The current state of Gold Packs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The current state of Gold Packs

So gold packs have been around since Gameforge took over Aion, and i feel like it's somewhat a good way of having a type of monthly subscribtion...
      BUT... I think it's about time Gameforge reviews the aspects of the game they're blocking out for new players.

I'm sure most gold pack sales these days go to players that sell them to get kinah, or people 80/80ing their accounts for veteran rewards, so i don't see the point in restricting new players from so much essential content of the game, like lfg and broker... If i came to Aion today as a new player I'm pretty sure i would uninstall it before i even got to the point i was able to afford a gold pack from the broker.

I feel like you guys should look into a rework for the sake of keeping new players in the game.
    • Afaik, starter accounts still can't use lfg chat... you come into the game in a dead content area until you reach lakrum, can't talk in global chat, can't sell your items on the broker to make kinah to buy a goldpack, you're restricted when selling to vendor...
      I know some of these are really helping out with chat spam, but especially with the new trading limitations we all have i feel like it's pointless to restrict new players so much anymore.

Make it so that the reason to buy gold packs is veteran rewards and less cd on instances rather then blocking out all content for new players?
    • Ah well, my mistake. Hard to find out with the lack of information on the website... all I found was

''By activating a Gold Pack you will become a Gold User for 30 days. During this time you can enjoy advantages as well as more rewards in fortress battles or the opportunity to visit instances more frequently. All game options are unlocked - for example, you will be able to use the complete chat as well as all trading functions.
      Once the pack expires you will revert to the status you had before the Gold Pack was activated.''
    • Hmm in my opinion gold packs now are fine. Could be better, because there is no veteran system going (platinerk or how it's called will be implemented soon I think), but as far as getting gold pack as a free player it's fine. It costs about 20-30 kk in hellion server and you can get that money, by just doing garden + mirash weekly.

Getting kinah for all other activities in game(enchant, reidentification, minions etc.) is another matter.
      RNG is cancer
    • Kazuna wrote:

Afaik, starter accounts still can't use lfg chat... you come into the game in a dead content area until you reach lakrum, can't talk in global chat, can't sell your items on the broker to make kinah to buy a goldpack, you're restricted when selling to vendor...
      I know some of these are really helping out with chat spam, but especially with the new trading limitations we all have i feel like it's pointless to restrict new players so much anymore.

Make it so that the reason to buy gold packs is veteran rewards and less cd on instances rather then blocking out all content for new players?
      As stated, everyone can talk on LFG and every map is a "dead area" because levelling up to lakrum is very fast even for new players. I also don't know how not having a gold pack blocks out all content for new players since you can do every quest and go into every instance without a gold pack and since 6.X gold pack prices have gone down a lot in-game making it easier for new players to buy one of the broker.
      For most people gold pack is already only for more entries in instances and to use broker since veteran rewards will be removed in the future.
      NEW FORUM HERE: forum.aion.gameforge.com/
    • Senpai wrote:

For most people gold pack is already only for more entries in instances and to use broker since veteran rewards will be removed in the future.
      Afaik, only Holy Tower got nerfed entries if you don't don't have gp (atleast from lvl80-ish instances), so i would say only reason of having gp is using broker/shugo machine/getting luna from vet rewards
    • The issue is that all new players and new accounts have to continuously use a gold pack, or they revert back to the state where they never had a gold pack....Hopefully this will be corrected with the new platinerk system. I can understand why it has remained in place up until now, because obviously there are a few players with 2, 3 or more accounts which aren't veteran status...but there needs to be a way for newer players to achieve veteran status.