BARD - Prometun - SKILL Rotation

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Usually, you start with wind harmony chain to have that extra 10% magic attack boost for your whole group.
      After that, I usually use the frog, then mosky requiem to have a good DoT active, then use the horse chain, then disharmony (all big nukes one after the other so they get off cd as soon as possible).
      After that, use all other skills to fill the gaps until my nukes are off cd, then repeat.

      Using this, I do a little more damage to narakkalli boss than a sorc with even more magic attack than me (I have 11200 or so, while sorc had 11700).

      I had a run once with 2 sorcs, and still my bard did more damage than them, according to dps meter ran by the cleric).
      I did 2.2m damage while both sorcs only did 2.1m damage total.
    • ^To be honest, the sorcs had to be trash then.

      I have 14k mag atk and I dont come anywhere near sorcs in prometun/makarna.
      Biggest issue in my opinion is that I have a ult pvp harp with leg pvp fuse for cast/atk speed.
      So assoon as I get makarna weap it might get better lel.

      Rotation, well, basicly what others said.
      Use Sound of Breeze a lot. between ever 3 skills or something allong those lines.
      Combine the atk speed buff with the wind harmony and soul harmony trees.
      Pop melody of purification between in there aswell every 8 seconds.
      In workshop they like that mana, especially chanters.

      Dont use sea variation, thats a waste of time.
      And I tend to hit Battle variation at the 2nd stage, not at the 3rd, takes too long to my flavour , only popping it for the chainskill.
      Perento Elyos - 65 Bard
      Deyla Elyos - 80 Bard
    • Sry for double Posting but i think its better this way :D

      My starting Rotation is atm like this

      - Mosky Requiem
      - Chery Melody (+500 PvEAtk and AtkSpeed)
      - March of the Bees (reduces Mdeff)
      - Chilling Harmony Chain
      - Disharmony
      - Illusion Variation + Tsunami
      - Fanstatic Variation (Vision)

      With an AtkSpeed - Transformation or Popoku, you should be able to use everything in combination with Cheery Melody and March of the Bees. And since Cheery Melody has 1 min CD and March of the Bees 30s you can use this combination after 1min. It would be like this every 1 min.

      - Mosky Requiem
      - Chery Melody (+500 PvEAtk and AtkSpeed)
      - March of the Bees (reduces Mdeff)
      - Disharmony
      - Fanstatic Variation (Vision)

      I know that your CD is lower when you upped your Stigma, but try to stick with this Rotation as far as possible.

      Outside from this Rotation you should weave Sound of the Breeze (SotB) inbetween every skill ! Its very important to maintain your dps. If you have SoD/WoW/ or the Chanter mini WoW then you can combine skills like i explained in my 5.8 guide.

      I will update my guide soon, but have to finish it in german first and then translate it into english :D too lazy for that atm :D
    • In terms of rotation, i have to agree with Sorayami. It works exactly the same with all of the other characters. Defence reduction skills first, boost skills second, weave. It sounds simple, but apparently for most of the players it isn't. Maybe you don't understand Sorayami's rotation and you wonder why isn't he using all the big skills at once? Well because all of that cast time is a dead time which reduces the DPS quite a lot, so alternating them with other skills + weave it will boost ur overall dps. As i said, this is for all the classes, not only bard.

      Now i want to say that if a bard has low dps with good items there could be 2 reasons for that.
      1. The main supp sux, and he has to waste time helping the team with healing.
      2. He's not focused on pve and his mindset is like 90% of players: let's just get over with, who cares about pve? Thus he spams biggest dmg skills first then he uses whatever is free.

      Good luck :)
      And remmeber, practice makes it better ;)
      easy mode - casual PvE hero
    • iSTAN wrote:

      He's not focused on pve and his mindset is like 90% of players: let's just get over with, who cares about pve? Thus he spams biggest dmg skills first then he uses whatever is free.
      Yes i think this is the main reason.
      But you have to have this in your mind that Bards arent DPS class in the first place. No matter how perfect you play, you wont ever get to an actual DD like Sorc etc.
    • I have to disagree, every class can be a DPS class ^^ and the rankings are set by gear + skill (80 / 20) where gear matters more unfortunately this patch. I've seen geared clerics overdpsing classes like glads, gunners etc. And yeah, i know you meant it in the ideal situation ( same gear and skill ). Enough off-topic, hopefully Keymaker's friend will improve thanks to this topic.
      You may want to send him to Sorayami's thread though ;) it's still usefull now, will be even more after update.
      easy mode - casual PvE hero
    • Okay, had to do some little testing, because I might not have known about mdef-modifier on sea variation :P

      Sound of breeze on dummy: 16.351
      Popped Sea Variation
      And sound of breeze did 16.776

      Now, even if thats not a big increase or whatever, Its still worth it.
      Especially, it doesnt matter if you pop sea variation in first stage or in third.
      The msup decreaser is the same in all the stage (when testing on dummy, so lets hope they are set for 6.2 and not have 200 msup in the first place :P)

      So yes, sea variation seems viable then, but then pop it with atk speed buff in combo with march of the bees and only double tap it for the debuff. The damage on it is low, so dont load it till third stage, thats still a waste of time imo.
      Perento Elyos - 65 Bard
      Deyla Elyos - 80 Bard
    • Wowie wrote:

      I'm asking because it's an atkspeed debuff
      thats a good question, i will pay attention to it the next time i go ^^


      Theyne wrote:

      So yes, sea variation seems viable then, but then pop it with atk speed buff in combo with march of the bees and only double tap it for the debuff. The damage on it is low, so dont load it till third stage, thats still a waste of time imo.
      Depend on the situation, if you have CS from Chanter, you should load until 3. stage. The same if your chanter is using in mini WoW all the time.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Sorayami ().

    • Theyne wrote:

      In this patch, cleric is not gonna outdps any class.
      [...]
      i said:

      iSTAN wrote:

      [...]
      the rankings are set by gear + skill (80 / 20) where gear matters more unfortunately this patch.
      [...]

      Wowie wrote:

      but does the sea variation debuff work on bosses?
      [...]
      On my newbie mostly gok geared bard, this msupp debuff is not working on any boss ( piton, Cursed Ovel/Shureik, Nergal)
      easy mode - casual PvE hero
    • Sorayami wrote:

      Sry for double Posting but i think its better this way :D

      My starting Rotation is atm like this

      - Mosky Requiem
      - Chery Melody (+500 PvEAtk and AtkSpeed)
      - March of the Bees (reduces Mdeff)
      - Chilling Harmony Chain
      - Disharmony
      - Illusion Variation + Tsunami
      - Fanstatic Variation (Vision)

      With an AtkSpeed - Transformation or Popoku, you should be able to use everything in combination with Cheery Melody and March of the Bees. And since Cheery Melody has 1 min CD and March of the Bees 30s you can use this combination after 1min. It would be like this every 1 min.

      - Mosky Requiem
      - Chery Melody (+500 PvEAtk and AtkSpeed)
      - March of the Bees (reduces Mdeff)
      - Disharmony
      - Fanstatic Variation (Vision)

      I know that your CD is lower when you upped your Stigma, but try to stick with this Rotation as far as possible.

      Outside from this Rotation you should weave Sound of the Breeze (SotB) inbetween every skill ! Its very important to maintain your dps. If you have SoD/WoW/ or the Chanter mini WoW then you can combine skills like i explained in my 5.8 guide.

      I will update my guide soon, but have to finish it in german first and then translate it into english :D too lazy for that atm :D
      This is all some good info, as I have a Bard myself too which I haven't played since the AT came in, so will help prepare when i start gearing him up.
    • Sorayami wrote:

      Yeah it shouldnt apply on bosses, i forgot the fact that any Debuff/Dots with MS reduce arent apply on bosses like the earch dot from cleric ._.

      So basicly I was right when I said Sea Variation is a waste of time :P
      The time it casts does not give the damage desired and the nice effect of it is not working.

      Not gonna say I told you so, because I genuinly didnt know about the msup thing, but well.

      To get back on the topic, Bard rotation is pretty straight forward if you ask me.
      Prioritize nukes as Discord/Horse/Frog/Wind Harmony tree.
      Use Sound of Breeze between everything.
      And fill up the rest with less valuable skills :3
      Perento Elyos - 65 Bard
      Deyla Elyos - 80 Bard