Patchnotes and 'Katalium' crafts in 4.9

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Patchnotes and 'Katalium' crafts in 4.9

Quoted from the patchnotes:
      The chance of combining corresponding items during Katalium production has been
      increased.

Firstly, it is obvious they copy-pasted the NA patch notes since in EU we have never used 'Katalium'. The items are called 'Catalium' in EU.
      Furthermore, the quoted sentence makes no sense whatsoever; combining corresponding items? Combining what? Corresponding what?
      Let me quote the exact same point from the NA patchnotes:
      The success rate of items related to Katalium crafting has been increased.

You see, this makes a lot more sense, 'critical crafts' are more likely to occur with crafts related to 'Catalium' items.

The increased craft rate is literally the only thing I wanted patch 4.9 for, I don't care for any of the rest.

So can we get any clarification on the matter. Did you once again c*ck up the patchnotes translation, proving zero knowledge of the game, or did we get a region specific nerf in 4.9?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stallari ().

• Stallari wrote:

Firstly, it is obvious they copy-pasted the NA patch notes since in EU we have never used 'Katalium'. The items are called 'Catalium' in EU.

For the "german" client it is Katalium :)
      Glänzendes Katalium-Saiteninstrument des Großmeisters <=> Grand Master's Gleaming Catalium Harp

And as far as I know we don't have a special changes for the crafting system.
    • Click wrote:

increased from 25% to 26% ?
      Even tho chance is increased, fluxes still go for 1.5 - 2 mill each on my server/side.
      That's 5x the price I paid back then, when I crafted the rods.
      Conclusion -> higher rate but 5x more expensive

in our servers didn't checked yet prices, i have about 300 blue weapon flux stored for this upgrade :)

anyway, you know that this game, is needed a lot of people farming, or better than all, a lot of bots 24/7 farming for have good enough prices
    • Wait, isnt this the patch that they remove the blue/green ones and only need the white ones?

I know you can transform the gatherables (catalium etc) from blue into green into white (so 1 blue = 2 green = 4 white ), but does the same happen for the fluxes? I never tried but I don't think you can right click blue flux and turn into 2 green flux or am I wrong here?
    • No.

For the 'new' designs you only require the lesser items.

The normal/greater/pure/brilliant/etc items are no longer acquirable (is that a word?), but you can still open them to create lesser versions.
      Next to that, the designs get two forms now to complete. Firstly the new one which requires lesser items only, but you can also still craft using the old 'icy' items.
    • Excellent post to continue and not make separate post:
      For those who didn't notice the "trick" of new patch: only gatherables (plants, ores, aether) can be used to receive lower grade gatherables, but not fluxes and other material that also come in different grades. This difference can lead to a major disaster or profit for some people.

Let's take a random design example:
      To craft lv 500 gold <Horn Dragon Emperor's Durable Aether Key> u have 2 recipes now. Two ingredients are same, recipes differ in 3 ingredients:

- first recipes uses:

54x urge of wrath
      297x magical aether and
      486x drenite ore

- second recipe uses:

6x icy clouded urge of wrath
      11x icy brilliant magical aether and
      18x icy brilliant drenite ore.

If you break down golden 18x brilliant drenite ores you will get 486x drenite ores (18 golden x 3 blue x 3 green x 3 white). Same with brilliant magical aether (11 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 297). So far so good.

BUT YOU CAN'T break down icy cloud urge of cloud!!! If you could, you'd get 6 x 3 x 3 = 54 urges of wrath and everything would be fine. Same goes for fluxes.

This means that once gatherables will run out there will be no way to use old crafting mob drops any more. Or people will sell the remaining higher level gatherables for large amounts of money so people will be able to use their old stock of higher grade craft drops. Since higher level crafting drops will drop no more, I guess we will get normal versions of same crafting drops instead, but still remains the fact that people won't be able to use items they own and not by their own fault.

THERE IS A WORKAROUND FOR SOME(!!!) FLUXES), but demands morphing recipe, morph catalysts and DP. For example a randomly chosen morph design:

with <Morph: Expert Finest Weapon Flux>

you can use 1x golden <Master Finest Icy Weapon Flux> + 1x <Master Finest Morph Catalyst> + 200 DP to receive 3x blue <Expert Finest Icy Weapon Flux>.

To get the new normal white item you need to morph from blue to green and from green to white, basically u need 4 morph recipes to get new white flux from previous gold ones. It can be done, but with a considerable cost and much running around fortresses. I admit I don't even know any more where morph designs are sold now.

BUT THERE ARE NO MORPHING RECIPES FOR OTHER DROPS like clouded urge of wrath and other white, blue, red and orange items (urge of terror, of wrath, maddened urge of... etc.).

I think NC and GF should make a patch and simply exchange higher grades of crafting items that dropped from mobs and thus there will be no need to have double recipes.

Also, I do not understand why it isn't possible to delete only one of two possible recipes, cause it deletes both versions and then you must acquire new recipe, which doesn't make any sense.

Good luck to all of you!
      If I overlooked or missed some npc that does break down looted crafted components, please let me know. TY.

EDIT: spacing and added "SOME(!!!)" FLUXES
      Dancing through the midnight whirl-pool, formless
      Hope it can continue a little while longer

The post was edited 1 time, last by Elysorrow ().

• The new Catalium Polearm designs ( i have only those ) are a total waste in terms of fluxes.
      The only thing they simplified with the patch is:

Now you need only 1 grade of Flux, Aether and Catalium.

The number of fluxes, catalium and aether needed for the higher grade crafts is significantly increased.
      Taking this into consideration, the cost of crafting catalium stuff will remain the same, i even think, it got more expensive now.

Can you still gather white, green and blue catalium / ancient aether, or is there only the white version now?
      'cuz if there is only white version now, the time to gather materials got drastically increased aswell, cuz no more break downs possible...
    • Click wrote:

The new Catalium Polearm designs ( i have only those ) are a total waste in terms of fluxes.
      The only thing they simplified with the patch is:

Now you need only 1 grade of Flux, Aether and Catalium.

The number of fluxes, catalium and aether needed for the higher grade crafts is significantly increased.
      Taking this into consideration, the cost of crafting catalium stuff will remain the same, i even think, it got more expensive now.

Can you still gather white, green and blue catalium / ancient aether, or is there only the white version now?
      'cuz if there is only white version now, the time to gather materials got drastically increased aswell, cuz no more break downs possible...

Yup, can only gather white items now. That's why I saved all the mats before 4.9 arrived.
    • It would be nice if they had kept the option to get 3 or 9 items per gathering with same chances they had for getting ex greens and blues. Time wise it would be even faster than before cause of only one grade an no need converting to whites.

Meh, they never think about anything thoroughly.

@Click: are you sure that the amounts aren't just whites x2 and x4 or x3 and x9 which would be same in whites as before if u ignore time?

EDIT: btw. I don't think it's worse timewise. Earlier to get higher grade u had to get many more whites. So whites were in excess, now nothing is redundant.
      Dancing through the midnight whirl-pool, formless
      Hope it can continue a little while longer

The post was edited 1 time, last by Elysorrow ().

• Stallari wrote:

Well, next to the materials I saved for the Catalium Rod, I also saved some materials till 4.9 release to craft a belt.
      Here are the results:

Wow just ... So unlucky on the legendary step.
      At least you proc'ed one.

100 crafts is not a high number to make conclusions, but it hints already that the average chances should be on 30ish % proc chance, while it was around 20% before 4.9.