Pinned General Event Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yes it means that I don't have any list besides what is included in the news.

It was decided to avoid having huge sets of tables (with exceptions of course) in news so that people do actually read the news. Many people were skipping it when it was a huge wall of text + a lot of tables. Also so that you can play and judge the event based on what you get when you play. I saw hundreds of times people checking rewards lists and voting for the event or going completely crazy on forum 2 minutes after the news is live without even playing it.

Of course I do understand that some people want to have a complete overview of an event before deciding if it's worth participating or not but in this case, you get the snowflakes anyway and it doesn't require any special effort. But I really do believe that the feedback will be way more accurate if it's based on your experience IG and not only on reading tables ;) In the end you will check more or less what you got and you will be able to say if it was good in your opinion or not good.
    • I was already editing my post with what i'm about to say here...

Guess this is some "brilliant" solution by whoever runs these events to the fact that the community disliked the last events (because they were straight up bad). By not giving a reward list, you actually make people try out the event more (incluiding buying snowballs in the shop) because people like to believe that there will be something good. If the bad reward list is revealed for an event, people lose interest.

I don't know how well this works when the community has been mad at you for the past ~3 months and you spent half of the last DT episode apologizing and saying you'll do better but hey :D
    • People wont participate if they dont know what they can get, beside that couple items you highlighted (aint so good). :nothingtoseehere:
      Also why are we able to get ultimate pve stones via events but not pvp? Cmmon, i bet there are more ppl who would be intrested in Pvp if eventually they could have gear, but you are not helping with this, do just equal amount of stones for both types..

-Senpai

The post was edited 2 times, last by Inorey ().

• Galeas wrote:

Yes it means that I don't have any list besides what is included in the news.

It was decided to avoid having huge sets of tables (with exceptions of course) in news so that people do actually read the news. Many people were skipping it when it was a huge wall of text + a lot of tables. Also so that you can play and judge the event based on what you get when you play. I saw hundreds of times people checking rewards lists and voting for the event or going completely crazy on forum 2 minutes after the news is live without even playing it.

Of course I do understand that some people want to have a complete overview of an event before deciding if it's worth participating or not but in this case, you get the snowflakes anyway and it doesn't require any special effort. But I really do believe that the feedback will be way more accurate if it's based on your experience IG and not only on reading tables ;) In the end you will check more or less what you got and you will be able to say if it was good in your opinion or not good.

Come on man you can't be serious :D

Snowflakes can be traded, if we don't know what they can give = we don't know their real value = we don't know if we should open them or sell directly.

What they give might be intrested for some players, but not for some others.

I know its just a free item all can get etc etc, but that isn't really an excuse...
      Legend of the Kaisinel Temple
    • We don't always need full reward list in news, they could just add a link to the forum where the full reward lists are. it can be put in the event discussion thread of that event or maybe in a spoiler on news section so it only opens the wall of text if you open spoiler.
      for most events it doesn't matter to me and I think gameforge is just fine with not giving full reward list.

But I believe in events where people can buy items on Aion shop these people should know what the full reward list is, since snowflakes are also on shop imo there should also be a list.
      Divine
    • Normal reaction:
      > People complain about the prizes
      > The publisher changes the prizes for the better

Gameforge reaction:
      > hmmm, we will not tell you what are the rewards!

Sooo funny :)

cequ wrote:

@Galeas why only 1 event with pvp stones? And why no ultima pvp Stones?
      We ned it because enchanting is So hard and still no ways to get ultima stones...
      Still no answer, we're still waiting :)
    • The explanation I gave is a general explanation, as you could see we didn't mention all rewards for all events. But the arguments here are good for this one as we have snowflakes in the shop too. i'll see if we can get a list.

cequ wrote:

Gameforge reaction:

Sooo funny :)

cequ wrote:

@Galeas why only 1 event with pvp stones? And why no ultima pvp Stones?
      We ned it because enchanting is So hard and still no ways to get ultima stones...
      Still no answer, we're still waiting :)
      The best rewards are listed in the news.

I have no answer, I'm not designing events ;) For now we only have PvE utlimate, we might have PvP added in future events.
    • cequ wrote:

Gameforge reaction:

Sooo funny
      Thank you :D I laughed so much.

I think Gameforge finally realized how bad they are at running "events" and at picking the "rewards" that now they even try to hide what you can get from them.

Next step: finally stopping running any event because it's so much of an hassle and the playerbase is so ungrateful :thumbsup: