nevwind seems to be extremely low that will fail anyway before reaching +15.

Currently I been running with same set, hoping to ge RNG procs so I can upgrade 1 piece. Yes I am still working on 1 piece and I know I have to do still what.. 17 pieces?

I work hard to try get those enchantment stones that, yes fail all the time. Last time I even got like 10 of them by saving long time. Thinking it will be more likely get +5. Almost all of them failed even to reach +11.

I am getting bored of being stuck on same gear when I wanna get equal gear to do pvp. I am still struggeling in pvp vs compensated players who also gets double the amount of enchantment stones than I can get due to them having all forts etc.

Maybe this current system could work, if we actally would be able to get more enchantment stones as drops or quests. Problem is that we could always think of ideas "Add to dredgion captain" etc. but it means those that still need it most (lowest geared / new players) wont still be able to achieve them.

We need a system that everyone can acquire the stones.

Genesys Crystal reward for example. 50 Genesys crystal to buy 1 pvp or pve legendary stone.

or bring in form of like before with Radiant Tokens. "Daily quests to get tokens to buy them", like right now we got Yustifiel or whatever it is called. Add to those rewards.

We need something that everyone can do, to achieve them.

I am sick of being stuck on same spot because of RNG. Even if I do everything possible to get the enchantment stones. Still I am stuck because I am the most unlucky RNG player and thanks to this I get bored of the game and starting consider looking other options.

And no: I am not making the mistake and creating a new character to pass time in game.

I am starting to have even enough materials to upgrade almost whole gear to Ultimate, but thanks to RNG I will be most likely waiting for my ugprade 2 years if it continues like this.
      :cookieshugo:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Murskaaja ().

• Keymaker wrote:

I know it's probably my fault for not levelling magic crafting before the patch hit, but after levelling all the other crafts to GM, I didn't really want to level crafting again, but you actually need it if you want to make any progression i.e. making items to extract for pvp upgrade this is incredibuly frustrating if you have no interest in PVE but now you have to join in the game of the endless farm, so you can create the mats needed to upgrade pvp gear...

And if you don't have the crafting, it takes about 3,000 malleability to get raise is from 0-100 (with boost), same with legendary...so if you were interested in crafting legendary pvp gear. you have to farm fors hours and hours to get enough legendary malleability to level up. It took me 2hours to gather '50'. and it's not simply a choice to buy them off the broker at the current price. Whilst we did have a 100% drop buff recently, it still didn't help much with that type of drop.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a craft at 60/160/260.

I spend a lot of the time staring at the screen knowing i have to farm the mats but find it boring as hell, so just don't bother.
      Well thanks to bots ingame the stone price are cheap, I suggest attacking TB early in the morning. During night time you can see 20 bots roaming around almost on every server.

Don't do the same mistake I did and farm them yourself, since the bots sell them on tradebroker a lot cheaper and with amounts like 2000-10000, last time I checked they went for 5k each.
    • @Senpai

Don't have to remove all the RNG. Each game does have in some way a part of RNG. A little example about PvE armour. You have a random chance on a drop. But you can aswell collect each run one item. With an x-amount of items you do can buy an armour part. Depending on which armour part, it will cost you more. You can still make a farm out of something, the only difference is you will farm with a view on the end result.

I don't mind at all to farm a lot. It's just, you can make a farm in different ways! :)

Previous patch. I know, players who get fully geared might get bored. It wasn't the case for me, I played till the last day without being bored!

Xenomorph Twitch
    • Murskaaja wrote:

We need a system that everyone can acquire the stones.

Genesys Crystal reward for example. 50 Genesys crystal to buy 1 pvp or pve legendary stone.

or bring in form of like before with Radiant Tokens. "Daily quests to get tokens to buy them", like right now we got Yustifiel or whatever it is called. Add to those rewards.
      Indeed. I do agree. This is also a huge problem in the game. It's really hard to get legendary enchantment stones. I did refer also in my idea to those stones.
      The balance right now is messy. We get a lot of Lydium. Ultimate/Legendary. But compare it vs Legendary Enchantment stones and Fragments of the fighthing spirit...

Fragments is another common problem. You must have crafting to do it as cheap as possible. But still it's a lot of farm for ancient stones. Ofcourse you can buy them from bots who place them cheap on broker but you still need kinah in order to buy it! At the end it's very hard to do it all.

It's as I told, farm is good in a game, as long as you can see light at the end of the tunnel!

A game must be playable for all players. Also new players must find their way and get the items they need. As a new player in Aion it's really hard to farm. Dredgion without any gear, getting good teams vs you, it will be very hard to collect items.

My point can be referred to so many things in the game. I made an example above, I didn't write it out for a full game change. Just a way how to make it a more enjoyable farm.

Xenomorph Twitch
    • Senpai wrote:

Taking a lot of RNG out of a game will make it faster for people to finish their sets which means they might get bored faster, on the other hand, farming too long with not getting what you want can result in ragequitting. And there are still stigma's to enchant and RNG in the gear enchanting. Overall a good idea imo.

Since it can lead to discussing the state of the game instead of only the suggestion I won't move it to the suggestion subforum yet.
      Rng has always been the most idiotic MMO feature ever, why ya think almost all MMORPG's are dying?

Now on the post itself, its very good idea, instances should be, least at somepoint rewarding, it is completely moronic how 1 person can be full gear with exactly as much effort as another person has just few pieces cause unlucky, rng items and such.
      That way, way more people will ragequit than succeed since its completely based on idiotic random system. Maybe make a NPC in which when you run X instance enough times and get some item you use on the NPC (lets say 8x for small piece, 12-13 for midrange piece pants, earrings and such) 16 for tunics, feathers, helmets and 20+ for weapon.
      That would still mean you have to run the instance for many, many months.. But you would know for sure that you end up getting something in the long run and it would not just be complete waste of time, luna and effort.
      But its kind of pointless to discuss, gameforge cannot make it happen, and i doubt very much Korea would make that for em to implement.
      Another option would ofc be to add it somehow to the platinerk system, but i doubt they had in mind to add any gear in it.
      3rd option would be ''event'' type as in run instance X this many times, and return Q for selected reward and or box for random CLASS based ultimate piece.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alucinor ().

• ProKrieger wrote:

Senpai wrote:

farming too long with not getting what you want
      thats literally what happen right now in aion, alot of fun, isnt it?
      No it's not. You're not just not getting what you want out of farming, most of the time you don't get anything at all / lose hours of farming due to the frustrating game systems where EVERYTHING is random.

Gating progress behind rng is extremely bad game design, players prefer their content not to be stretched out in the most boring, frustrating and uncreative way possible. Players quit games like wow for a reason.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Accuracy ().

• Alucinor wrote:

Maybe make a NPC in which when you run X instance enough times and get some item you use on the NPC (lets say 8x for small piece, 12-13 for midrange piece pants, earrings and such) 16 for tunics, feathers, helmets and 20+ for weapon. that would still mean you have to run the instance for many, many months
      the only instance that shouldnt give random gear is makarna, it should be like the old instance and everyone get something atleast
    • Simple said:

We dont get rewarded for hard work.

It's all about luck how you move forward.

I can spend 24/7 ingame doing everything possible and still be worse geared than someone who plays 1-2 hours a day because they are luckier than me.
    • We are lacking enchantment stones with this enchantment rate, but its pretty RNG i wouldnt mind if we could get more enchantment stones and also if we get some increase on enchanting ancient items i feel like the success rate is low specially going from +10 to +15 can be really frustrating on top of it thats the first grade of our setm it should be easier its fine if legendary and ultimate are harder.
    • Senpai wrote:

Taking a lot of RNG out of a game will make it faster for people to finish their sets which means they might get bored faster, on the other hand, farming too long with not getting what you want can result in ragequitting. And there are still stigma's to enchant and RNG in the gear enchanting. Overall a good idea imo.

Bored after making your set? Hum in this so exclusive and pointless interview with NCSoft developer I got an impression that the main on that update is to get fast and easy your set and fast and easy to enchant it. Then to focus over transformations for example. We know the philosophy of the patch but it seems GF can not understand it, so they had to use us as excuse to ask one of NCSoft devs why they made all changes :D :D :D :D :D :D . I am sorry I never saw anywhere we to want this interview with NCSoft developers. We want other things. We do not want NCSoft devs to spend time to expalin us something we know.
      Yeah, it is easy and pleasant to play at Korean server, but here is endless farming and nightmare. And no I wont get bored if I get ultimate pve and pvp set +15 full with manastones level 80. Opposite I will farm more all instances in order help others gear too. I will do more open word pvp, which I do love.

GF knew for this update an year ago and they had not time to prepare the new system and hero tests, even if they knew what will be changed. Of course no one in GF is playing AION so it is hard to for them to think and got an idea how to do things.

Farming endless mobs to get some crafting materials and craft something to extract it for fragments to evolve your pvp set, in case you get lucky and enchant it. May be after 1000 stones you can make something +15. I tried to enchant pvp hat with over 500 ancient pvp enchantment stones. This hat did not go more then +9. O yes it was so enjoyable that I do not have words to express it. Yes, everything is easy and pleasant (on Korean servers yes, here NO!!!!!) 5h beating mobs for mats for crafting and when i sold what i got from them it was 922 000. So generous .... I got rich. Now I enchant 1 year with this kinah, because I can find everywhere legendary enchanting stones and the rates for enchanting are so good. Everything becomes +15 from first try. No fails.

Prigga on Korean servers always drops 1 red item, here no .... Good luck getting something or making prigga if the group has not enough dps. Which leads to next over 90 runs in Holy tower and Nara and i still miss - weapon, necklage, breastplate, shoulderplates and wings ... It is so enjoyable to can not get even purple set. I really can not express my happyness. I am speechless.

Now even if you get purple item comes the next question, how to enchant it .... Yes, I enjoy I can not get purple enchanting stones. I am happy and I like to suffer and not be able enchant my pvp or pve set. I am so happy to play russian rolleate and be forced buy boxes which can give me ancient or purple pve or pvp stones. No thank you. Keep your rng boxes. I wont play russian roulette. I want have freedom to get legendary pve or pvp stones, without to be forced to play rng russian roulette.

Stigmas?!? You are kidding me right? 1 stigma enchantment stones costs as much as 1 gold pack!!!!! This is ridiculous, it is absurd and too expensive. O, I forgot stigmas are dropped from mobs. You can get stigma drop from each mob you kill. It is really easy to enchant you stigmas .... And yes, after enchanting your ultimate pve and pvp set to +15 and putting manastones level 80, after making kaisinel transformation and getting all devianion skills, yes it is time for stigmas. Only stigmas left unenchanted for us. We have everything else.

North America had way more rewarding Halloween event then us. We again got nothing.

I think it is time you start use your heads and provide us what we need. Give it to us but not as super mega giga ultra pay to win. Make it cheaper!! If you give us things cheaper more people will buy them. Also please change the advertisement of AION, because AION is not free to play!!!!!!!!

You must provide us:

1. More kinah ingame
      2. Legendary pve and pvp enchantment stones - you want rng, no problem. Put 2 boxes - one with random amount of pve legendary stones, second with random amount of pvp legendary stones.
      3. Shugo machine needs change. It is ridiculous to get 20 ancient pvp stones, 1 legendary pvp stone or 2 bags with random manastones for 1 month playing the game. In previous version we were able to buy at least 2 serum for upgrading accessories per week.
      4. You said luna will be more rewarding. I am sorry could you explain me what is the more rewarding in it?
      5. Make mobs drop more crafting items and items for selling.
      6. Devianion skills - make the boxes selectable. Let us get the skills which we need. Make gold ignots cheaper. It is so expensive now and not rewarding to spends endless hours in farming to buy 3 gold ignots every day. Even not to be because yeah you have not kinah.
      7. Transformation contacts - find way to provide us legendary transformation for our classes, without to spend you salaries for 5 years ahead on transformation contacts or getting loan from the bank for getting one.

The post was edited 2 times, last by shapash ().

• shapash wrote:

Senpai wrote:

Bored after making your set? Hum in this so exclusive and pointless interview with NCSoft developer I got an impression that the main on that update is to get fast and easy your set and fast and easy to enchant it. Then to focus over transformations for example. We know the philosophy of the patch but it seems GF can not understand it, so they had to use us as excuse to ask one of NCSoft devs why they made all changes :D :D :D :D :D :D . I am sorry I never saw anywhere we to want this interview with NCSoft developers. We want other things. We do not want NCSoft devs to spend time to expalin us something we know.
      Yeah, it is easy and pleasant to play at Korean server, but here is endless farming and nightmare. And no I wont get bored if I get ultimate pve and pvp set +15 full with manastones level 80. Opposite I will farm more all instances in order help others gear too. I will do more open word pvp, which I do love.

GF knew for this update an year ago and they had not time to prepare the new system and hero tests, even if they knew what will be changed. Of course no one in GF is playing AION so it is hard to for them to think and got an idea how to do things.

Farming endless mobs to get some crafting materials and craft something to extract it for fragments to evolve your pvp set, in case you get lucky and enchant it. May be after 1000 stones you can make something +15. I tried to enchant pvp hat with over 500 ancient pvp enchantment stones. This hat did not go more then +9. O yes it was so enjoyable that I do not have words to express it. Yes, everything is easy and pleasant (on Korean servers yes, here NO!!!!!) 5h beating mobs for mats for crafting and when i sold what i got from them it was 922 000. So generous .... I got rich. Now I enchant 1 year with this kinah, because I can find everywhere legendary enchanting stones and the rates for enchanting are so good. Everything becomes +15 from first try. No fails.

Prigga on Korean servers always drops 1 red item, here no .... Good luck getting something or making prigga if the group has not enough dps. Which leads to next over 90 runs in Holy tower and Nara and i still miss - weapon, necklage, breastplate, shoulderplates and wings ... It is so enjoyable to can not get even purple set. I really can not express my happyness. I am speechless.

Now even if you get purple item comes the next question, how to enchant it .... Yes, I enjoy I can not get purple enchanting stones. I am happy and I like to suffer and not be able enchant my pvp or pve set. I am so happy to play russian rolleate and be forced buy boxes which can give me ancient or purple pve or pvp stones. No thank you. Keep your rng boxes. I wont play russian roulette. I want have freedom to get legendary pve or pvp stones, without to be forced to play rng russian roulette.

Stigmas?!? You are kidding me right? 1 stigma enchantment stones costs as much as 1 gold pack!!!!! This is ridiculous, it is absurd and too expensive. O, I forgot stigmas are dropped from mobs. You can get stigma drop from each mob you kill. It is really easy to enchant you stigmas .... And yes, after enchanting your ultimate pve and pvp set to +15 and putting manastones level 80, after making kaisinel transformation and getting all devianion skills, yes it is time for stigmas. Only stigmas left unenchanted for us. We have everything else.

North America had way more rewarding Halloween event then us. We again got nothing.

I think it is time you start use your heads and provide us what we need. Give it to us but not as super mega giga ultra pay to win. Make it cheaper!! If you give us things cheaper more people will buy them. Also please change the advertisement of AION, because AION is not free to play!!!!!!!!

You must provide us:

1. More kinah ingame
      2. Legendary pve and pvp enchantment stones - you want rng, no problem. Put 2 boxes - one with random amount of pve legendary stones, second with random amount of pvp legendary stones.
      3. Shugo machine needs change. It is ridiculous to get 20 ancient pvp stones, 1 legendary pvp stone or 2 bags with random manastones for 1 month playing the game. In previous version we were able to buy at least 2 serum for upgrading accessories per week.
      4. You said luna will be more rewarding. I am sorry could you explain me what is the more rewarding in it?
      5. Make mobs drop more crafting items and items for selling.
      6. Devianion skills - make the boxes selectable. Let us get the skills which we need. Make gold ignots cheaper. It is so expensive now and not rewarding to spends endless hours in farming to buy 3 gold ignots every day. Even not to be because yeah you have not kinah.
      7. Transformation contacts - find way to provide us legendary transformation for our classes, without to spend you salaries for 5 years ahead on transformation contacts or getting loan from the bank for getting one.
      More kinah in game = Higher Economy which means everything just increases in price. The issue isn't the amount of kinah...it's people who are still stuck in patch 5 and don't understand what kinah is worth
    • this game is srsly flawed in its core.

Instead of adding actual content, koreans thought they should let the players farm for skills, for months and months, to keep them entertained. Lo and behold, ppl don't wanna play without their skills, especially cuz they're a huge gamechanger. Am I doing my arenas? No, I am not. Cuz I don't wanna struggle without my vital daeva skills.

Last 5 boxes have been a duplicate for me, and I still miss 2 of my most used skills. :c For all I know, next 10 will also be duplicates and this rly kills my mood to play. I am rushing nara/HT on several alts, number growing every week, but rly getting sick of it.

To make things more annoying, eventually there will be a minipatch that makes getting skillbooks easy af and u can craft them without a sweat. Screw the ppl that have been struggling till now xD

Far as I know, there is no box in the database that allows you to choose a skill. Reason being, most classes only use one of the 2 versions, so it would be rly quick if you could choose.

I think the most player friendly solution would be:
      - to add a weekly skill box in Hero Trials
      - GF should request the craft/merge skill book function for EU sooner
      - simply reward these without too much greed in events

As I said, the game is messed up in it's core, and a lot of spotlight falls on GF to try and make the game more user friendly.