Communication?

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Communication?

Hey guys/girls.

I can't actually believe nobody made a tread here about this before.
      But since it really anoys me and I really hope things can change, I'd go for it.

The lack of communication between EN and ESP is huge. HUGE.
      I've not played for about 2 years and wanted to come back to do some dumbass Riftruns for fun.
      But I couldn't gather anyone because there is actually noone who understood me?

What is the problem with our server, can't the Aqui people speak English or are they too lazy to do so?
      It's really not fun to play like this and I'd like to ask you guys to TRY at least.

The people from Anuheart didn't choose to be merged with you, it just happened.
      And the Spanish people are basically taking over the whole server.
      Which also wasn't the point of the merge.

So please. I beg you. Talk English in chat because the only thing I can see now is ESP.
      And I do not understand a word of what they are saying.
      I am sure I am not the only one and this just had to be said..
    • When the merge happened there was too much of complaining in Hellion by english speakers for the flooded lfg in spannish. Now i guess everyone accepted that this situation won't change and there are no fights anymore.

Language was not the only issue, even sieges altered by the way alqui people wanted to be played like the ingginson/gelkmaros siege with the anuhart's people adopting (liking it or not :P ) a perma pve siege, 'cause the few must follow the many.

You should try to join an english legion and make some premades there too.
      Legend of the Kaisinel Temple
    • Understand that if so many ppl joined the spanish server is just because they dont know a word of english, so asking them to use it after the merge is nonsense. Accept it, cause its not going to change.

You can also use the opportunity and learn some spanish, we are more than 560 million people that speak it :P
    • You have to understand that Alqui was a Spanish server and that they had more people than Anuhart server...

Surprisingly half of the Spanish/latin people don't speak a word of English (it's sad, yes), but at least they try. In the other hand, How many of the English people try to speak Spanish? very few.
      Why do you expect that it is the Spanish people the one who have to addapt to your languague when they are more people in the server? it is a bit unfair to call them lazy and to blame them for not speaking -your- language. They didn't choose the merge.

Said that, I don't see that the lack of communication is that bad. I usually play in mixed groups without much problem, and we even have some English people in our Spanish guild. You just have to want to comunicate with other people, it's easy if you try :)

And about Sieges... I don't see that your governor and generals do much about this situation (in the elyos side). The asmo side seems much more united after the merge, wich is a good thing to balance both factions.
    • [NICK]sylvionevelyne wrote:

Hey guys/girls.

I can't actually believe nobody made a tread here about this before.
      But since it really anoys me and I really hope things can change, I'd go for it.

The lack of communication between EN and ESP is huge. HUGE.
      I've not played for about 2 years and wanted to come back to do some dumbass Riftruns for fun.
      But I couldn't gather anyone because there is actually noone who understood me?

What is the problem with our server, can't the Aqui people speak English or are they too lazy to do so?
      It's really not fun to play like this and I'd like to ask you guys to TRY at least.

And the Spanish people are basically taking over the whole server.
      Which also wasn't the point of the merge.

So please. I beg you. Talk English in chat because the only thing I can see now is ESP.
      And I do not understand a word of what they are saying.
      I am sure I am not the only one and this just had to be said..

I am with you, taht's the truth, i will be glad to read only english on public channels and i expected that become true when server was tagged as "English" but... GF just skip the trouble flagging server as EN/ES and drama ended so fast, people is free to use spanish, english, turkish and even chinese on public channels.

You all know that i am from spain, my spoken english will not be very good and if i write it i make a lot of spelling mistakes, but i make my try and i think that people understand what i tried to mean, also i understand what they write.

But, i know a lot of people that dont know any word on english and that its severe where that people is who have high ranks on our legion. English people that joined our legion know that on TS we will spoke on Spanish than English and who coordinates somtimes forget to repeat same orders on both languages.

Anyway, i need to focus on one of your points

The same happened to Alquima people, dont blame us, blame GF because they avoid the issue tagging server on both languages.
    • [NICK]samaryel wrote:

You have to understand that Alqui was a Spanish server and that they had more people than Anuhart server...

Surprisingly half of the Spanish/latin people don't speak a word of English (it's sad, yes), but at least they try. In the other hand, How many of the English people try to speak Spanish? very few.
      Why do you expect that it is the Spanish people the one who have to addapt to your languague when they are more people in the server? it is a bit unfair to call them lazy and to blame them for not speaking -your- language. They didn't choose the merge.

Said that, I don't see that the lack of communication is that bad. I usually play in mixed groups without much problem, and we even have some English people in our Spanish guild. You just have to want to comunicate with other people, it's easy if you try :)

And about Sieges... I don't see that your governor and generals do much about this situation (in the elyos side). The asmo side seems much more united after the merge, wich is a good thing to balance both factions.

There are not Spannish people and English people here. There are Spannish people and people from many diffrent countries of europe or outside/close to Europe that communicate with English language since it is officially the world's global language. So i think your rhetorical wondering of how many Europeans speaks your homecountry language, is a bit selfish.

A % Spannish people are bored or can't to learn a 2nd language that it will be usefull to them outside of the game too, but all the other countries must learn at least a... 3rd language (Spannish) ? :pinch:

I don't blame Alqui people at all, they didn't choose to be merged, so as anuhart people. But it's diffrent using your language in lfg to sell or buy something or searhing / reqruit a group and it is diffrent to just SPAM randomly entire paragraphs in spannish. The 2nd option means a lack of respect that this server is not only Spannish speaking anymore.

And about sieges i aggree with you, asmos seems more united and elyos is like "let's go unorganised and wish us good luck". The only elyos out of top 3 that actually do something atm and try to guide people through siege with command chat is Revoluttion, and was originally from alqui and most of the times he is typing in both English and Spannish, and that is a good thing about him.
      Legend of the Kaisinel Temple
    • Neverfelt wrote:

A % Spannish people are bored or can't to learn a 2nd language that it will be usefull to them outside of the game too, but all the other countries must learn at least a... 3rd language (Spannish) ?
      You have the point there, I guesed that most of Anuhart people was from UK but I might be wrong. And as I said I'm quite surprised that half of alqui server people don't understand English. Anyway it is not about learning a new language, just the most tipical commands because you don't need to write or talk too much in this game.

About the random spam in LFG in Spanish, is mostly silly conversations, you are not missing anything, really. The same happens in English by the way, with people chatting about stupid things in the lfg. Better ignore those.

At least governor and generals write always in both languages so I think the communication in the server is not that bad. The only thing that I don't like is that we are still too apart, and I don't see unions of Anuhart and alqui for siegues. And also in the lfg for groups you find annoying things sometimes like (not Spanish / only Spanish)... it's sad that people is afraid to mix with other people, but I think it will get better with the time.
    • I come from Scotland and moved from Anuhart server to Spanish server when it opened up. Why? because my friend is Spanish and at that time the GP was much much cheaper.

I did not know any spanish. In time I learned some basic words that helped me. I did not demand or expect a group all to speak english just for me. What I did find in a goup was always someone kind enough to use the little english they knew. Google translate is opened when I log in and I use it a lot, even today. I understand the difficulty trying to talk with others when they do not understand.

I have not done the higher level instances and can imagine it would be more difficult if someone did not know the instance or know their job in that instance. For those it would need someone who could speak both languages to lead or translate, sometimes there may be no time to do that.

I suggested in the forum that they could make tutorial levels for some instances so that people would at least know instances.

I do not know what the relationship is between Govenor of Anuhart and Gorvenor of Alqui (people in those postions before the merge). Maybe they can talk and work something out. What used to be and what is now. Hard ask I know.
    • [NICK]rebelbabe wrote:

I do not know what the relationship is between Govenor of Anuhart and Gorvenor of Alqui (people in those postions before the merge). Maybe they can talk and work something out. What used to be and what is now. Hard ask I know.
      I don't really understand why you think that the governors should do something about it. And I really understand that ANYONE, who has some kind of important rank, needs to do it. Ranks, like in any game, are there for only giving a feeling of having accomplished something. And that's their only purpose.
      Even if they meant something, in the end, it all depends on the person. If someone doesn't want to learn something, they will never learn it. I've been playing on Anuhart for 3+ years and I've met MANY people who couldn't even understand a single word. But those, who wanted to actually play the game, weren't bothered by the language barrier and played the game. If someone really wants to play the game, they will play it. Those who play it casually they will always cause problems for the others, as usually such people don't really care, and language is not the reason for it, as I've seen many english native speakers that just played casually and left the game after not so long.
    • It's not directly the communication that's the problem, it's the attitude of people. I am not going to solely blame the Spanish for this, as the English community has had some influence in the matter as well.
      As you probably noticed; I don't play anymore since a while. Partly because any motivation I had left to play was squashed due to this siege problem. I was one of the few trying to organise and communicate things between both communities and have a moderate enjoyable experience during sieges. Due to the attitude of people my (and other people's efforts) were quickly nullified.
      In short, if the attitude doesn't change, nothing will.

That's my two cents, I have no idea how the situation evolved in the last two to three months, as I haven't logged in for a while, nor will I again.

Edit: My 800th and last post :beer:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stallari ().