Why gearing up fast should be a good thing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sophisticated wrote:

Gameforge eradicated what could have been a devent patch
      Well, what's better over there? Obtaining transformations/echantment stones cheaper eventually, a different reward system. But we would have no veteran rewards and still the same issues with rates and the lack of content. I never glorified the patch, because I expected it to be "not enough" and especially this is a failure in game design. Certainly they threw useless maps at us such as Kaldor or Akaron at us before, but lots of games found a way to provide old maps with a purpose. Aion didn't at all - they just keep on designing and deleting them.

Sophisticated wrote:

This is why i liked 5.8. Even f2p ppl could easily reaxh +20 ( like me). You had alot of instances, alot of items to farm.. I miss those extra things.
      I think their issues/failures started at different points. There's 4.8 where they started deleting maps and throughout 4.x more items to enchant endlessly were added and limits removed. Then they had a well-designed instance in 3.x with Tiamat's Fortress where bosses were individual and dropped stuff equally - afterwards they started with timers, one-boss instances and long, boring instances (Sauro). Regarding Runadium they at least thought about a quest where you could obtain a weapon after a while (though the stats were horrible, however...). For some reason this wasn't repeated and they reverted to an old loot system where only one will benefit from a run. The PvP gear system isn't necessarily good or bad, but considering the rates is more based on luck than old systems.
      In my opinion Dred fell for example with the Chantra Dredgion (51-55) where it was suddenly possible to just rush things. Other Dreds then focussed on farming items or mechanics/items only.
      However it became easy again to obtain basic gear and everyone's still limited, no matter if some might be quicker or not (or have to struggle more).

Some things will become easier in the future, such as enchanting to some extend, but the content issue will remain - and 5.8 was boring at some point as well when playing got reduced to farming kinah.
      Regarding 6.2 I can now mostly focus on Makarna and enchantment stones - and maybe PvP gear. After 3 months. Certainly a matter of luck, but still not that much time I guess and I'm not that positive about 6.5.
    • Make pvp gear easy to get and other boosts + pve stuff harder. Simple as that.

PvP is a enjoyment as itself already, it should not be "Achivement to get gear in". This is why for exaple Counter-Strike:Global, Dota2, Fortnite, Pubga etc. are still very popular, because you can gear up fast and enjoy the gameplay. Everyone are in equal gear position and everyone can still fight back even if other got more gear. Unlike Aion.

PvP should be enjoyed as a PvP event, not "Who pays most and wins". This is something I dont understand why there needs to be "Long term gearing" in pvp. I would love to go out and pvp 24/7, but thanks to how it is now, I am actually considering more and more quiting the game than actually enjoy pvp. I can't even enjoy because of my failure RNG constantly.
      :cookieshugo:
    • The game was like that during 3.0-4.0. People had their AP 60/65 +15 with TF or Kata/Runa weapons in 5-6 months without trying. Nolifers did it in in 3-4 months at max. And people didn't quit because guess whay, there was PvP and fun PvE. And I'm not talking about PvP instances, I'm talking about Tia eye and Katalam PvP. And PvP was fun. Everything was more grounded and balanced. I personally thought that 6.x would bring that old feeling back, but it didn't.
    • Popsicle wrote:

The game was like that during 3.0-4.0. People had their AP 60/65 +15 with TF or Kata/Runa weapons in 5-6 months without trying. Nolifers did it in in 3-4 months at max. And people didn't quit because guess whay, there was PvP and fun PvE. And I'm not talking about PvP instances, I'm talking about Tia eye and Katalam PvP. And PvP was fun. Everything was more grounded and balanced. I personally thought that 6.x would bring that old feeling back, but it didn't.
      Exactly what he said.

Also. If we get a (mayor) patch every year or so. Doesn't it make sense for f2p people to take 6-8 months to get the full set and p2w 3-6 months so they can enjoy the game at max? Now it will actually take people longer than a year to gear up
    • It's not about progressing fast, it's about a steady progression that makes you feel like you accomplished something. Every day you should walk away from the game thinking okay, I did THAT today and it was worth it.

However can you truly say that in current Aion? How long does it take for a free user to get an Ancient Transformation? What about Legendary Gear?
      RNG is simply not the direction you want your game heading towards. Sure, some elements can be RNG, but I want to know that if I do "X" "Y" amounts of time I can get "Z". Nothing is guaranteed in Aion however, so you can end up wasting months and with bad RNG you can have.. absolutely nothing.

Okay, they made leveling easier, however by the end of 5.8 that issue was solved and in my opinion that was the best amount of exp needed to get to end game, it forced you to do adma/ele lab/kroban/arkhal which gave great exp and made you group with people, making you learn your class.

I think Aion suffers from this problem of new patches sucking, 5.0 was terrible, absolutely terrible. But 5.8 was in my opinion pretty solid. But I think it got ruined towards the end before I quit, but at one point it had a perfect balance of p2w, as in, you had to actually play the game to upgrade your gear to l80, APES and Serums were supplied in a decent amount, leveling was made easier.

So maybe 7.0 will deliver the same kind of fixes, however its gonna be late as always.
    • Feels great to save 1 week of enchant stones just to fail them trying to enchant ancient gear to +15. Im talking about almost ancient 200 stones and 10-15 legendary stones, rng is really a B in this game right now. I feel like i wasted a week playing aion when unlucky rng happens.
    • That's what Aion has always been. If you had bad RNG you weren't gonna to socket 5-6 slots with manastones (Especially in the times where all 5 dissapeared if you failed the 6th) and have +15 gear even after working for weeks/months except in 5.5 where you could go to +15 with mighty sups.
      But yeah, the amount of RNG is being raised more and more.
      NEW FORUM HERE: forum.aion.gameforge.com/
    • This also frustrates even more on dead servers being on the losing faction.

The winning faction gets double the amount enchantment stones than losing side. So while losing side keeps failing constantly still on Ancient gear, the winning side (which is actually very noticeable) keeps getting messages "Has upgraded to Ultimate." "Has upgraded to ultimate" "Has upgraded to ultimate"

While someone on losing team gets their first legendary, whole LFG goes "GZ!"
      :cookieshugo: