About the community

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• About the community

Hello,
      I haven’t played the game for a while now.

I had to quit, because I was getting tired of the community on Telemachus and the grind-fest that the game was turned into. I guess it’s important to note that I was quite “GG” at that time (just name the set, I have it all full socketed and enchanted).

I had a bit of time these days and I wanted to see how the game is going after the merges. I guess in my mind I thought more people online equals more fun and less drama. But I found out pretty fast that the community has gotten even worse now. People have become very suspicious and mistrusting, wanting you to link full gear and armor before they invite you in a group. I guess I get it for certain instances (pvp or the really hard core endgame stuff), but who the hell wants an equipment check for Sauro (1 key)? Sauro… like the instance new to lvl 65 people go to gear themselves up a bit? Is it even possible to fail the current version of Sauro we are having- it’s nerfed beyond reason... I’m not QQing, it’s not like I don’t have the gear to spam whoever is asking, it’s just irritating that “link weapon” is turning into the new “hi”. I guess I’m missing something else - since when full army 2 star set +15 weapon and kunax accs is not enough to get you into a simple jmr-group (and no, not a group full of ppl in the top 300, but a normal one), because it turns out this is not a good answer to “link your gear” in the experience I had in the past couple of days.

So yeah… basically I’d like someone to explain to me what the rules on this server are, because I don’t think I understand them anymore.
    • Was watching some old spata vids. Really brought home how much I hate my new server. I think I have logged in maybe an hour over 7 days, and i've not missed the moaning, the bitching and the egos. And I have not missed Aion. Nothing exists that makes me wanna log in and I have tried numerous things to get me interested again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dami ().

• The aion community has always been toxic, dont know what you were expecting to find tbh. Server merges killed this game because they put the wrong servers together. Telemachus is just awash with foreigners who are unable to string two meaningful words together. And yeah, the gear linking for sauro and even hyperion, piss easy instances and people want gear linking lmfao. Dont they realise that content is like 2 years old or something like that by now... Anyway, I made some attempt to come back and try Aion today, I ran chaos arena with pug, and faced 3 gunners, all using noanim that made my dpsmeter go crazy. I just thought, fcuk this, these kids still running around with their scripts. Game is dead for me, publisher is retarded as the noanim users and im trying hard to find a good reason to pick some of the latest patches content to get my teeth stuck into, and am unable to find any. Thankfully SE gave out free access to ffxiv for a couple of weeks, gonna try that, if that fails, then its hardcore BDO for me.
      Who do you think you are kidding Mr. Gameforge?
      If you think we like p2w,
      We are the boys who will stop your little game.
      We are the boys who will make you think again.
      'Cus who do you think you are kidding Mr. Gameforge?
      If you think old Aion'ers done?
    • This screenshot shows how Aion community is now:
      Happened few weeks before merge on Spata, this guy was friend for some years and
      after he went to a "Elite OP GG" legion, where he turned ret ard. Things
      like that where decisive to make me leave game definitively. Sorry ,
      I'm too poor to play this elite game.

And as I can read the things didn't changed much.

There are other games around, if I wanted to play Aion again maybe I would try NA servers with some ping reducing software.

Regards.
    • [NICK]fureaspata wrote:

This screenshot shows how Aion community is now:
      Happened few weeks before merge on Spata, this guy was friend for some years and
      after he went to a "Elite OP GG" legion, where he turned ret ard. Things
      like that where decisive to make me leave game definitively. Sorry ,
      I'm too poor to play this elite game.

And as I can read the things didn't changed much.

There are other games around, if I wanted to play Aion again maybe I would try NA servers with some ping reducing software.

Regards.

Enchanted and fully enchanted accesories are two different things. You started overreacting to his question.

We had numerous events, so even some alts wear army 2 star sets, but it's not enough to have AP gear nowadays. Enchanted accs give you some advantage and if the rest of the group/ally are geared people, they will demand 70-80% equal equipment from you.
    • Well I'm restarting on the server since I'm stuck there after the merges apparently, but its "sooo seriouuus business" everywhere. LFG, abyss gear, LFG good geared cleric. I tried to put a couple of jokes on l3 with my noob level 20 player, and I wasnt even flamed for doing that. Seriously, are your end of month cheques paid by GF or did you loose contact with the IRL that a bit of humour is even dead in l3.
    • Merge is good , more player to Pvp everywhere :)))) Yeah Malothar Everywhere you find ppl ! Community is the best cause nothing change , whoever see changes , he is blind like hell! as was before , it is the same and now :) No Aion with Merge is remind the good old days :))) Who ever wants to cry i suppose and before merge was crying for different reason so no change ! Yeah they ask you for gear everywhere but it is in your hands to tell them or to find another group to go , also if you have already friends no need to go with other ppl :)) I lauph a lot with those guys they say they quit the game and they live peacefully but they are here in forum and watch everything :)))
    • To be fair asking people for gear while doing runs where you're missing few people is actually normal thing to do. Since the merge where you have all sorts of people applying. You can't expect for everyone to know how much of a big shot you were on your previous server and just by some sort of miracle know of your divine OP abilities...

Yes you get people that ask for gear for RB nm and Sauro, which is retarded since its nerfed so bad 4 man group can do it while sleeping. But keep in mind people that are asking you for gear never saw you either in action or in their groups before. Some have high expectations for some runs but once you're asked for gear aren't you a little bit of reassured that group or ally won't be built on dev56 gear? It usually calms me down tho gear is not everything that is true but at least I don't additionally worry about that sort of stuff...

+ is it so hard to link the gear if you have a good one? If not stick to premades and don't go searching LFG for random groups if you're looking down on them asking for gear. Keep in mind they don't really know you, and how could they? and again why would they? To them you're the new person there, wouldn't you do the same to make sure your friends in the group gets the fast run they want? Why liability?
      Think over it, you guys QQ too much over this subject while you're doing this in previous updates as well (to people you didn't know mostly).
    • The community on Deyla went full 'tard since the merge. Pre-merge, Telemachus was OK, quiet, but OK. The 'tardometer hardly moved, much, if at all, then after merge, it got broken faster than I could say, 'WTS english lessons'.

I also see people wanting gear checks for just about everything and its completely unnecessary 95% of the time.

PVE, I would only ask for someone in at least half mythic gear for makarna, for everything else, rune tribe is more than enough. +10 weapon is nice, but not essential.

PVP, 1 vs 1 , enchant your gear is a must, group / alliance pvp, dont need enchanted gear. Just brain, class knowledge and willingness to co-ordinate with the rest of the team will suffice as group effort > headless chickens attacking random targets.

But kids can make requirements for their own groups as they wish. My advise is just /block those and find nice people who play for fun rather than job.