What is Ranger spot right now?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is Ranger spot right now?

Coming back from a 6 years break, I'm reading everything I can before I really commit to anything.

My main is a ranger and with what I read I'm kinda scared. Ranger
      were never a top DPS class, but they were still able to dish out some
      nice damage.

I've read from several sources (and seen this i.imgur.com/dOdHUH1.png) that ranger now are even out dps'ed by clerics...
      For a class that is supposed to DPS, that's a bit rough.

So my question is, what are Rangers good at now? Is there actually a point (besides my own preferences) to play it and invest time in it?
    • On long time fights, rangers normally rule the DPS lists. However, when it's very short fights where classes with short term immense speed buffs/damage buffs are around, they fall behind a lot.

When it includes long PvP with much AoE use, gladiators naturally will be highest, because they also are targetted and killed much later....but a ranger not being targetting doesn't necessarily have to drop behind gladiators.
    • [NICK]nexusdhyana wrote:

On long time fights, rangers normally rule the DPS lists. However, when it's very short fights where classes with short term immense speed buffs/damage buffs are around, they fall behind a lot.

When it includes long PvP with much AoE use, gladiators naturally will be highest, because they also are targetted and killed much later....but a ranger not being targetting doesn't necessarily have to drop behind gladiators.

I disagree. If you compare all classes played at top tier, ranger is on the bottom half of the list.
      Rangers are however extremely fun to play in PvP and to some extent even worse to deal with than spiritmasters.
    • Well maybe rangers without enchanted weapons or wrongly socketed gear or players who lag too much end there, but normally, no.

I was very sad when boss dps at siege became so short that I'm not on top of the list anymore. Going SWB and such, there's still nothing coming close.
    • [NICK]nexusdhyana wrote:

Well maybe rangers without enchanted weapons or wrongly socketed gear or players who lag too much end there, but normally, no.

I was very sad when boss dps at siege became so short that I'm not on top of the list anymore. Going SWB and such, there's still nothing coming close.

I said played at top tier. That means enhanced Hyperion set or Makarna set and perfect rotations/class knowledge.
    • I main a ranger for some while now. Although I'm relatively new to Aion, I can say that the ranger is a foe to be feared in pvp, both solo and groups.
      In PvE ranger does very good. Most of the time with my ranger I am top dps on hyperion, only getting left behind by good sorcs or good sins.
      In pvp, with proper gear, ping and skill, rangers have a good chance against any class (please note that in Korea, ranger is considered the best). At first it will seem weak and if you're making mistakes, you die extremely fast.
      But overall, playing a ranger is a good choice.