Gunner pve/pvp build

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gunner pve/pvp build

Hi, I just became level 80 Gunner and I have no clue about gunners, last time I played was with SM and Sorcerer like 4-5 years ago.
      I tried to google builds for gunner but everything was from 2017 and I don't know if its still relevant so if someone can provide me with pvp+pve build for gunner (stigmas, armor sets, weapons) I will be more than thankful. :)

P.S: If someone can also please explain me a bit about what is going on with this new mechanics like magical crafting, minions, all those new instances(the only one I know is the good old dredgion), enchantments, weekly's, luna etc...
    • I don't play gunner so I can't help you with that.

Magical crafting
      This replaced all the old crafting and it's used to craft gear that you can extract for fragments (to upgrade other gear) or to sell, or to use.
      It goes as followed:
      Gather materials (broker or open world + NPC) -> Craft materials to craft gear -> Craft the gear you want with the materials -> Hope for a 'crit' which procs your crafted gear into a noble version.
      You need noble versions of gear to try and craft a higher grade.

Minions
      These replace some of the pet options. They will alert if enemies are near, they can auto-loot and can buff you like automatically using food/drink/transformation scroll. (You need those items in your inventory).
      They go from D up to A grade and you can level them to unlock a skill and better versions. They also give you some extra offensive stats & HP while summoned.

PvE instances
      Feather items = Bracelet + Wings + Feather

Mirash Refuge = solo instance for ancient accessories & feather items
      Garden of Knowledge (3 man) = Ancient weapons +Armour + accessories + Feather items
      Holy tower = Legendary Armour + Feather items
      Narakkalli = Legendary Weapons + Accessories
      Prometun's Workshop = Legendary/Ultimate Armour + Feather items.
      Makarna of Bitteness = Legendary/Ultimate Weapons + Accessories

Runatorium is PvP 6v6 where you fight elyos or asmodian. It's like a small scale dredgion where in the middle of the arena a mob will spawn at 10 minutes remaining.

Transformations
      Now that running/attack/cast speed scrolls are removed, these transformations replaced those. You can (for now) get 2 free transformations per account per week on the Aion store. You can buy one in the gold sand store (per week) and with 180 shugo gold as well (1x per week)
      They are divided in grades Normal -> Large -> Ancient -> Legendary -> ultimate. To get the ultimate you will need to get it through combining Legendaries.
      You can combine transformations to get a higher grade but I would only suggest doing that with 4 or more so that you don't get a lower rank. 6 transformations combined will give the highest chance.
      NEW FORUM HERE: forum.aion.gameforge.com/
    • Senpai wrote:

I don't play gunner so I can't help you with that.

Magical crafting
      This replaced all the old crafting and it's used to craft gear that you can extract for fragments (to upgrade other gear) or to sell, or to use.
      It goes as followed:
      Gather materials (broker or open world + NPC) -> Craft materials to craft gear -> Craft the gear you want with the materials -> Hope for a 'crit' which procs your crafted gear into a noble version.
      You need noble versions of gear to try and craft a higher grade.

Minions
      These replace some of the pet options. They will alert if enemies are near, they can auto-loot and can buff you like automatically using food/drink/transformation scroll. (You need those items in your inventory).
      They go from D up to A grade and you can level them to unlock a skill and better versions. They also give you some extra offensive stats & HP while summoned.

PvE instances
      Feather items = Bracelet + Wings + Feather

Mirash Refuge = solo instance for ancient accessories & feather items
      Garden of Knowledge (3 man) = Ancient weapons +Armour + accessories + Feather items
      Holy tower = Legendary Armour + Feather items
      Narakkalli = Legendary Weapons + Accessories
      Prometun's Workshop = Legendary/Ultimate Armour + Feather items.
      Makarna of Bitteness = Legendary/Ultimate Weapons + Accessories

Runatorium is PvP 6v6 where you fight elyos or asmodian. It's like a small scale dredgion where in the middle of the arena a mob will spawn at 10 minutes remaining.

Transformations
      Now that running/attack/cast speed scrolls are removed, these transformations replaced those. You can (for now) get 2 free transformations per account per week on the Aion store. You can buy one in the gold sand store (per week) and with 180 shugo gold as well (1x per week)
      They are divided in grades Normal -> Large -> Ancient -> Legendary -> ultimate. To get the ultimate you will need to get it through combining Legendaries.
      You can combine transformations to get a higher grade but I would only suggest doing that with 4 or more so that you don't get a lower rank. 6 transformations combined will give the highest chance.
      Thanks alot for those explanations, anyone can help with gunner build?
    • stigma build?

aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/j0A0C0F0K0M0O0Z0Z75 1v1
      aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/j0E0C0F0K0M0O0Z0Z75 grp pvp
      aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/j0B0C0G0K0J0P0Z0Z75 pve

once u get the crit daeva skill, u might wanna consider not using pressure chamber, since it wastes crit ticks. will get "fixed" in 6.5

To give u a perspective for ur future goals,
      aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/j9A9C9F9K9M9O7J7P75 ideal build in 6.5 with +9s, replace BtE with blue dmg stigma for group pvp

Most important thing you should focus on is trying to get daeva skills, they are a HUGE gamebreaker for gunner. without them, gunner is without a doubt the shittiest class ingame
      Also, legendary pve gear > ancient pvp gear, even in pvp.
      And if you have an old pistol with 19% atk speed, feel free to use it in offhand, its a good tradeoff.

spam those instances!
    • Noctis wrote:

stigma build?

aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/j0A0C0F0K0M0O0Z0Z75 1v1
      aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/j0E0C0F0K0M0O0Z0Z75 grp pvp
      aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/j0B0C0G0K0J0P0Z0Z75 pve

once u get the crit daeva skill, u might wanna consider not using pressure chamber, since it wastes crit ticks. will get "fixed" in 6.5

To give u a perspective for ur future goals,
      aion.mouseclic.com/tool/stigma/j9A9C9F9K9M9O7J7P75 ideal build in 6.5 with +9s, replace BtE with blue dmg stigma for group pvp

Most important thing you should focus on is trying to get daeva skills, they are a HUGE gamebreaker for gunner. without them, gunner is without a doubt the shittiest class ingame
      Also, legendary pve gear > ancient pvp gear, even in pvp.
      And if you have an old pistol with 19% atk speed, feel free to use it in offhand, its a good tradeoff.

spam those instances!
      Thanks alot, so I need to get aether cannon as a weapon? not dual-pistols?
      And what are those 'daeva skills' and 'pressure chambe'r?
    • @Noctis same to me, happened on a ranger thread too. It keeps happening on the forum. My guess : problem of the forum's ''os''.
      I remember when i was new to the forums that moderators had to approve my messages in order for them to be visible. Might be the same thing now if it's not an forum engine problem.
      easy mode - casual PvE hero

The post was edited 1 time, last by iSTAN ().

• @Noctis @iSTAN Yeah that just happen, it shows 'a mod need to approve this message' or something like that, maybe because I am new here in the forum...
      Anyway, yesterday I entered Narakkalli with my friend and 4 more and when we got to the last boss they told us to leave because we are under geared (atm our gear is from the campigns and quests), so what instances we should do atm and what we should wait until we will get a nice gear to go for?
      I did also the solo instance (Mirash), got 2 rings there for pve, what should I aim for the bonus stats? magic attack & crit spell? I got 1 ring with crit spell only as a bonus stat, should I enchant it with stones?
      And also if someone can answer my previous questions on those deava skills/pressure chamber I will be glad :)

Sorry for all those questions because I am a little bit confused about all the new mechanics :D
    • MrNiceGuy wrote:

[...]
      they told us to leave because we are under geared (atm our gear is from the campigns and quests), so what instances we should do atm and what we should wait until we will get a nice gear to go for?

I did also the solo instance (Mirash), got 2 rings there for pve, what should I aim for the bonus stats? magic attack & crit spell? I got 1 ring with crit spell only as a bonus stat, should I enchant it with stones?

And also if someone can answer my previous questions on those deava skills/pressure chamber I will be glad
      [...]
      The first thing about gear is just BS, recently i've made a ranger alt and finished narakalli with mostly mirash/gok gear, and like 4 lakrum quest items. Was 2nd on dps in a group of ppl with legendary items. The gear isn't the problem, knowing ur pve rotation and knowing the instance mechanics is more important to finish it. If you really want to learn it, there are some good youtube tutorials about them so i suggest you go ahead and check them out. ( personally i think Kureji's guides are the best on youtube at the moment )

About stats, i suggest going for magic attack and hp for the accesorries and macc and hp for the armor pieces. The crit you get from ancient is not high enough to count on your overall dmg, so getting more attack/accuracy is more important imo to increase your dmg and accuracy ofc. I would go for HP as second mainly because LFG will always kick you if you have below ~40k hp, and secondly because with low hp there's a high chance of getting one-shot from some of the boss's skills.
      About enchanting ancient gear, i always enchant my ancient and legendary gear to +5, going above this value only on leg weapons and ultimate gear ( priority order: weapon > wings > neck > earrings > helmet > rings > sash > feather > bracelet > armor pieces) .

About gunner's daeva skills and rotations @Noctis @Rym @Squall may be able to help you here, i've got no exp with gunner. GL
      easy mode - casual PvE hero

The post was edited 1 time, last by iSTAN ().

• For gear go full Magic Attack / Magic Accuracy until you reach 13k Magic Accuracy (capped in all pve scenarios).

You must however also pick up HP as you gear up, you will need a minimum of 45.000 HP.

The best daevanion combo right now is: Concentrated Headshot + Concentrated Bombardment for burst (Guaranteed critical strike on an already powerful nuke); Always pick Load Magic Projectile over Load Cannonball. (Note that Load Magic Projectile also increases all damage you do by 10% and your atk speed by 20% for 5 seconds, synergy with Concentrated Headshot into Concentrated Bombardment).

Your full maximized DPS rotation consists of complex CD management of your skills together with your mana management resulting in an ever flowing switch between your cannon and pistol skills, with high importance on spamming Concentrated Bombardment in this patch as it deals it's high damage.

Because I did not play gunner in this patch yet, I cannot say for sure that Concentrated Headshot is a better choice over your main gun shot combo with 12s CD, alternating that with soul shot for MP recovery.

Some of @Noctis 's stigma choices are odd for me, but I can see how they could work out.
    • MrNiceGuy wrote:

@Noctis @iSTAN Yeah that just happen, it shows 'a mod need to approve this message' or something like that, maybe because I am new here in the forum...
      Anyway, yesterday I entered Narakkalli with my friend and 4 more and when we got to the last boss they told us to leave because we are under geared (atm our gear is from the campigns and quests), so what instances we should do atm and what we should wait until we will get a nice gear to go for?
      And also if someone can answer my previous questions on those deava skills/pressure chamber I will be glad :)

Sorry for all those questions because I am a little bit confused about all the new mechanics :D
      magic attack and magical acc bonus stats. u wont reach enough crit with gold gear for it to be noticable at all

Daevonian skills > press K and theres a tab with that name. u get em from random spawn shugos in instances

pressure chamber is aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/in…l&dbid=2052&setlang=en-gb, i mixed the names up cuz the stigma calculator was set on NA translations
    • Try to get conentrated headshot and bombardment as fast as posible and gear up as fast as possible cause with 6.5 bombardment will get utterly nerfed.
      It will get like 4-5 times more cd whit less overall dmg.

Stigmas are not as important as those 2 skills right now. Try to allway use your safe crit buff for juggernaut cannon and bombardment. This way you can even compete with a sm in terms of dmg. Remember that you can reload your crit buff and even when if it is on cd use bombardment anyway since it is you best dmg skill so keep it on cd.

Try to have fun with your gunner in 6.2 since it will get immensly nerfed in 6.5.
    • @Lyneza90 thats wrong, the 7s > 30s cd nerf wont happen in 6.5, RU 6.5 didnt have it, ours won't either.

neither will the nerf of enhance projectile hits being able to crit.

so 6.5 gunner will be one of best classes around

conc headshot + enhance projectile > every add dmg hit will also crit for 2.5s + all the skills

so the "big nerf" will come with 7.0 and tbh im not sure if its such a big nerf either, but thats a topic for another day. either way, thats a nice 9 months away for us xD
    • Thanks alot to everyone about the information :)
      some other question I came across in game:
      1. Currently I have the normal stigma's and weapons that you get from quests without deava skills, is it normal that I am not doing alot of dmg in pve? (like, it takes me 1-3 minutes to kill the daily quest 'boss' and like 4-5 minutes to kill mirash refuge's boss)
      2. Do I need both dual pistols and cannon for pve and pvp? or only 1 type? what to get first if not?
      3. Can someone suggest me the best way to get mount without investing real money?
      4. sometimes in Lakrum I am getting messages about 'laboratory cube...' or something like that, what is it?
      5. Do I even need to bother with this 'magical crafting' or its not necessary? if yes, what should I craft?
      6. What are those playing cards I am getting for free from the aion shop? how do I use them?
    • 1. About quest gear : yeah it sucks try to get new parts from mirash and garden, and do the garrisons weekly quests (with some people if you can't solo) to buy the genesis crystals PvE gear to complete what parts are missing if you're in a hurry or having bad luck with instances. Enchant to at least your parts to +5. If you can, try to roll on your stats for what people said above.

2. I didn't play gunner since a long time, but I think it still the same thing, you need both dual pistols and canon, and find a good rotations of skills, you will be switching weapons a lot if you wanna play the class at full potential.

3. I don't know if there's a way to get a permanent mount from the game right now, it's either gonna be in an event or shop. There's a temporary mount in the gold sand shop (a car) for gold ingots but I'm not sure if it's worth to spend it on.

4. Yes it's an important instance, it plays like the weekly luna instance just different skills. When that message appears it says in which garrison it spawned the entry, and it shows it in the map. There's limited entry spots so you need to hurry there, you can do it 7 times a week and at the end you get cubes that augment your stats, keep an eye out for a bonus cube that spawns sometimes in the bridge. (the stats you get from the cubes are shared for all your characters in the same account, like the unlocked transformations)

5. It depends for you, you will need a lot of kinah, time, patience. If you wanna compete in PvP you will need it, to craft PvP parts and break them for a mat needed to upgrade your gear. But if you get a proc version (noble) you might wanna use it or try for the next tier (ancient -> legendary -> ultimate), to try for a higher tier part you need the proc version of the previous tier. Craft gear PvP or PvE are the best second gears you can get in game, PvE is not worth crafting you can get from instances better, PvP you can use t'ill you upgrade your garrison gear. Crafting is straight forward, you craft the desired scrolls (just make sure your are doing the ones for your crafting level, always craft the higher level available), and when you reach the level for the gear you can start crafting some parts.

6. Those cards are for an event, if you have plenty of space take them, if not leave them in mail, go check the event page or forum post about it (it's just an event that requires money if you wanna have a chance for something good).
    • And these 'storm kririn' boxes from the broker that people sell, those are not pema mounts?
      and I heared that you can get those from gold pack shugo gold or something like that, is that true?
    • Yes you can find some mount boxes in the broker if you have the kinah for it, I suggest you look up the box and the mount itself on a database to see how it is and if it is permanent, for exemple the storm kirrin is this one : aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/190100209, normally from the name it says if it's permanent or not (7 day, 30 day etc...).

The mount boxes with the shugo gold / vova coins are expensive so you'll need to save up a long time, it gives you a random one, there's a cheaper box but it's not permanent mount.