Customize Character

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Customize Character

I want to change the look of my character, a friend of mine sent me the screenshot of his, and I wanted to make it identical, so he did "save aspect" and sent me the screenshot, but despite having put in the aion folder I can not view the screenshot, what can I do? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
      ᴋɪʟʟ ᴍᴇ.. ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛʀʏ!⛩

Twitch
      Facebook
    • MOLSON wrote:

I want to change the look of my character, a friend of mine sent me the screenshot of his, and I wanted to make it identical, so he did "save aspect" and sent me the screenshot, but despite having put in the aion folder I can not view the screenshot, what can I do? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
      Hi @MOLSON,

the character data screenshot must be placed inside the Screenshot folder, not at the main Aion directory. The default path to the Screenshot folder should look something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Gameforge\AION Free-to-Play\Screenshot

Lemme know if this works for you!

Thread moved to the appropriate section. | Zapiel
    • Zapiel wrote:

MOLSON wrote:

Hi @MOLSON,
      the character data screenshot must be placed inside the Screenshot folder, not at the main Aion directory. The default path to the Screenshot folder should look something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Gameforge\AION Free-to-Play\Screenshot

Lemme know if this works for you!

Thread moved to the appropriate section. | Zapiel
      I do it but don't work! look, ibb.co/QbVPbzV & ibb.co/bH01j8K now idk what i need to do :/ @Zapiel
      ᴋɪʟʟ ᴍᴇ.. ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛʀʏ!⛩

Twitch
      Facebook
    • @MOLSON, as Kery already asked, is your friend from the same faction? The system cannot import data from opposing races. I can't tell for sure due to the low resolution of the screenshot, but it looks like you're playing an Asmodian and you're trying to apply Elyos customization data, and unfortunately, this is not possible.

Please make sure that your friend's character data matches the race you want to create. You need Elyos character data if you want to create an Elyos, and Asmodian character data if you want to create an Asmodian.
    • Zapiel wrote:

@MOLSON, as Kery already asked, is your friend from the same faction? The system cannot import data from opposing races. I can't tell for sure due to the low resolution of the screenshot, but it looks like you're playing an Asmodian and you're trying to apply Elyos customization data, and unfortunately, this is not possible.

Please make sure that your friend's character data matches the race you want to create. You need Elyos character data if you want to create an Elyos, and Asmodian character data if you want to create an Asmodian.
      Asmo data ofc, same race but different server
      ᴋɪʟʟ ᴍᴇ.. ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛʀʏ!⛩

Twitch
      Facebook
    • I never tried this, but looking at the folders there's another one named "ScreenshotCustomize", and when you open it you'll find same name of the images (for example : AionCustomize0001.jpg) in "Screenshot" folder but they have different image and they have this little icon at the top left (see image attached) that looks like icon of change appearance ticket.

So my point is ask your friend to send you the image with the same name of the first one (from "Screenshot" folder) from the "ScreenshotCustomize" folder, and put it in yours.
      Files
    • Alright, there's a few things that might be at play here.

1) As verizan said, the character data screenshot must be taken from the character creation interface: Gold Sand shop -> Clothing -> Modify Appearance -> Save Appearance. Regular screenshots of the character will not work. You can identify character screenshots by their name. They are named AionCustomize by default.

2) The gender of the characters must also match. You cannot create a female character with the data of a male character.

3) Make sure that your client is set to read character data from the correct location. Go to the character creation menu, select your race, class, and gender, and click on the Path Change (Appearance) icon at the bottom left of your screen. A new window will appear. There, you can choose where you want your client to read character data from, and you must place the character data screenshot at the same location. The default location is the Screenshot folder in Aion's main directory, as seen here:

If everything is right, you should be able to see your friend's appearance by clicking Appearance List to the left:

If these don't work, your next option is to do what Senpai said and move the sliders yourself manually. Painful, I know, but it's a small price to pay for beauty :alol:

You may also want to repair your client and message Support if this keeps happening with ALL of your character templates. There might be other technical issues with your client / computer and the forum cannot help more in this case.
    • Hello, I created the character for him and if you guys want to try to test it out if it works for you, there it is:

Works just fine for me as you can see here:

[NICK]verizan wrote:

Screenshot must be created with character creation interface (gold sand shop->clothing->modify appearence). Ingame screenshots cannot be used to import character data.
      Ingame screenshots do work as long as you take them by pressing control+printscreen

I took a screenshot like that of my character in Hell Pass, and even though you can't even see its appearance... ta-dah!

prntscr.com/mbo8qp this is what appears in the chat

how it looks like:

(you can see hell pass screen top left)

(how it looks like after I select it)

I legit have no idea why it doesn't work for him ?(