[Discussion Thread] New Years Event

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Galeas wrote:


      Regarding XP boost we said it's really fast and we would have done it differently. Now the whole logic of the patch is that it's fast, we accept it and we never considered changing that. I don't see why helping new players getting there even faster or other players having other characters to the max level would be a bad thing. We are always trying to have events for new players and for "old" players in the same time as much as possible. Not always the case but most of the time it is.
      Why would I want another character up to level 80 if the game not even allows me to gear up 1 character in the first place (some long term goals apperently).

      Secondly. Do we even have the Treasure island of courage instance? I haven't seen it at all and questions about this have been unanswered.
    • Sjaakjuh wrote:

      Galeas wrote:

      Regarding XP boost we said it's really fast and we would have done it differently. Now the whole logic of the patch is that it's fast, we accept it and we never considered changing that. I don't see why helping new players getting there even faster or other players having other characters to the max level would be a bad thing. We are always trying to have events for new players and for "old" players in the same time as much as possible. Not always the case but most of the time it is.
      Why would I want another character up to level 80 if the game not even allows me to gear up 1 character in the first place (some long term goals apperently).
      Secondly. Do we even have the Treasure island of courage instance? I haven't seen it at all and questions about this have been unanswered.
      Island itself was destroyed. We only have chests.
    • [NICK]Nutter wrote:

      Galeas wrote:

      @ResIpsaLoquitur
      Not playing on words just stating facts as always.

      Whenever I have an answer on a topic I'll provide it. If I'm not answering then I have no answer.

      I don't have anything to communicate about shop promotions and global strategy related to the shop as it is not something I'm responsible for. If there would be more info on that it would be through global communication like the daeva's tavern or official news.

      Regarding XP boost we said it's really fast and we would have done it differently. Now the whole logic of the patch is that it's fast, we accept it and we never considered changing that. I don't see why helping new players getting there even faster or other players having other characters to the max level would be a bad thing. We are always trying to have events for new players and for "old" players in the same time as much as possible. Not always the case but most of the time it is.

      Some of the info in the events news were wrong: the one about Dredgion and possibility to get a key for all group, it's for one person instead (news was updated). The rest as far as I know is correct.
      I actually feel sorry for you @Galeas, but after watching the apologies from PD Tom I have nothing but disdain for Gameforge as a whole. You offer us a discussion thread to air our views and to ask what we want, then a month or more later you are still putting this rng rubbish in the shop, proving once again the old P2W Aion is back with a vengeance. Really we ask for the most basic need to play the game, at least as it was before, regarding attack speed and speed etc, ancient transformations give us this need, some are lucky but the majority are not and are running around with at best green transforms and some even greens but the wrong type. You put these needed transforms in your cash shop then you hide them behind a massive rng box over and over again, you have learnt nothing from all the feedback or you just don't give a damn about your customers, you saw what the person earlier in this thread got from spending 1300 coins and this is Gameforges way, milk your playerbase until one of two things happen. First they quit and never return, good riddance, second they stay but never use your shop again, both ways GF loses out, no income or at worst no playerbase.Sure the whales will provide your income for a while, until they get bored because players have vanished so they have no-one to beat up and bully 24/7, until they to quit. If this is your long term goal then congrats its working as required, if its a mistake again then maybe another sorry will cover it, I seriously doubt it though. If you really want to have long term goals then maybe first you should consider having a long term game. Peace out.
      Ok just a supplement to my little rant I actually feel quite bad now, I received 4 gold keys from the normal treasure chests and proceeded to purchase one key from shop ( 29 NcCoin ). Having five in total and being impatient led me to the 5 key "A" class box, guess what I received an ancient Cat transform, the one and only box I opened so rnjebus was watching over me tonight. As I said I feel quite bad after ranting a little earlier but that statement still stands even though I have been lucky. No hard feelings and I hope everyone gets a little luck on the way.
    • [NICK]Nutter wrote:

      I received an ancient Cat transform, the one and only box I opened so rnjebus was watching over me tonight. As I said I feel quite bad after ranting a little earlier but that statement still stands even though I have been lucky. No hard feelings and I hope everyone gets a little luck on the way.
      the fact u rant at gameforge for the RNG in aion in the first place is already misplaced
      Divine
    • Galeas wrote:


      Some of the info in the events news were wrong: the one about Dredgion and possibility to get a key for all group, it's for one person instead (news was updated). The rest as far as I know is correct.
      Then for the love of all things RANDOM PLEASE make it a gold or even green item so that we can bloody ROLL on it and not feel aggro towards the one fastest to loot!!!
      ... Namaste Bishes...

      If you can fix it - don't worry about it.

      If you can't fix it - WHY worry about it?
    • Yumichan wrote:

      Galeas wrote:

      Some of the info in the events news were wrong: the one about Dredgion and possibility to get a key for all group, it's for one person instead (news was updated). The rest as far as I know is correct.
      Then for the love of all things RANDOM PLEASE make it a gold or even green item so that we can bloody ROLL on it and not feel aggro towards the one fastest to loot!!!
      Tbh Im not mad about random etc cuz rewarda are not worthy to stress about them. Im more angry about thinking :”why do we need to fix that, lets just change description of that event”.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Kenziaczek ().

    • Sjaakjuh wrote:

      Why would I want another character up to level 80 if the game not even allows me to gear up 1 character in the first place (some long term goals apperently).
      Secondly. Do we even have the Treasure island of courage instance? I haven't seen it at all and questions about this have been unanswered.
      The fact that you don't want to do something doesn't mean everyone feels the same way ;)

      Treasure Island is not working with 6.2 for now. I think NC is currently modifying it. We will see if we can run it later.
    • Galeas wrote:

      Sjaakjuh wrote:

      Why would I want another character up to level 80 if the game not even allows me to gear up 1 character in the first place (some long term goals apperently).
      Secondly. Do we even have the Treasure island of courage instance? I haven't seen it at all and questions about this have been unanswered.
      The fact that you don't want to do something doesn't mean everyone feels the same way ;)
      Treasure Island is not working with 6.2 for now. I think NC is currently modifying it. We will see if we can run it later.
      But isnt it what most of players think?
      Is there any plans to add drop buff any time soon @Galeas??
      We need help with fear not with lvl up our alts
    • @Galeas dont know why you keep claiming and act proud that only 1 person has kaisiniel when he is a known player known to dump more money into the game then your systeam can process. kaisiniel is not even a long term goal is a dilusional goal long term goal is legendary transformation but at this point im going to get 5 star deity transformation before i get gold or legendary
      and some people whith alt accounts got legendary from first free scrool on there low lvl character on first day how is that long term goal?
      player that plays since realese of 6.2 active runs around on a green transform
      player that started last week opens free contract gets legendary transform
      meanwhile you guys siting here acting like its long term goal how about some honesty and at least admit That this is just gambling??
    • Galeas wrote:

      Sjaakjuh wrote:

      Why would I want another character up to level 80 if the game not even allows me to gear up 1 character in the first place (some long term goals apperently).
      Secondly. Do we even have the Treasure island of courage instance? I haven't seen it at all and questions about this have been unanswered.
      The fact that you don't want to do something doesn't mean everyone feels the same way ;)
      Treasure Island is not working with 6.2 for now. I think NC is currently modifying it. We will see if we can run it later.
      The fact we had so many alt for kinah event because you dont apply platinerk and hero trials from october.
    • Divine wrote:

      [NICK]Nutter wrote:

      I received an ancient Cat transform, the one and only box I opened so rnjebus was watching over me tonight. As I said I feel quite bad after ranting a little earlier but that statement still stands even though I have been lucky. No hard feelings and I hope everyone gets a little luck on the way.
      the fact u rant at gameforge for the RNG in aion in the first place is already misplaced
      I think you need to re-read my post, the Aion rng rant I was referring to is the cash shop rng. There has always been rng in Aion as indeed there is in most games, but the fact that the rng is forced upon us from every angle is the reason for the rant. Buying items in a game to progress a little is fine but when its hidden behind so much rng that is plain wrong
    • Playing this since 2.7 and Im very disappointed in game since 6.2 tons of ppl quit mostly bcs of this transformation system game is impossible to play with sin or bard for example you have soooo low attack/cast speed that its just too disqusting to play.Im in few lucky ones wich get ancient transformation but that still didnt make this game eny better.I understand that GF need profit but why to put this RNG potato event this will not make game eny more playabe .....I cant belive that I saying this but I wish that p2w 4.0 or 5.0 times will back....why you didnt remove transformation system I know just by reading forum and lfg that 99% of ppl dislike it why you just didnt remove it ...or atleast make it more accessible via game. My half legion still have green transformation and they play evry day since patch wake up.GF did you try to play sin,glad,temp or sorc with green transformation with opposite stats well I guess that you didnt if you play like that 3day top you will quit,if you continue like this in 1 year there will be less ppl playing this for sure and I didnt mention enchanting,crafting and drop rates wich are very below normal .
    • It is always "very soon we will be having more opportunities to get contracts" and in the end it is always stupid rng on the level of "use x keys (which drop with a chance and you have to roll with a chance) to have a chance of getting Y key (which is stupid low) and use those Y keys to have a chance of getting the contract your class needs to actually function".

      Hero trials were supposed to be "soon". Everything is always "soon" but we are already 4 months in and a lot of people are still running around with green transform or ancient not for their class. When that is the BASIC need of some classes to not feel awful to play as. This makes people quit, and it is happenning fast, for a very good reason. Legendary transforms are already like 1 year away goals for one (you might get lucky and get a great one for your class or you might not...), with Kaisinel looking like an impossible goal. This is utter crap, frustrating and insulting.
      This event is just another insult to the community, because they clearly know what we need. But hell, maybe when the player population falls to alarming levels they will take action.

      But by then it will already be too late. They need to take action now, not "soon". Especially when their "soon" is whoever knows how many months away and until then playing say a sin feels like playing in slow motion. By the time they implement a way to get transforms that make a character feel satisfying to use most people will have quit. How many assassins you see in game, for example?

      :nothingtoseehere:
    • Galeas wrote:

      Sjaakjuh wrote:

      Why would I want another character up to level 80 if the game not even allows me to gear up 1 character in the first place (some long term goals apperently).
      Secondly. Do we even have the Treasure island of courage instance? I haven't seen it at all and questions about this have been unanswered.
      The fact that you don't want to do something doesn't mean everyone feels the same way ;)
      Treasure Island is not working with 6.2 for now. I think NC is currently modifying it. We will see if we can run it later.
      That's fair enough. However I already have multiple characters at level 80. My point is. I would love to play my chanter more. Sadly if I don't do the regular stuff on my main cleric that one will never gear up as the progression is way to slow. Multiple characters in these conditions is a no go.

      If treasure island is not working then may I ask why the whole event is named after it. I don't want to sound harsh here but it feels really unprofessional. Litterly all the items are named after it and u even mentioned that it will cost less luna to re-enter that instance. But its not even in the game?
      Personally I liked the events with instances the most. U actually had to do something. So when I read all the "treasure island of courage" stuff I thought we got an active event again. Sadly it's just afk or cash shop event.