Why gearing up fast should be a good thing

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Why gearing up fast should be a good thing

      I saw the last Deava tavern, talking about long game goals..how plp dont have goals after getting max geard etc. And I dont agree. In my opinion we should be able to gear up to max in a month/2 months to also play other classes.
      I like to try diffrent classes @ max potential aswell but DONT wanna wait 100 years to be able to play all classes..

      What are your thoughts about it?
    • It was like that. You could gear up in around two (if you nolife) up to four months if you knew what you're doing back in 3.x - 4.0. Nobody quit when they maxed out their gear. They kept doing sieges and PvP, instances etc. All this "people will get bored" is total bollocks. Do they have so little faith that Aion can be fun even when you are max geared? Sheesh. Seems like an excuse to dish out even more casino shiz.
    • I have full legendary gear now after 3 months in Aion 6.0 .... now I need to upgrade it to +15 xD .... will probably take another 3-4 months, probably more because to get your legendary gear to +15 is way harder. And then I need to upgrade my red gear to +10 at least. Yeah... you need at least 10 months to 12 months to get your garrison gear to red and +10 (if u play really really active and if u dont! have several vet 80/80 accs or farming bots). And what a pity... after 12 months you will probably have the 7.0 patch and the gear process goes on and on and on.
    • Lemonzz wrote:

      I have full legendary gear now after 3 months in Aion 6.0 ....
      The funny thing is that you could do that in 6.5 in about a week or two max without using legendary enchantment stones, a new player that start on 6.5 will be full legendary in about 2 weeks.

      Even more funny is that if you keep going like you plan to, once 7.0 update hit, you will be in similar situation, all the legendary enchant stones you used in your gear will be wasted unless the gear is already +15 ultimate.

      This is happening because the total suply of legendary/untilmate enchant stones in AionEU is reduced and limited to just ingame default suply versus the unlimited suply of cash shop in AionKR, while the patch/updates are coming in the same time/delay as AionKR had.

      This means that 6.5 update and changes makes sense on the equipment level of AionKR players had at that moment, but makes absolutely no sense in AionEU due to the ''long term goal'' vision.
      We gonna get ''fixes or updates/changes'' that where added in a specific situation (AionKR progresion/gear level), and we dont have that situation here.
    • Alright guys here's why gearing up fast is a good thing:

      1. 6.x is a filler expansion meant for experimentation into what works well as a f2p Aion (Korea only went f2p in 6.x) which is why things are so restricted and also why the entire expansion was rushed to the finish. 7.x is the real expansion and fixes most of the issues that 6.x has, these include:

      - Easier acquisition of transformations without the use of the cash shop.

      - You can exchange Ancient PvP enchantment stones into Legendary PvP enchantment stones.

      - You can exchange Legendary PvP enchantment stones into Ultimate PvP enchantment stones.

      2. Refer to reason 1.

      3. Oh also 7.0 has a better map.
    • sorry but the whole 7.0 is an empty patch. If not the painter, there would be nothing there.
      Dumah is just a combination of tiamaranta and kaldor. An empty map that has nothing to offer in between sieges.
      You get 1 super easy instance (that was finished on day one), and a copy of an instance people have been running for the past 11 months (hard prometun). Not like NC has a bazillion different instances they deleted over the years that they could have reintroduced. No. Instead, they went retarded way and made a f copy with mobs that have a little bit more HP so you couldn't solo them anymore.
      UUuuu what an amazing patch.

      - 1 gray contract a day is not going to fix anything. You are only getting it because in Korea, most players are p2winners with a pathological need to be "the best" and spend a lot of money thus already having the best transformation they can afford. The rest get scraps.

      - Ultimate exchange scrolls are only for the legions that capture blessed altars. Also, you only getting them because of the same reason as contracts. Most koreans already have +15 gear because they bought stones from the shop. Rest is getting a limited exchange (a year after 6.0) because if they didnt shop yet, they wont now.
    • Enjoykin wrote:

      +15 red gear in 2 month?
      m8 stop using hard drugs.
      Well for me, i would like to get full Ultimate Set within 2-3 months, so that i can spend the rest of the time until the next patch to enchant them or re-roll the stats to get the best possibly one (both of which would take a lot of time and Kinah).

      I don't really want to sit on just basic gears like i was during the 4.x time, when i only managed to get full Hyperion Mythic Set on one char after nearly 1+ year of playing the game (that to near the end of 4.8, with only few months left till 5.0), only because people from the Legion i was in helped me with that.
      My other alter chars didn't get the chance to get even a few parts of the set, as didn't get much chance to do the instance on them (because most LFG alliances only kept asking for GG players for Kata), and then it became outdated in 5.0.

      I just don't want a repeat of having to farm for a set for over a year again, resulting in the set becoming useless as soon as i complete it, because of new patch (which would happen when 7.0 comes out next fall possibly).
    • [NICK]zorach wrote:

      I just don't want a repeat of having to farm for a set for over a year again, resulting in the set becoming useless as soon as i complete it, because of new patch (which would happen when 7.0 comes out next fall possibly).
      Im sorry to tell you, but nobody except the people who buy multiple 80/80 acounts or the ones who spend Billions of kinah on broker to buy those enchants will have the current set complete, the rest will just be able to do maybe 2 or 3 piece ultimate+15 at most (and thats actualy too much optimistic) once 7.0 patch hits if the suply keeps the same as we currently have.
    • Daeny wrote:

      [NICK]zorach wrote:

      I just don't want a repeat of having to farm for a set for over a year again, resulting in the set becoming useless as soon as i complete it, because of new patch (which would happen when 7.0 comes out next fall possibly).
      Im sorry to tell you, but nobody except the people who buy multiple 80/80 acounts or the ones who spend Billions of kinah on broker to buy those enchants will have the current set complete, the rest will just be able to do maybe 2 or 3 piece ultimate+15 at most (and thats actualy too much optimistic) once 7.0 patch hits if the suply keeps the same as we currently have.
      I was talking about "farming" of Ultimate gears, not of max Enchanting them.

      What i was telling was that farming of gears shouldn't take so long that even a year isn't enough to get all the parts (which happened before to me already during 4.x time).
    • [NICK]zorach wrote:

      I was talking about "farming" of Ultimate gears, not of max Enchanting them.
      What i was telling was that farming of gears shouldn't take so long that even a year isn't enough to get all the parts (which happened before to me already during 4.x time).
      Well, that ''farming'' is basicaly enchanting the set, if you consider having +0 ultimate a ''complete'' set, then okay, i understand your point, but on this patch there is no ''complete set'' untill you are +15 ultimate, based on stats, the last step is from ultimate +0 to ultimate +15, you could see it as 3 gear comparison, but in truth there is 6 ''step''

      1-Ancient+0-14
      2-Ancient+15
      3-Legendary+0-14
      4-Legendary+15
      5-Ultimate+0-14
      6-Ultimate+15

      Each one of those are the stat gaps of the current gear, as i said before, 6.5 will make the step 1-2 useless enchanting with legendary enchants, just like 7.0 will do it on 3-4-5 on the current set, because if you are in step 5 or lower, you will jump back to step 3 of the new set in the case you want to enchange it.
      You only will be ''good'' if you are in step 6, because you will jump back to step 5 of the new set if you enchange it.
    • Xuemi wrote:

      Daeny wrote:

      Lemonzz wrote:

      I have full legendary gear now after 3 months in Aion 6.0 ....
      The funny thing is that you could do that in 6.5 in about a week or two max without using legendary enchantment stones, a new player that start on 6.5 will be full legendary in about 2 weeks.
      wait, what? xD teach me xD
      Ancient Enchantment Stones will have the same enchant chance at +10 - +15 on Ancient gear as Legendary stones have now.
    • Kelekelio wrote:

      sorry but the whole 7.0 is an empty patch. If not the painter, there would be nothing there.
      Dumah is just a combination of tiamaranta and kaldor. An empty map that has nothing to offer in between sieges.
      You get 1 super easy instance (that was finished on day one), and a copy of an instance people have been running for the past 11 months (hard prometun). Not like NC has a bazillion different instances they deleted over the years that they could have reintroduced. No. Instead, they went retarded way and made a f copy with mobs that have a little bit more HP so you couldn't solo them anymore.
      UUuuu what an amazing patch.

      - 1 gray contract a day is not going to fix anything. You are only getting it because in Korea, most players are p2winners with a pathological need to be "the best" and spend a lot of money thus already having the best transformation they can afford. The rest get scraps.

      - Ultimate exchange scrolls are only for the legions that capture blessed altars. Also, you only getting them because of the same reason as contracts. Most koreans already have +15 gear because they bought stones from the shop. Rest is getting a limited exchange (a year after 6.0) because if they didnt shop yet, they wont now.
      Well I would also like to go back to the start of 4.x times when rank mattered, when you would buy the gear and enchant the gear and that's it with no bullshit accessories enchanting or feather or bracelet or slot stones or no supply of enchantment stones.

      But alas that time will never again come.
    • [NICK]heeyitsme wrote:

      You could gear up in around two (if you nolife) up to four months if you knew what you're doing back in 3.x - 4.0. Nobody quit when they maxed out their gear. They kept doing sieges and PvP, instances etc. All this "people will get bored" is total bollocks.
      Well in PvP that might've been the case, but just like PvP changed, PvE did. They removed lots of content compared to before. In 5.x we had about 10 instances that could be done every week. Now we have half of those left. In regards of PvP they removed common instances and arenas as well. Crafting was reduced significantly, farming is about crafting stuff, camps and sieges were reduced, maps were reduced, the levelling process is far easier and difficulty is mostly artificial now. At the same time the servers are (at least here) rather peaceful. Most people don't attack you unless they're notorious PvPlers or suddenly feel strong because of their gear - and you can even roll over a significant amount of players with PvE only gear because of the changes.
      Since Honour Points can only be obtained from sieges doing dred-like instances will be quite useless once you have your gear. Same for pve instances, well ok, there's the kinah still. PvP? Without useful rewards it's not that interesting for people either unless they're doing it either for the thrill or the domination aspect.

      Certainly I don't welcome "possible ultimate drops" in instances or the fact that you're forced to kick everyone out in order to maximize your own progress, but it's like this. There are different reasons why 6.x can't be compared that easily to other patches. NCSoft keeps on shrinking Aion without offering real alternatives. There were patches where I felt that PvP or sieges were rewarding, but dreds changed into farming instances over time, interesting stuff such as the gold arena was removed and sieges turned into something that requires no tactic. I think the last eventful siege I had was in old Katalam.

      There's not much of a future either. If they keep us from receiving good transformations future content might be partly impossible while they keep on recycling and nerfing stuff no one cares about.
      Before you weren't able to reach the true maximum because of the "limitless upgrades". Now there's an end to this. I agree that there'll be indeed boredom if you log in one day to play either economy simulator or roll over a few people. Even if you look for "serious equal PvP" there'll be a limit if nothing changes at all over time.
    • The death of reshanta was for me a major blow to this game. But given the fact they did not remove it but only closed it ( much like core- which was sealed not removed) expect it to come back one way or another. People who asvocated 6,0 did it for good reason, they though the idea of capped gear, easier leveling, new map, new things made it look promissing. Gameforge eradicated what could have been a devent patch, but even if they didnt do that and it was perfect we would still be complaining because the game doesnt offer you a big world anymore. This is why i liked 5.8. Even f2p ppl could easily reaxh +20 ( like me). You had alot of instances, alot of items to farm.. I miss those extra things.