A little bit more about manastones for chanter and ststs in legendary gear

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A little bit more about manastones for chanter and ststs in legendary gear

I want continue this discussion about gear and stats...
      On this weekend I made all my PvP gear to legendary (finaly). And now I'm thinking about manastones. Defenitly it will be crit strike, but is it worth or no to put in legendary gear not 80 lvl (couse on my server they are 7kk per each) but put there 60 lvl manastones?.. Ofc I will loose about 1.1k Crit Strike.. it is a lot, agree, but legendary gear is not the end gear, and all about money and manastones (how to get them).. In Ultimate defenitly 80 lvl.
      Now I have basic stats without buff: Phys atk 11.7k, Acc 9.1k, Crit 1.6k...
      With this stats I noticced that in pvp leather and plate parry and evade my skills very often.. maybe I shoul put some Acc manastones in gear for a while?
      So in the end I'm asking: What manastones or what stats you suggest me to rise up?
      P.S. Manastones is hard to get.. but it is another topic will be maybe. On my server (Hellion Asmo) Yeasterday for example Crit +39 cost 7kk and Crit +58 also cost 7kk.. Accur lesser - +60 (80lvl) acc cost 900k-1.5k. And this kind of stones are not too much at broker (1-5 maybe).

Also wana ask about how to get or farm manastones...
      There are some ways:
      - Farming mobs - a lot of time wasting and during hours or maybe days you can get nothing - it's not worth this - waste of time.
      - Luna dayly with alts - 1 box with random lvl 80 manastone (1 manastone in box) - 1 for 7 days (11 boxes per week) - it is not worth this, also waste of time
      - World boses - try to steal mob sfom ally or roll boxes in full ally - maybe, can be an option but not on my server where asmos wont go anywhere.. Even on boses.
      - ToCh - 70coins per each box with 1 random manastone 80lvl.. better to collect this coins for 6.5 patch where will be new grade of manastones (legendary and ultimate).
      - event - there was no event's with manastones yet.. maybe in incoming NY events will be.. but we don't know.
      Where else I can obtain manastones?
    • MaGa wrote:

You talk about PVP? Dont go crit or acc - go magic def. ;)
      Magic defence (as I know) is the 2nd main set, and 1st set is dps. In other words if you have good cleric in your group you need dps set mostly, but if cleric if not so good you need MD set. And also it will be nice to have set with healing boost but for pvp it is possible only at ultimate grade.
      So my questions is still open for your answers)
    • IMO MaGa is right, if u wanna focus on 1v1s then you can go for dps set first, but if u're going to do more open world/group instances it's better to have a defensive set as chanter. DPS isn't an issue for chanter in this patch, if u can resist more it's better :) Remember i said IMO at the :)
      easy mode - casual PvE hero
    • Look at Korean chanters, they only use magic def, because less damge from dots and dmg from magic classes which is toxic for chanters.

Chanters don't need more crit/acc in PVP - in pvp chanters need to survive! ;)

I add magic def on all new ulti parts and i got 6 parts now, so around 10k magic def = I can feel less dmg from sms/sorc dots/skills :D

But, get 1 set with crit, ONLY crit and your main set as magic def. :)
      Chanters have enough stats to be op in pvp with red gear.
    • Thanks a lot... will calculate stats in the evening and will check what manastones I need mostly.. maybe you guys right and I will use MD manastones in legendary...
      And here is additional question about manastones.. what is better magic defence or magic resist stones?
      As I know Madic defence decrease DMG from oponent and Magic Resist works like magical evasion fro oponent skills... I lean more to Magic Defence stones - is it right decision?
    • Im not saying magic def is bad but what are you talking about? Dots do literally zero damage be it sm dots or cleric dots. Thats the reason clerics can hardly kill anyone because dots do zero damage. Or do you think an infernal pain ticking for like 800 every 3 seconds is op?
    • iSTAN wrote:

Magic defense reduces all incoming magic dmg, so not only dots. Also he was not talking about dots only, he said :

MaGa wrote:

[...] less dmg from sm/sorc dots + skills. [...

Layyumi wrote:

iSTAN wrote:

Magic defense reduces all incoming magic dmg, so not only dots. Also he was not talking about dots only, he said :

MaGa wrote:

[...] less dmg from sm/sorc dots + skills. [...]

yes i can read thats why i said magic def isnt useless but dots are. Why do i have to explain thi
      I...ehm.....you mean dots-> 1-4k dmg is nothing + skills thrown at you at the same time? OH my, i bet you never met a 5+ part red sm/sorc before. :D Oh well..

You know what? Go for crit all the way, do what you have been told by EU players. Don't mind me at all, because i have no idea what im suggesting.