Question to admins/staff members on 6.5 patch when it comes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Question to admins/staff members on 6.5 patch when it comes

Hello ive heard a lot of things lately like EU wont get the full 6.5 patch and it will be like in RU. With some adjustments(?). I know its just something i heard but can anyone from the staff team confirm that we get the full patch that was on KR?
    • I clarify what he means and I also would like to know: in Ru they had a different 6.5 update, for instance the change to skills has been slightly different (see: aiondb.ru/news/articles/newbies/375.html)
      In KR they had an initial 6.5 and then some following updates over the months.

Cases: 1) we get Ru-like update (custom) 2) we get incomplete 6.5 3) we get 6.5 + the other minor updates ?

I believe 2) is the most likely since we have always followed Kr
    • There's good reason why we wont get everything.

1. New daeva skills get added. They want us to farm them in instances and bs before adding the craft/combine skill books function. That would be too easy.

2. Too many skill changes. The ones added before 7.0 are rly big and gamechanging which is why they were excluded till 7.0 so that we can experience the other 2 skill changes we miss.

Keep in mind, we still miss a 6.2 skill change mini patch plus the one from 6.5.
    • The real reason behind missing minpatches is, that korea bundles a patch for all overseas regions on a set date. Everything after will not be included in that bundle and added in the next patch. We had an exception with 5.8 and a lot more minipatches, just because 6.0 changed the game in a way where the additional patches for the old content would be irrelevant and never playable for overseas regions. We can ask for some content from newer versions, but its the descision of NC KR if they want to support such changes. On top some changes can't be done in the overseas version. Also it is harder for them to maintain multiple different patch versions for each region, so they try to keep the basic content of all overseas versions more or less the same (I know some small stuff is differen here and there, but the basic patch is the same).

~ Sparx ~
    • Sparx wrote:

The real reason behind missing minpatches is, that korea bundles a patch for all overseas regions on a set date. Everything after will not be included in that bundle and added in the next patch. We had an exception with 5.8 and a lot more minipatches, just because 6.0 changed the game in a way where the additional patches for the old content would be irrelevant and never playable for overseas regions. We can ask for some content from newer versions, but its the descision of NC KR if they want to support such changes. On top some changes can't be done in the overseas version. Also it is harder for them to maintain multiple different patch versions for each region, so they try to keep the basic content of all overseas versions more or less the same (I know some small stuff is differen here and there, but the basic patch is the same).

~ Sparx ~
      hello thanks for ur answer.I dont think ifollow on the sentence "basic patch is the same".

Basic for me are a lot of stuff.Several skill changes on gunners/sins/sms and so on are basic. the 50%+ overall dmg buff on sins and some other melee classes is also basic for me.The daeva boxes crafting is also basic .So i dont rly understand the meaning of "Basic" here. A patch is a patch ,small changes can be i agree but not on something 'big' .

Btw i thought we get exact same patches with KR except luna(quna) and some other "minor" stuff.I think here i speak for all the community and say its a shame not to get the full 6.5 KR patch here,ppl are waiting for this so much including my self.Also KR is done with minipatches on 6.5 patch so we should get the full 6.5 with latest minipatches KR had in it,for that reason i dont see why we should have a "different patch" on some stuff and just have the "basic" patch which is not same mate :D .Its another thing to get a patch after 5-10 minipatches that are supposed to fix things and another thing get the patch without them.
    • Potatosin wrote:

Hello ive heard a lot of things lately like EU wont get the full 6.5 patch and it will be like in RU. With some adjustments(?). I know its just something i heard but can anyone from the staff team confirm that we get the full patch that was on KR?

Potatosin wrote:

Sparx wrote:

The real reason behind missing minpatches is, that korea bundles a patch for all overseas regions on a set date. Everything after will not be included in that bundle and added in the next patch. We had an exception with 5.8 and a lot more minipatches, just because 6.0 changed the game in a way where the additional patches for the old content would be irrelevant and never playable for overseas regions. We can ask for some content from newer versions, but its the descision of NC KR if they want to support such changes. On top some changes can't be done in the overseas version. Also it is harder for them to maintain multiple different patch versions for each region, so they try to keep the basic content of all overseas versions more or less the same (I know some small stuff is differen here and there, but the basic patch is the same).

~ Sparx ~
      hello thanks for ur answer.I dont think ifollow on the sentence "basic patch is the same".
      Basic for me are a lot of stuff.Several skill changes on gunners/sins/sms and so on are basic. the 50%+ overall dmg buff on sins and some other melee classes is also basic for me.The daeva boxes crafting is also basic .So i dont rly understand the meaning of "Basic" here. A patch is a patch ,small changes can be i agree but not on something 'big' .

Btw i thought we get exact same patches with KR except luna(quna) and some other "minor" stuff.I think here i speak for all the community and say its a shame not to get the full 6.5 KR patch here,ppl are waiting for this so much including my self.Also KR is done with minipatches on 6.5 patch so we should get the full 6.5 with latest minipatches KR had in it,for that reason i dont see why we should have a "different patch" on some stuff and just have the "basic" patch which is not same mate :D .Its another thing to get a patch after 5-10 minipatches that are supposed to fix things and another thing get the patch without them.
      You have to remebember it's one development team working for all the different regions, so at some point they need to set a cut off date, like Sparx said, so they can send it out so each region can then translate, localise record audio if they need to and then have that all compiled and sent back to them.

However if a region wishes to request that bundle earlier, they would be missing the newer patches, but other regions could request a later date, but that makes it much more harder for the korean team. It's not that they don't want to give us the full patch, it just means how many weeks longer do they wait? they don't always know if there will be bug fixes for a few weeks

If we don't get most of the 6.5, I think it would be good if GF could request a later patch for the rest of the content before 7.0 comes. Think it was an earlier patch like 5.0 where some of the content was missing and we ended up not getting it until 5.5