A new player - disabled one

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A new player - disabled one

Hello! I suffer from muscle atrophy, due to big muscle weakness I'm able to play only with mouse (pc) or touchpad plus X and spacebar buttons (laptop), cannot use RMB. Started to play Aion 2-3 months ago, just wanna point few things here:
      - usually I use a software called Alt Controller to extend my possibilities to play games. But Aion is ignoring output from it, making it useless, so I play with touchpad and X/space to rotate character. I really miss ability to turn camera or zoom in/out with keyboard (I'd use on-screen one)
      - game isn't very intuitive, without research player may get confused. Example: in full f2p, if you waste your free 7 day GP, you're screwed. Must create new account and use it after getting stuff to sell on broker to earn for next one
      - due to being slow, I play only solo PvE. But most PvE instances requires a group, and Mirash Refugee speed, so only Kubrinerk's instance left me. So I really lack of sources of kinah and must try to craft myself a gear.
      - please, add more hairstyles, clothes and ability to get old armors for skins :D
      - I like my character, refuse to use ugly transformations

Other than that, love the game :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Asamur ().

• I gave you a like and wish you great times in game.

Can only suggest you to look into other softwares (for instance razer synapse, corsair icue, logitech gaming software, or the freeware autohotkey) to customize your inputs.

Aion also offers an in game macro system, plus the possibility to create your custom skill chains.
      The macro system is old and quite slow but very useful for repetitive actions. You can even write a delay between skills in there.
      The custom skill chain system is rather new, it allows you to create a certain skill order to then assign it to a key. Then you need to press the button to activate your skills without moving around too much. You simply press the comfy button you have assigned your chain to.

Another idea could be using a mouse like razer naga, or a device like razer nostromo.

My advices come from a friend playing mmos and mobas, he is handless and suggested me that in the past years for players with limited input capacity.

Lastly do not be scared of trying other instances. Garden of knowledge is a great place to start, does not require excessive camera movement, and provides you great yellow gear. By doing that you will be able to make money. If you can do mirash you can do this easily, however garden is even easier in terms of path and mechanics.

As for the looks part I'm sure they will keep updating the shop and new patches always bring new hairstyles.

Good luck in Aion!
    • Thank you for reply!
      I did try AHK, but Aion seems to ignore even it. And I'm too weak to use more complicated multi-button mouse. But I use macros, indeed a great tool!
      I'd go to GoK, but don't wanna be a burden and slow down the team :)
    • Don't be afraid to do GoK, the worse that could happen is you waste 1 of your runs and not get loot, if people won't wait you. Most people can solo it, so you shouldn't be a burden.

Btw you can join a legion and do it with friends, I can invite you to my legion, just make a request to join "A Pack of Wolves" ;)
      RNG is cancer
    • Joining an English speaking legion would be a good idea. You'll need people who can help you out. Since you play on Hellion then you'll have trouble with communication because majority of the playerbase is Spanish. So joining random groups for GoK etc. could be pretty annoying. Also Aion is extremely new player unfriendly so good luck. :awink:
    • Asamur wrote:

Thank you for reply!
      I did try AHK, but Aion seems to ignore even it. And I'm too weak to use more complicated multi-button mouse. But I use macros, indeed a great tool!
      forget about that, just apply for a group, Gok is for begginners, so its an easy instance, dont be afraid. there is plenty of ppl that can even solo it. just go for it

welcome to aion and i hope u have a good time, despite the current game situation you can still find magic in this game....
    • Asamur wrote:

Thank you for reply!
      I can take you to GOK, HT and NARA (if elyos via server-wide) u just command your char to follow me :) I'm online mostly at evening (about after 7.00 pm GMT +3) ig nick: Hatsuo. And just a suggest logitech g300s mouse is an easy to attach macros and easy to reach buttons on it even can be used with one finger on it ;)
      Lifetime Daeva since 2009
    • New

Asamur wrote:

Thank you for reply!

you can try to start the AHK software as an administrator, some software like Logitech will only work if you are an administrator
    • New

My husband and I would also be happy to help with GoK etc - our names in game are Yumyumm and Jodecian (server is Hellion). We can both solo garden but try to take lower guys with us to help them out
      We’re on a lot but have moved to the US so it’s a time difference of GMT -7 and were not usually online before 20.00 or 21.00 gmt (in time for sieges).
      Good luck and have fun!
      ... Namaste Bishes...

If you can fix it - don't worry about it.

If you can't fix it - WHY worry about it?